Casey Cizikas: "If they want to be like that, they can stay home".

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
There is a well documented history of players doing everything in their power to try and get a coach fired. When the fans do it however, they are being entitled. Funny how that works.
I guarantee players werent going into their coach's office and chanting for him to get fired.

There are better and frankly more MATURE ways of showing your displeasure towards a team's performance.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
its the most classless thing to do in sports.... Agree 100% with Cizikas and Brady.

Its one thing to boo a collective team's performance, its another to chant for a specific person to be fired while theyre coaching a game. Absolutely pathetic from the fans.

And for you posters who are calling them "soft" etc.... Youre just as pathetic, as you would probably be balling your eyes out and quit on the spot out of embarrassment if you were in their place.

Totally agree. Maybe it's just reflective of society as a whole, but hockey fans sure seem to think they know a lot more than they actually do. Fans have every right to boo and show their displeasure, but they have no idea if a coach deserves to be fired most of the time. When a coach loses a team it's usually pretty obvious and you don't need a bunch of unruly fans calling the coach out publicly. That's just going to create a distraction and certainly isn't going to help in any way. When you see the way Devils fans treated Lindy at first, how Canucks fans treated Boudreau, and now Ottawa and NYI fans are behaving, I don't blame players for telling them to shut up.

Reactions: amnesiac

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
And why is demanding a better product for your money classless?
as I stated above, there are better and frankly more MATURE ways of showing your displeasure towards a team's performance. Collectively chanting for a single person to get fired in front of them and his players is as classless as can be.

Go on the radio and voice your displeasure. Post on social media, message boards, etc

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I guarantee players werent going into their coach's office and chanting for him to get fired.

There are better and frankly more MATURE ways of showing your displeasure towards a team's performance.

So you think refusing to do your job, or half-assing your job to get someone else fired is more mature than fans demanding a better product for their money?

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
So you think refusing to do your job, or half-assing your job to get someone else fired is more mature than fans demanding a better product for their money?
sorry whos "refusing to do their job or trying to get someone else fired?" (whos he trying to get fired??)

The Isles only looked good under a HOF coach in Barry Trotz in recent memory. Its not as if the team on paper is great by any means. If anything Lou is the one who constructed the team. Blame him.

Lambert may not be a good coach in the end, but it sure as hell doesnt give fans a right to humiliate him by CHANTING him to get fired. Just BOO the team as a whole, not a specific person.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
as I stated above, there are better and frankly more MATURE ways of showing your displeasure towards a team's performance. Collectively chanting for a single person to get fired in front of them and his players is as classless as can be.

Go on the radio and voice your displeasure. Post on social media, message boards, etc

What’s with all this high-horse nonsense?

This is a performance oriented, results based industry. This is why they get paid. If you can’t handle criticism from the fans gtfo.

“Go on the radio” - are you for real? These fans just dropped $100’s for 2.5 hours of pure disappointment. You have no right to tell anyone how to act. Neither does Cizikas. What a joke of a comment and stance on this.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I'm all for booing and chanting whatever you want as long as it isnt completely out of line. It costs a lot of time and money to go to games. People are allowed to have higher standards and demand more out of their teams. Doesn't matter if they never played a high level or not, that's just nonsense elitist bs talk. Teams being held accountable by their fanbase is never a bad thing. It means the fans care and want the product to be better.

Though it seems like some have taken to Casey's advice before he even gave it...

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I see nothing wrong with chanting for the firing of a coach if the team is that disappointing. But isn't this really on Lou? He had a short window where the team looked like a contender. Then they stood pat while everyone else got younger, faster, and better. He let the coach who made it all work go and this is what you have, and old, slow, expensive roster. That's really not on the coach if you ask me.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
simpsons-daryl-strawberry.gif

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
And for you posters who are calling them "soft" etc.... Youre just as pathetic, as you would probably be balling your eyes out and quit on the spot out of embarrassment if you were in their place.

What a load of shit. The vast majority of everyone on this forum would love to still get paid even if they absolutely suck at their job or get fired from their job like everyone in the NHL does.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
. When you see the way Devils fans treated Lindy at first, how Canucks fans treated Boudreau, and now Ottawa and NYI fans are behaving, I don't blame players for telling them to shut up.

Lindy was here for two full seasons, missed the playoffs both times and the team played some absolutely horrid hockey and they started his 3rd season out getting blown out in Philly to open the season and then getting blown out in the home opener. Those boos and chants were 100% deserved.

The difference is Lindy handled it the correct way and said the fans have every right to boo because they expect a winning product and none of the players whined about it either.

Reactions: The Electrician

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
I guess he never heard the phrase The customer is always right.
A more diplomatic answer would have been something like : "We, as players, feel responsible for this and we have to find ways to improve."

But I like when players go off script and just speak their minds personally.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
What’s with all this high-horse nonsense?

This is a performance oriented, results based industry. This is why they get paid. If you can’t handle criticism from the fans gtfo.

“Go on the radio” - are you for real? These fans just dropped $100’s for 2.5 hours of pure disappointment. You have no right to tell anyone how to act. Neither does Cizikas. What a joke of a comment and stance on this.
I have no right to tell anyone how to act..... hahahahha. So youre also ok with fans chucking garbage on the ice if theres was a bad call too, I take it? Youre one of those. What a great role model you must be.

Yeah cus you think it would just be "A CUSTOMER'S RIGHT" to just show up at someone's workplace and start yelling at ONE of the employees because they arent pleased with the company's product. Oh what a great society you believe you live in.

Fact of the matter is, YOU and all these pathetic fans who chant "FIRE (said coach)" wouldnt have the BALLS to do so if they were alone face to face with them. Just a bunch of drunken idiotic fans riding the wave.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I have no right to tell anyone how to act..... hahahahha. So youre also ok with fans chucking garbage on the ice if theres was a bad call too, I take it? Youre one of those. What a great role model you must be.

Yeah cus you think it would just be "A CUSTOMER'S RIGHT" to just show up at someone's workplace and start yelling at ONE of the employees because they arent pleased with the company's product. Oh what a great society you believe you live in.

Fact of the matter is, YOU and all these pathetic fans who chant "FIRE (said coach)" wouldnt have the BALLS to do so if they were alone face to face with them. Just a bunch of drunken idiotic fans riding the wave.

showing up and booing the Coach is no different than showing up and booing a standup comedian or whatever

don't like it? get out of the entertainment business

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
What a load of shit. The vast majority of everyone on this forum would love to still get paid even if they absolutely suck at their job or get fired from their job like everyone in the NHL does.
yeah, easy to say on a message board.... Now back to reality.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
yeah, easy to say on a message board.... Now back to reality.

Yes all of us would quit right on the spot because of some booing instead of collecting our hundreds of thousands dollars or millions and millions of dollars because some mean words hurt our feelings..... You're the one completely out of touch with reality lmfao

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Even though the Islanders aren't as popular as the Rangers, still a demanding franchise.

Fans of teams where no one else seems to care about hockey are loving this as more good players will want to flock there.

If the coaches are being booed and the crowd is chanting for their dismissal imagine what will happen to the players paid big bucks who now don't care.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
Yes all of us would quit right on the spot because of some booing instead of collecting our hundreds of thousands dollars or millions and millions of dollars because some mean words hurt our feelings..... You're the one completely out of touch with reality lmfao

If I spend over $100 on a ticket, you bet your ass I'll boo to my heart's content. Anybody with a lick of sense would do the same.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
showing up and booing the Coach is no different than showing up and booing a standup comedian or whatever

don't like it? get out of the entertainment business
Again, BOOing a collective team is one thing (ie. the quality of product as a whole). To acutally single out one guy by CHANTING for them to get fired, when they are just PART of them problem is just stupid and classless.

MAYBE, just MAYBE the Isles are just not a good team. Apart from when Trotz was the coach, when were they actually good? Maybe LOU is the acutal REASON for their demise here.... Constantly trying to patch the team year after year with mediocre players, and always have a very poor prospect pool.

Oh but lets blame this new coach for everything.... How many other coaches in his place would acutally make this team a contender or even just a playoff team. Not many.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad