Casey Cizikas: "If they want to be like that, they can stay home".

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
I guarantee players werent going into their coach's office and chanting for him to get fired.

There are better and frankly more MATURE ways of showing your displeasure towards a team's performance.
They were not chanting but if you don't think players have never knocked on the doors of upper management to talk about their grievances with the coach, then i have a bridge to sell you.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
They were not chanting but if you don't think players have never knocked on the doors of upper management to talk about their grievances with the coach, then i have a bridge to sell you.

Exactly.

Just look at Edmonton. They hired McDavid's coach from junior hockey. If this doesn't scream player involvement, well...

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Exactly.

Just look at Edmonton. They hired McDavid's coach from junior hockey. If this doesn't scream player involvement, well...
McDavid is honestly partially responsible for the mess they are in. The organization does everything it can to placate him at every turn. Everyone calls out Darnell Nurse and his gigantic contract but they basically had no choice but to sign him since he is McDavid's buddy.

Reactions: MCR74

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
McDavid is honestly partially responsible for the mess they are in. The organization does everything it can to placate him at every turn. Everyone calls out Darnell Nurse and his gigantic contract but they basically had no choice but to sign him since he is McDavid's buddy.

I wish I had those kinds of buddies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Oh here we go again with a bunch of ignorant posters.

If fans venting their frustrations is fine, then why can’t the players do it too?

“Oh because the fans pay their salary!!!” It does not matter. Players sharing their honest opinions is allowed and should be encouraged actually.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
Hockey players have to be the most out of touch north american athletes ever lol

Do they not understand who pays their salary lol.
The vast majority of sports fans are snowflakes!!! They all get their collective panties in a bunch and feel offended just because players have the courage to speak up and defend their coach and teammates!! Players are human beings they are not fans properties they can say what ever they want!!! I wish more players would speak their minds like Tkachuk and Cizikas

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Another player crying over fans cheering for the coach to be fired.

Bad look for Cizikas.

There may be a reason for the coach's / team's struggles that fans are not aware of, and Cizikas is welcome to explain that reason to fans if he wants them to be more rational.

But asking the fans who pay his and his coach's salary to "stay home" is just idiotic. Take your lumps, or play better.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
These fans don't have a lick of sense... why would you think replacing the coach of this roster is going to be a difference maker?

If they chanted fire Lou, people would be agreeing with them
Because a better coach took pretty much this same roster to back to back ECFs? Just thinking out loud though

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Because a better coach took pretty much this same roster to back to back ECFs? Just thinking out loud though
That everyone tried to tell islander fans was a rare fluke, not a consistent path to success, and not going to work out going forward... yeah I guess instead of learn, it's Blame the coach like there's just another Trotz out there not being hired.

pockets321

May 4, 2022
So weird how some people here think booing your own team is some king of terrible thing, like are you guys new to sports or something? this isn't just a hockey thing, booing a team you cheer for when they suck has always been a thing and it's not going to stop anytime soon. Maybe stop getting so sensitive.

Reactions: LeafGrief

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad