Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR/MTL] Habs accept Kotkaniemi offer sheet (1 year, $6.1M), 2022 1st, 2022 3rd [Part III]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
giphy.webp

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
wouldn't be surprised if montreal avoids scoring so that KK cant get the game winner lol

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
As a Habs fan - the team falling apart is actually a good thing. I hope it just gets worse and worse until Bergevin is relieved.

I am happy for Jesperi - he is going to make more this year than he would have made in 2 or 3 in Montreal. He might not deserve it as a player, but as a human being how can you not be happy for a seemingly super nice kid.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Good for the kid, get his first goal and the monkey off his back…….funny of course it’s against the Habs.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
LOL! The loss of Weber, Price, Danault, Perry and Edmundson are way bigger reasons why Habs are facing this situation.
I’m sure the poster was being sarcastic.

but absolutely KK leaving via OS is like the 4/5th reason that the Habs are 0-5. Weber, Price and Danault are top 3.

you can see the impact Danault is having on Kopitar early on. Frees up Kopitar to be more offensive minded as at 34 he shouldn’t be doing the heavy lifting of being both a shutdown C and Offensive contributor like he was in his late 20’s.

Habs are in a much tougher conference. There are teams out west that will make the playoffs but wouldn’t sniff them if they were in the east. Just how it goes.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Back when the OS happened, I remember Habs fans guessing they’d get maybe the 18th pick and trade away maybe the ~16th pick.

going to be more like, they get to keep their 4th OA pick and trade away the ~25th OA pick.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Back when the OS happened, I remember Habs fans guessing they’d get maybe the 18th pick and trade away maybe the ~16th pick.

going to be more like, they get to keep their 4th OA pick and trade away the ~25th OA pick.
Carolina pick was more than likely to land in the 20’s. Tough division that they are in but should make the playoffs.
Habs, didn’t see them as a PO team. TB, Fla, Bos and Tor more than likely to be better than them. And Car, NYI, Pit, Was along with NYR and Phi battle it out in the metro so no 5th place spot for the Habs to gain the WC.

Based on the terms of the deal possible the worst case would be if they ended up just outside the top 10 of the draft order. But they probably end up in the top 10 thus give up the Carolina pick for Dvorak.

Too many losses in the off season for them to make up.

Last edited:

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
While I assume Habs fans are melting down on their forum over the loss and winless start, the team has had a LOT of turnover since last season losing some seriously impactful players and not really able to replace them.

They will settle down and get back on track soon, count on it. Unfortunately, in a really tough division a very bad start may already have put their playoff hopes at risk, but they should at least by competitive for a wildcard spot and I wouldn't bet the house against them getting one.

Reactions: frederixx

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
While I assume Habs fans are melting down on their forum over the loss and winless start, the team has had a LOT of turnover since last season losing some seriously impactful players and not really able to replace them.

They will settle down and get back on track soon, count on it. Unfortunately, in a really tough division a very bad start may already have put their playoff hopes at risk, but they should at least by competitive for a wildcard spot and I wouldn't bet the house against them getting one.

The biggest issue right now is their defense and they don't really have a solution for that. I assume Price will return at some point after the midpoint of the season but they still don't have anyone who can get the puck out of their zone other than Petry. Combine that with not having Price and they'll really struggle on the back end.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Carolina pick was more than likely to land in the 20’s. Tough division that they are in but should make the playoffs.
Habs, didn’t see them as a PO team. TB, Fla, Bos and Tor more than likely to be better than them. And Car, NYI, Pit, Was along with NYR and Phi battle it out in the metro so no 5th place spot for the Habs to gain the WC.

Based on the terms of the deal possible the worst case would be if they ended up just outside the top 10 of the draft order. But they probably end up in the top 10 thus give up the Carolina pick for Dvorak.

Too many losses in the off season for them to make up.
No Weber, no Danault. That’s too much bleed in terms of losing defensive aptitude.

Habs being so bad they end up with a top 7 or so pick is a worst case scenario. Means the likes of Anderson, Taffoli, Hoffman didn’t play well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad