Confirmed with Link: Carter Hart Officially Charged With One Count Of Sexual Assault (Per His Lawyers); Non-roster, salary cap info in OP

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
"Oh that's right, we can't form an opinion on something unless we have all the info and a conviction. I forgot about that. I wonder if you'd be saying this if it was your wife/sister/mother/girlfriend who was the one involved?"

Knowing someone personally =/= reading accusations online. And I was falsely accused by someone who was someone's daughter and girlfriend. In fact, she went along with the whole thing because someone in the college administration encouraged her to do so. Fortunately, after I spoke with the RA and told him that I didn't even kiss this girl, it went away.

"Just curious to you and any of the other 'we'll let's wait and see!' folks out there: what do you think the endgame is here for the girl if you don't believe her? You think she's having fun? Trying to make money? Protect her reputation?"

Happened to me.

"What's the point behind all this? What would make you be able to form an opinion? Only with a conviction? Signed confession?"

Much more evidence.

"And please don't say 'I didn't say I don't believe her!' because saying you need more information or want to see it pan out is the same thing as saying you don't believe her, even if you don't use the exact phrase 'I don't believe her,' the end result is the same."

Insane. Absurd. Evil.

"If I tell you I saw Bigfoot and you say you want to see the pictures before you form an opinion, that's because you don't believe me. If you tell a rape victim you want to see it play out in court before you form an opinion, that's because you don't believe them."

Being generally skeptical and wanting evidence is not the same as not believing someone.

"And that's fine if you don't believe them, you aren't required to, but don't pretend like saying you want to see it play out in court is some moral high ground that you are taking over those who have formed an opinion. You've formed an opinion too: you don't believe the victim."

Wrong, and that IS the moral high ground when compared to the immoral path you have chosen.

You REALLY need to take a hard look at yourself.
Listen, as I said before, it really sucks that this happened to you. But you need to understand that this is the exception not the rule. Even if your stats that you posted earlier are 100% accurate and it is 2-10 percent of all allegations are completely fabricated...that is still the vast vast vast minority. There is nothing immoral about looking at what information there is and making a determination and opinion. That's literally how we for opinions. Very rarely do you have all the information about any subject.

And "being skeptical" means you don't believe it. It's literally in the definition.

Screen Shot 2024-01-30 at 3.00.49 PM.png

If you don't believe them, that is fine. You don't have to and you have a very different background than most people do. You are under no obligation to believe anyone about anything and you may be 100% correct this person could have fabricated the whole thing. But looking at all the information we have and saying you can't form an opinion because you need to see it play out in court or whatever information you need to form an opinion isn't there, is forming an opinion: you don't believe the victim. That type of attitude is the exact reason these things are under reported and under prosecuted.

Last edited:

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY

Even TSN is specifically naming them.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Held out hope that maybe Hart was the person cooperating with the investigation. But there goes that.

Damn shame that the guy who was heralded as being such a stand up guy since the day he was drafted turned out to be this person

Yup a good realization and reminder that we don’t really know these people, sure I believe people I know around FTC/Voorhees when they have told me Hart is a nice guy and great with young players he meets, but you just never know what they do or are like away from rink. It sucks. Just terrible

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Yup a good realization and reminder that we don’t really know these people, sure I believe people I know around FTC/Voorhees when they have told me Hart is a nice guy and great with young players he meets, but you just never know what they do or are like away from rink. It sucks. Just terrible
I have a cousin who is a damn fine goalie. He's 8 years old. On the spectrum. Hart is his idol. I do not envy my cousin for having to explain this to her son. Absolutely awful

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Held out hope that maybe Hart was the person cooperating with the investigation. But there goes that.

Damn shame that the guy who was heralded as being such a stand up guy since the day he was drafted turned out to be this person
I don't think you can possibly judge whether an 18 year old will someday be charged with a sex offense based on anecdotes about their character and public interviews.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Even TSN is specifically naming them.
I think this gets made as public information in Canada anyways, so now that I guess they've all surrendered it's safe.

Reactions: BernieParent

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Part of me wonders if Dube potentially lied to them & they didn’t know the charges were about to drop?

It was a few days before Hart & then ultimately that following morning where charges were announced.
I just can't envision a world where these organization's didn't know. I mean I guess it's possible but I can't shake the feeling that everyone in the hockey world knew but they sat on it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I just can't envision a world where these organization's didn't know. I mean I guess it's possible but I can't shake the feeling that everyone in the hockey world knew but they sat on it.

I think they knew the players involved. I’m more so saying maybe they didn’t know right then charges were about to get released publicly & they had to take his claims at face value.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad