Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR/MTL] Habs accept Kotkaniemi offer sheet (1 year, $6.1M), 2022 1st, 2022 3rd [Part III]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Most importantly what is Montreal record here???
0 and
E2GMokMXMAIhGgh.jpg

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Already looking forward to when he breaks out, juicy tears. He was not a 3rd overall pick for nothing, look at Puljujarvi.

Reactions: Hamurai

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Looks to have been the worst signing value-wise in the recent history. 6+ million guy playing 4th-line minutes..

Aren’t you the guy who’s been saying we should trade Aho for years?

Yup, he said multiple times that the Canes should trade Aho for futures because the Canes weren't good enough to take advantage of Aho's talent near term. He was wrong then, and now he clearly has no clue as to the Canes perspective on Kotkaniemi. No Canes fan should take this guy seriously (imo, of course).

Last edited:

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Yup, he said multiple times that the Canes should trade Aho for futures because the Canes weren't good enough to take advantage of Aho's talent near term. He was wrong then, and now he clearly has no clue as to the Canes perspective on Kotkaniemi. No Canes fan should take this guy seriously (imo, of course).
What? Someone on HFB has a history of reactionary hot takes regarding moves the Carolina Hurricanes make? Why I never...

justHypnos

May 4, 2011
Montreal
Already looking forward to when he breaks out, juicy tears. He was not a 3rd overall pick for nothing, look at Puljujarvi.
Puljujarvi was 4th overall based on talent. KK was 3rd overall based on position. Whether he breaks out or not has nothing to do with his draft position.

And I'm not sure why Canes fans think that adding 0 points in 2 games, -1 would somehow have prevented the Habs 0-4 record. The guy scored 5 goals in 56 games last year, he is not the solution to our scoring problems.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

Pretty sure username translates to donkey.

Reactions: LakeLivin

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Man, that was such a ridiculously good trio. I don't know if I've ever seen a Hurricanes line globetrotter guys as consistently as they did. It's a shame Semin's wrist died.

Tlusty helped win my fantasy league that year. As absolute shitload of points for a guys who could be found on waivers, or never even drafted in most leagues at the time.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Puljujarvi was 4th overall based on talent. KK was 3rd overall based on position. Whether he breaks out or not has nothing to do with his draft position.

And I'm not sure why Canes fans think that adding 0 points in 2 games, -1 would somehow have prevented the Habs 0-4 record. The guy scored 5 goals in 56 games last year, he is not the solution to our scoring problems.
I agree with that sentiment.

I doubt KK produces at a level that would warrant his cap hit.

Time will tell what KK’s next contract will be. On one hand he can play hardball and push for his QO number and if he doesn’t get that from Carolina would be a ufa at 22. Or he takes a deal that is much more in line with his production this season. Which he was unlikely to do with Montreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad