Value of: Carter Hart to Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I wouldn't trade him. He could still have another good 10-12 years left. Even if they rebuild, finding a reliable goalie is not always easy especially a guy with good number 1 potential. Just keep him and not have to worry about goaltending, fix the other areas of the team. You trade him and it just gives you another piece you need to use assets to go out and find again.
Well said, like I stated before it's taken the Flyers to draft a good goalie since Pelle Lindbergh and just because they're going to be in a rebuild according to Briere that they might trade him. He could be part of the rebuild, the only way you would trade him is if he said that he won't resign after his final RFA year.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Caved? What do you mean by that?

Savard has been very consistent for the Habs. He plays his role very well.
He’s consistently giving up high danger chances , consistently getting out possesed ( badly ) and creating next to zero offense from his own end . That’s what I mean by getting caved in . The eye test confirms what the analytics /results are indicating . He’s a bottom pair guy at best these days . Only on a team like the Habs would he be relied upon for significant minutes . This clear enough for you ?

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He’s consistently giving up high danger chances , consistently getting out possesed ( badly ) and creating next to zero offense from his own end . That’s what I mean by getting caved in . The eye test confirms what the analytics /results are indicating . He’s a bottom pair guy at best these days . Only on a team like the Habs would he be relied upon for significant minutes . This clear enough for you ?

Nah... You're on a rampage to devalue. Savard plays the position very well. He's in the mix of a bunch of rookies and he's performing better with that circumstance than Eddy has. Habs fans know what we have and most of us would admit that Savard has more value than Eddy based on what we have seen this year.

On a contender, he plays less minutes yes. Duh

• Haha
Reactions: Bluenotes27

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
They were talking about Hart being dealt last night on TV in the intermission of Oilers/Leafs game... The idea is being thrown around cause Philly will be apparently doing a rebuild and they suggested why have Hart in his prime during a rebuild.... Plus they also said Ersson is good enough to be the main man in Philly

Wait,
So a 24 year old goalie is too old for a rebuild?

• Haha
Reactions: Flyer lurker

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I think Montreal is way ahead. Especially if we get Dubois. Our Dcore is beyond set for the next 15 years. Our forward corps is pretty good now when healthy. Then we should add Dubois and a good pick this year. Only a matter of time before we're good. We just need a 3c if Monahan can't come back and a goalie.

Caufield Suzuki Slakovsky
Farell Dach Gurianov/Heineman/Dvorak
RHP Monahan Anderson
Belzile Evans Ylonen
Roy, Beck, Mesar on the way

Guhle Savard (stop gap for Mailloux)
Matheson Barron
Xhekaj Edmundson (stop gap for Hutson)
Harris, Kovacevic
Engstrom, Struble, Trudeau, Fairbrother on the way

Montembault
Allen
While I think it's great to be a positive guy towards your team this is a little to much.

That first line is not a 1st line on a playoff team.
Suzuki looks to be a 60 point guy, Slaf is a complete unknown who did not look very promising and Cole is the the kind of player that will be a threat on the pp but he has a lot of warts imo.
That 2nd line is gross, I won't comment on the bottom six because I know nothing of them.
None of the prospects coming up are likely going to be stars.
But the biggest issue is on D and in net, that D is gross and while Guhle is a nice piece, in order too be a true #1 D, you need to be a very elite either offensively or defensively and maybe he turns in to one but a true #1 like a true 1C are rare.

The rest of those D that are on the team now are average at best and saying you're set based on players that have never played pro is not how things work.
I've seen habs fans comparing Hutson to Quinn which is ironic considering how much you guys shit on him but there's a reason one goes top2 in a redraft who is a ppg and +13 playing 28 mins a night and the other went in the 2nd round. Even if they are the same height, ( I don't think they are) Quinn has 30 pounds on him and was around 170-75 in college. Lane will never hit 180 and if he's 5'9 160 he's gonna be hard pressed to be able to be a top 4 guy and will be a complete liability on D.
Before even snifing success the team needs a confirmed 1C, 1,d 1G and time to reach their prime.
I'm rooting for Montreal but realistically this is year 2 of the rebuild and they usually take 5+ years before seeing the fruits of labour and then several more of learning how to win .
Just look at the average age of cup teams, 28-30.
As of right now you have Suzuki as the only player who you know roughly who he is and that's a 2C. Everyone else has proved nothing and the most important pieces haven't even been drafted yet.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
While I think it's great to be a positive guy towards your team this is a little to much.

That first line is not a 1st line on a playoff team.
Suzuki looks to be a 60 point guy, Slaf is a complete unknown who did not look very promising and Cole is the the kind of player that will be a threat on the pp but he has a lot of warts imo.
That 2nd line is gross, I won't comment on the bottom six because I know nothing of them.
None of the prospects coming up are likely going to be stars.
But the biggest issue is on D and in net, that D is gross and while Guhle is a nice piece, in order too be a true #1 D, you need to be a very elite either offensively or defensively and maybe he turns in to one but a true #1 like a true 1C are rare.

The rest of those D that are on the team now are average at best and saying you're set based on players that have never played pro is not how things work.
I've seen habs fans comparing Hutson to Quinn which is ironic considering how much you guys shit on him but there's a reason one goes top2 in a redraft who is a ppg and +13 playing 28 mins a night and the other went in the 2nd round. Even if they are the same height, ( I don't think they are) Quinn has 30 pounds on him and was around 170-75 in college. Lane will never hit 180 and if he's 5'9 160 he's gonna be hard pressed to be able to be a top 4 guy and will be a complete liability on D.
Before even snifing success the team needs a confirmed 1C, 1,d 1G and time to reach their prime.
I'm rooting for Montreal but realistically this is year 2 of the rebuild and they usually take 5+ years before seeing the fruits of labour and then several more of learning how to win .
Just look at the average age of cup teams, 28-30.
As of right now you have Suzuki as the only player who you know roughly who he is and that's a 2C. Everyone else has proved nothing and the most important pieces haven't even been drafted yet.
The discussion wasn't about whether we'll be a playoff team, just a bubble team like Detroit, Buffalo, and Ottawa next year if we get Dubois.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Wait,
So a 24 year old goalie is too old for a rebuild?
Hey don't shoot the messenger!!lol

But I guess when u look at it, he will be 25 when next season starts and if Philly is totally rebuilding, then Hart is probably 30ish + when Phillys rebuild could possibly be ready to roll.... Plus maybe they won't wanna pay him a CRAP LOAD of money during that time of Philly potentially struggling hard.

Makes sense to me to atleast consider looking at options to move him.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Hey don't shoot the messenger!!lol

But I guess when u look at it, he will be 25 when next season starts and if Philly is totally rebuilding, then Hart is probably 30ish + when Phillys rebuild could possibly be ready to roll.... Plus maybe they won't wanna pay him a CRAP LOAD of money during that time of Philly potentially struggling hard.

Makes sense to me to atleast consider looking at options to move him.
Goalies are in their prime at age 30.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Goalies are in their prime at age 30.
All depends I guess what Philly could get in return for Hart and if they are in fact extremely high on Ersson to be their #1 guy.. cause then Philly gets a massive rebuild return for Hart and have Ersson signed for alot cheaper than they will have to sign Hart for.

Will be very interesting to see what Philly does

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
All depends I guess what Philly could get in return for Hart and if they are in fact extremely high on Ersson to be their #1 guy.. cause then Philly gets a massive rebuild return for Hart and have Ersson signed for alot cheaper than they will have to sign Hart for.

Hart and Errson are like a poor man's Price and Halak. I don't think Flyers fans should be putting stock into Errson based on 10 NHL games. That's crazy talk.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Hart and Errson are like a poor man's Price and Halak. I don't think Flyers fans should be putting stock into Errson based on 10 NHL games. That's crazy talk.
Ya who really knows. It's what they were talking about last week in an intermission and also I remember Torts ranting and raving about the guy too about him becoming a stud down the road.

Some tough decisions upcoming in Philly

10YearsAfter

Feb 11, 2014
Connecticut

Montreal is not really the kind of team Philly should engage with concerning Hart IMO. LA, OTT, BUF are more logical suitors who are closer and all desperately need a long term answer in goal.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
As a Habs fan, I’d love to get Hart. I believe he will be a legit#1 Star Goalie. Here is what I would offer.

Habs 2024 1st Unprotected+ Hoffman (cap dump)+Allen for Hart and Provov.

Hart could be Price’s replacement and our goalie for the next decade.
So wait!

Let me get this straight.....!

You believe Carter Hart to be a LEGIT #1 NHL star goalie.

.......and your trade offer is less than what Tampa paid for 3rd liner Tanner Jeannot??

.......Not only that, that trade offer was for both Carter Hart AND top 4 dman Ivan Provorov.....???

:huh:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
So wait!

Let me get this straight.....!

You believe Carter Hart to be a LEGIT #1 NHL star goalie.

.......and your trade offer is less than what Tampa paid for 3rd liner Tanner Jeannot??

.......Not only that, that trade offer was for both Carter Hart AND top 4 dman Ivan Provorov.....???

:huh:
He asked for Provov, not Provorov!

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
An unprotected 2024 1st from a team like the Habs is worth multiple late 1sts imo.

Hard to imagine getting a better pick anywhere else. I doubt the Habs would even do that tbh.
Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread, but a likely benchmark for a trendy trade could be Schneider to Devils for 9th overall. If flyers are serious about rebuilding I think they start clearing house.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread, but a likely benchmark for a trendy trade could be Schneider to Devils for 9th overall. If flyers are serious about rebuilding I think they start clearing house.
I mentioned it, as well. I think it was considered an overpay by NJ. But it's the best ballpark trade we have to compare to.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Schneider was a promising backup hart is a playoff proven starter.

To buffalo
Carter Hart
To Philly
Savoie 1st 24

Reactions: 10YearsAfter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad