Value of: Carter Hart to Habs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Nah... You're on a rampage to devalue. Savard plays the position very well. He's in the mix of a bunch of rookies and he's performing better with that circumstance than Eddy has. Habs fans know what we have and most of us would admit that Savard has more value than Eddy based on what we have seen this year.

On a contender, he plays less minutes yes. Duh
Rampage ? What are you on about ? Savard is cooked . Him being better than “ eddy “ doesn’t make him effective in any realm. They both smell . Both watching the player and examining the statistics lead to this very obvious conclusion . You can argue against me but the numbers don’t lie, and are telling .

Evergreen

Yeah if they are going to move him so that he doesn't have to go through a rebuild then I doubt he'd want to go to Montreal. It's more or less the same situation, although Montreal is a bit ahead in their rebuild.
The Canadiens are years ahead of the Flyers in terms of rebuilding. They've already drafted and/or developed top picks like Caufield, Suzuki, Hutson, and Slafkovsky. The Flyers haven't even gotten to the stage of acquiring picks because until this past week they were stubbornly trying to remain competitive.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Rampage ? What are you on about ? Savard is cooked . Him being better than “ eddy “ doesn’t make him effective in any realm. They both smell . Both watching the player and examining the statistics lead to this very obvious conclusion . You can argue against me but the numbers don’t lie, and are telling .

If you've been watching Savard at all this year and have come to the conclusion he's been at all disappointing, then you could really use these.

4-reasons-why-you-should-settle-for-cheap-eyeglasses.jpg

You clearly need them.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Savard has been great for us this year surprised me alot to be honnest and dont put too much attention into numbers when your looking at one of the worst teams in the league half our team should be in the AHL

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
The Canadiens are years ahead of the Flyers in terms of rebuilding. They've already drafted and/or developed top picks like Caufield, Suzuki, Hutson, and Slafkovsky. The Flyers haven't even gotten to the stage of acquiring picks because until this past week they were stubbornly trying to remain competitive.
Yeah if you read one of my subsequent posts you’ll see that I agreed that Montreal was ahead but still not a short term playoff team, and so it may not satisfy Hart potentially wanting to go to a playoff team vs rebuilding team.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Savard is cooked? That's inaccurate so that's your rampage to devalue. Savard has been very good for us this year in the role he plays.

You keep looking at the numbers. All that means is you can't comprehend it well and apply eye test and context of Savard playing with a rookie group.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
Savard is cooked? That's inaccurate so that's your rampage to devalue. Savard has been very good for us this year in the role he plays.

You keep looking at the numbers. All that means is you can't comprehend it well and apply eye test and context of Savard playing with a rookie group.
I can't take anything you say seriously - prob the most biased Habs fan on the site.
That being said, Savard has been ok.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
They were talking about Hart being dealt last night on TV in the intermission of Oilers/Leafs game... The idea is being thrown around cause Philly will be apparently doing a rebuild and they suggested why have Hart in his prime during a rebuild.... Plus they also said Ersson is good enough to be the main man in Philly
Hart is 24. His prime is for at least another 6 -7 years. So that chat is comedy.

Now what Briere said is no one is untouchable, Which on a team that needs a total overhaul of course he is not untouchable.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
fla 1st, 4th, hudson.
Absolutely not.

Hudson is as untouchable as it gets.

Hart hasn't done anything at the NHL level. He ain't worth a top 15pick + the best D prospect in the NHL.

Habs offer their 1st in 2026 and some B pieces. We do not need a goalie until summer 2024 when we woll be ready isj to compete!

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Absolutely not.

Hart hasn't done anything at the NHL level. He ain't worth a top 15pick + the best D prospect in the NHL.

Habs offer their 1st in 2026 and some B pieces. We do not need a goalie until summer 2024 when we woll be ready isj to compete!
better than nemec. hughes, edvinson. thats something else.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Absolutely not.

Best D prospect in the NHL lol

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Schneider was a promising backup hart is a playoff proven starter.

To buffalo
Carter Hart
To Philly
Savoie 1st 24

Lol ok guy , Savard is great . Enjoy . Your eye test is clearly failing if you think he’s been a positive asset. Have you seen his fancy stats this year ( and last ) ? They stink my man . No way around it. At some point you’ll need to acknowledge your bias. Anyway I’m done . I’ve tried to leave this thread a few times to get it back on track .

Last edited:

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
This sentence alone is insane. What exactly do you expect him to have done with this team in front of him? Rasmus Ristolainen is one of the *better* defensemen on the team, absorb that fact.
HaSn'T dOnE aNyThInG

Meanwhile U24 goalie starts

1678900586345.png

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Savard has been great for us this year surprised me alot to be honnest and dont put too much attention into numbers when your looking at one of the worst teams in the league half our team should be in the AHL
But you’re not seeing the other side of the coin . Can’t you put it together that the Habs are so bad in part because they have guys past it like Savard in key roles ? Great ?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Lol ok guy , Savard is great . Enjoy . Your eye test is clearly failing if you think he’s been a positive asset. Have you seen his fancy stats this year ( and last ) ? They stink my man . No way around it. At some point you’ll need to acknowledge your bias. Anyway I’m done . I’ve tried to leave this thread a few times to get it back on track .

Why are you obsessed with devaluing Savard in the Hart trade?

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
This sentence alone is insane. What exactly do you expect him to have done with this team in front of him? Rasmus Ristolainen is one of the *better* defensemen on the team, absorb that fact.
Flyers weren't terrible 2-3 years ago. What did he do then??

Fact is. flyers fans value him at a top15 pick when the ONLY goalie traded for a top10 pick in the last 10 years was in a weak draft after a vezina-esque season.

It's not going to happen, goalies aren't worth that much, and worst case scenario we will just wait til another goalie like Saaros hits UFA or when Askarov decides he has been a back up long enough so we can snag him for late 1st / early 2nd like Vanecek

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Flyers weren't terrible 2-3 years ago. What did he do then??

...go 40-26-4 with a .915 at ages 20 and 21?

But that's longer than 2-3 years ago, because I don't think you're remembering correctly: the Flyers have been terrible for almost his entire career. He's only in his fifth season and they've finished 22nd, 8th, 19th, and 29th...and they'll be somewhere between 25th and 30th this year.

Last edited:

Evergreen

Yeah if you read one of my subsequent posts you’ll see that I agreed that Montreal was ahead but still not a short term playoff team, and so it may not satisfy Hart potentially wanting to go to a playoff team vs rebuilding team.
Hart has no trade protection and if I decided trading Hart was in our best interest, then frankly I wouldn't hesitate to trade him to whichever team would pay the most.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad