Casey Cizikas: "If they want to be like that, they can stay home".

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Youve been booed at work? Have you been a professional athlete too lol?

Cant imagine being booed at the office that sounds traumatizing and way too personal haha
I kind of wish people would boo me at work.

However I want to be able to tell them what I think of them responsibility free in return.

• Haha
Reactions: abo9

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
It is becoming more and more clear that the NHL is not a league made up of serious athletes. There’s no shortage of talent, but there is a massive shortage of guts and respect for their own positions.

Insulting your customers and telling them you don’t want their business is a losing strategy every time. For you pearl clutchers, I’ll add the caveat that sometimes it’s worth losing some money to make a moral stand, but unfortunately calling for a coach to be fired from an entertainment product is not that. If the league had any sense whatsoever they’d come down HARD on Cizikas here.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
I have no right to tell anyone how to act..... hahahahha. So youre also ok with fans chucking garbage on the ice if theres was a bad call too, I take it? Youre one of those. What a great role model you must be.

Yeah cus you think it would just be "A CUSTOMER'S RIGHT" to just show up at someone's workplace and start yelling at ONE of the employees because they arent pleased with the company's product. Oh what a great society you believe you live in.

Fact of the matter is, YOU and all these pathetic fans who chant "FIRE (said coach)" wouldnt have the BALLS to do so if they were alone face to face with them. Just a bunch of drunken idiotic fans riding the wave.
Put the blue outrage hair dye down. You’ve come in here and made a lot of assumptions about people who have no understanding of.

“A customers right”? Wtf you talking about? This coach you’re so hard pressed to defend is in the entertainment industry. He has a responsibility to his brand; and the fans, who support this brand wholeheartedly, have every right to voice their displeasure. These guys make guaranteed money thanks to these fans, they will be fine.

You are unhinged my friend. Why don’t you hop on the radio and defend cizikas and all the other softies that can’t take criticism?

TS Quint

Stop writing “I mean” in your posts.
Sep 8, 2012
I have no right to tell anyone how to act..... hahahahha. So youre also ok with fans chucking garbage on the ice if theres was a bad call too, I take it? Youre one of those. What a great role model you must be.

Yeah cus you think it would just be "A CUSTOMER'S RIGHT" to just show up at someone's workplace and start yelling at ONE of the employees because they arent pleased with the company's product. Oh what a great society you believe you live in.

Fact of the matter is, YOU and all these pathetic fans who chant "FIRE (said coach)" wouldnt have the BALLS to do so if they were alone face to face with them. Just a bunch of drunken idiotic fans riding the wave.
Talk about getting bent out of shape.....wow.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Lindy was here for two full seasons, missed the playoffs both times and the team played some absolutely horrid hockey and they started his 3rd season out getting blown out in Philly to open the season and then getting blown out in the home opener. Those boos and chants were 100% deserved.

The difference is Lindy handled it the correct way and said the fans have every right to boo because they expect a winning product and none of the players whined about it either.

Maybe boos were deserved, but it's a good thing the Devils front office didn't listen to the fans' request to "fire Lindy." I never said fans shouldn't boo, but calling for a coach to be fired is above their pay grade. It's not always the coaches fault when the team looks bad.

Contrary to popular belief, the customer ISN'T always right.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
No athlete is worth anything without the fans.

The fans have every right to boo you/the team when your playing poorly abd not delivering.

Either improve your play/the issue at hand, or request to be dealt to a team with low expectations where you can hide away from criticism

Reactions: islesfan3913

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Maybe boos were deserved, but it's a good thing the Devils front office didn't listen to the fans' request to "fire Lindy." I never said fans shouldn't boo, but calling for a coach to be fired is above their pay grade. It's not always the coaches fault when the team looks bad.

The things I've seen the people who call for coaches jobs over nothing say about them, ie "they don't even have a system!" has taught me that they are generally not the best of critical thinkers. 100 games into a head coaching career where he made the playoffs in his first year is a little early to be calling for a guy to be canned. Not like the Islanders are supposed to be some sort of great team.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Hockey players have to be the most out of touch north american athletes ever lol

Do they not understand who pays their salary lol.

Even they know that NHL is a third tier league and that the fans really shouldn't care , giving off big *its just hockey bro nobody watches or cares anyways* vibes
Evan Neal of the NY Giants recently called the fans 'burger flippers' and said he didnt respect them or their opinions on the team

hes still employed by the Giants by the way lol; id have traded his fat ass, he sucks

Lindy Ruff may very well be holding back the Devils; hes the second oldest coach trying to take a modern-style, fast team to the Finals

not saying he cant but odds arent great for a guy whos coaching prowess is from the 80s and 90s lol

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
I just read the article, Cizikas doesnt even defend his coach. Other players did, and didnt attack the fans. I guess thats why they dont make the headlines though.

Like, if youre gonna make such a statement and not take responsibility or defend the coach, it just screams of entitlement and deflecting the blame on fans.

I get it, its not fun to be booed. But fans arent playing and arent making decisions, they dont really have an impact on the game (otherwise montreal would win a metric ton more, especially at home).

Its his 2.5M per year job, he cant handle a few boos when all his multi million dollar teammates and him dont perform their job really well?

Sometimes lines are crossed (like threats), but booing isnt it.
Right on, with the salary and PR training these guys get, especially for a long term vet you expect a better response. Vent to your wife at home.

Reactions: abo9

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Evan Neal of the NY Giants recently called the fans 'burger flippers' and said he didnt respect them or their opinions on the team

hes still employed by the Giants by the way lol; id have traded his fat ass, he sucks

Lindy Ruff may very well be holding back the Devils; hes the second oldest coach trying to take a modern-style, fast team to the Finals

not saying he cant but odds arent great for a guy whos coaching prowess is from the 80s and 90s lol

Evan Neal plays like he'd rather be flipping burgers.

Reactions: Hischier and Hughes

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
He should never play/ watch football in europe then.
Especially for teams that are managed badly, do bs off the pitch etc.
Especially german fans are outspoken about such stuff and will show what they think of such things.
But its mostly the managment that they critizise.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Fans: You guys suck, you get paid too much, you shouldn't have a job at all, your life's work has been a waste!

Players: I don't like that

Fans:
NEZ3UBXUTJVWFLUY2P7FV5UAOE.jpg
if saying he didnt like it was all, then so be it!!

but he told the fans to stay home and i dont think big brain Casey realizes what thatd entail for his paycheck if they did

thats where athletes deserve the shit they get.. when they insult the fans dedication vs just simply saying they dont like the booing

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
If you're mad they're chanting about firing your coach, then stick up for your coach and point out it's the players on the ice playing the game.

What you don't say is "I’ve got no time for those fans. I’ve got no time for them."

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
if saying he didnt like it was all, then so be it!!

but he told the fans to stay home and i dont think big brain Casey realizes what thatd entail for his paycheck if they did

thats where athletes deserve the shit they get.. when they insult the fans dedication vs just simply saying they dont like the booing
Fans say way worse stuff than that, and if they didn't I'm sure those aren't the ones he's talking to. The point stands, if you feel like you can shit on someone for whatever reason, you should make sure you aren't too soft to take the blow back.

Idk though, I'm not one to boo teams/players I like, so when players/teams speak out against those fans I don't feel personally hurt. Same thing happened with Devils and Taylor Hall a few years back, I thought it was fine when he spoke up about it and hilarious when the loudest critics cried the hardest. The lack of self awareness is mind blowing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad