Value of: Carter Hart to Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
I would trade Carter Hart for Montreal's 1st this year. Not sure they'd agree to that though.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

And therein lies the problem...Hart will likely be far more valuable to the Flyers than what can be acquired for him in a trade. So, not sure there's an upside for the Flyers.
There lies no problem. Flyers can Keep him.

It's unfortunate the Habs prospect pool is throughly underwhelming.

Probably something like Hutson, Farrell, 2024 1st unprotected.

I'm not here to debate how good Hart is or isn't. It's clear and obvious to anyone that has non-smooth brain. If the offer you give doesn't pain you to lose then we're keeping him. That simple.
If that first line isn't a troll post then i don't know what is.

Last edited:
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
You can disagree all you want . It’s not up for debate . The results are the results …and they are not positive.

It is up for debate. The arguments being made just aren't good ones, just reiterating a position.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Again you can argue with me but you can’t with the numbers /results . Anyway I’ll step away as this thread is about Hart .

The discussion is about whether the Habs will be a bubble team next year. What results do you have about that? Do you have a time machine (joke)? What results do you have saying Savard is bad this year?

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
I'd definitely be interested in Hart as a Hab fan, but I am guessing the asking price would be pretty high.

I have only seen a few Flyer games this year and he looked solid, his stats aren't great but it doesn't help when you play behind Ristolainen and Tony Deangelo.

Hart's situation is like trying to operate a Michelin Star restaurant but your supplier keeps delivering a dumper truck of human excrement to your door. You can dress it up to the best of your ability, but you've still got human shit in front of you.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
He's really the only guy I wouldn't trade. I mean it only took Philly 4 decades to find a goalie, why trade him?
what I was thinking, I mean his career numbers are not amazing but the dude has been stuck on a bad Flyers team the last 3 years. He is 24 and the Flyers are rebuilding not? Why trade him.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Because they have another goalie who is outplaying Hart
It'll come down to Philadelphia choosing which goalie to build around.... and then getting what they can for the other guy. If they see Hart as a Price reincarnation, they'll just keep him. If they're unsure, he'll be moved, but the value will take that uncertainty into account.

Goalies traditionally fetch surprisingly little on the trade market, so that has to be kept in mind.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020

I'm not here to debate how good Hart is or isn't. It's clear and obvious to anyone that has non-smooth brain. If the offer you give doesn't pain you to lose then we're keeping him. That simple.
Hutson and Farrell plus Dobes are nominees for the Hobey Baker award

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Hutson and Farrell plus Dobes are nominees for the Hobey Baker award
The guy is asking for an unprotected 1st from a terrible, rebuilding team, as well as two top-50 prospects (based on the Athletic's rankings). It shouldn't be considered a serious asking price.

That's the asking price when you have no plan on moving someone but figure "hey, maybe the other guy is a fool, might as well ask for the moon".

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

The Habs prospect pool is not underwhelming. Very far from it and yes, we know, not all of them will turn into who we think they will. But there is a lots of development production from several of them and lots of them are well north of pt/game in whatever league they play.

Do we have loads of grade A sure shot guys? NO, but who does? The Habs have done very well in recent years with our high draft power.

Hutson, Farrell, and a unprotected 1st? Sorry but no team offers pieces like that. I really don't think you know our pool that well.

I'm out on a potential Hart trade. I think he still has some potential but I'm not desperate to trade for a goalie at this point in time. Rather focus on other parts we are after and find the goalie later. Who knows how good Dobes is. Goalies are so hard to evaluate. Even Hart.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
The guy is asking for an unprotected 1st from a terrible, rebuilding team, as well as two top-50 prospects (based on the Athletic's rankings). It shouldn't be considered a serious asking price.

That's the asking price when you have no plan on moving someone but figure "hey, maybe the other guy is a fool, might as well ask for the moon".
Also said that the Habs prospect pool is underwhelming but names 2 hobey finalists :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: pth2

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think the Habs are content with what they have in net during this transition period.

I think goaltending is something they look at more closely when the rest of their team has a solid foundation in place.

So I don't see the Habs making a high commitment type of move like carter hart at this time.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Habs and leafs fans are two sides of the same coin.

Sure Kerfoot and a 2nd for Hart let's do it.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
U24 goalies sorted by GP. Bunch of scrubs, obviously. No franchise goalies here, nope. In fact, Hart is only doing better than that scrub Vasilevsky at the same points in their careers. What a bum.

1678808476225.png

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Habs and leafs fans are two sides of the same coin.

Sure Kerfoot and a 2nd for Hart let's do it.
You think you're being funny, but I think Kerfoot and a 2nd is actually closer to his trade value than your ask.

Like I said elsewhere, it comes down to the Flyers deciding who they want to build around. If as an organization they decide to move on from Hart, they'll go for whatever is available on the market.

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
The question, of course, becomes "how long will it take to rebuild"? If you have reason to believe the rebuild times out with Hart still being that #1 guy, then yeah, you keep him. If it's going to take longer than that (it shouldn't, at his age), or if he signals clearly enough that he's not willing to stick with the team past his RFA years (this is the one to worry about), then you have to consider other options, bearing in mind that we can at least have some hope in Ersson, who is a touch younger than Hart and under team control for substantially longer.
True enough but Ersson has only played 10 games which is a small sample to think he could be a number one going forward. Hart is signed for one more year then he's a RFA, at that time you can offer him a long term deal but if he doesn't sign then you trade him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad