Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR/MTL] Habs accept Kotkaniemi offer sheet (1 year, $6.1M), 2022 1st, 2022 3rd [Part III]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Nothing. Anything more and we couldn’t afford him. I’d pay $8 million for him based on what he’s doing. If he was scoring anymore he’d cost double.
Yes, $8 million sounds about right. At least as long he does all the little things well. After all, when it comes down to it, it really is the little things that count most.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yes, $8 million sounds about right. At least as long he does all the little things well. After all, when it comes down to it, it really is the little things that count most.

Hey, if I were the Habs I’d be happy if players were even doing the little things. Seems like most of the team doesn’t even have a pulse.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I always wondered about people that have 2 teams...and what's the story.

Geographic
Certain players
Etc etc
Been a Sharks fan basically since I can remember. My older brother was a fan and sharks seem badass to a young child. The Habs I adopted sometime in middle school/high school - I just really liked the team and started following them. In my case, I've never lived remotely close to SJ and closest I've ever lived to MTL was about 2 hours away.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

Geographic
Certain players
Etc etc
For me, I’m a primarily a Hurricanes fan because I was born and raised in North Carolina and a Flyers fan second because my mother is from and my parents met in Philly. I definitely follow the Canes more closely but I consider myself a fan of both teams.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
For me, I’m a primarily a Hurricanes fan because I was born and raised in North Carolina and a Flyers fan second because my mother is from and my parents met in Philly. I definitely follow the Canes more closely but I consider myself a fan of both teams.
Very similar to my story. Born and raised in Raleigh, but both of my parents are from Philly. Was raised a Flyers fan long before the Canes existed, but I've been following the Canes and going to games ever since their early days in Greensboro. At the end of the day, Canes fan first (because I'm a STM and would love to watch them win again in person) but definitely still pull for the Flyers on the side because that's my childhood team. (Though, in football I'm probably more of an Eagles fan than Panthers, cause Charlotte has never really felt like a hometown team).

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Very similar to my story. Born and raised in Raleigh, but both of my parents are from Philly. Was raised a Flyers fan long before the Canes existed, but I've been following the Canes and going to games ever since their early days in Greensboro. At the end of the day, Canes fan first (because I'm a STM and would love to watch them win again in person) but definitely still pull for the Flyers on the side because that's my childhood team. (Though, in football I'm probably more of an Eagles fan than Panthers, cause Charlotte has never really felt like a hometown team).

Born and raised in Toronto so obviously I have a deep hatred for all that is the Toronto Maple Leafs. First game I saw at Maple Leaf Gardens when I was a kid was against Hartford and the Whale won 3-1 so I always had a soft spot for them. When the Whalers moved to Carolina I was 12 and though to myself that I needed to pick a team. Seemed like a good fresh start and I liked the logo and Keith Primeau so went for the Canes. Also I'm a huge jerk so that worked out nicely.

I don't have a second NHL team that I follow like you all do, but I just wanted to mention that I hate the Leafs and everytime they crumble in hilarious and embarrassing fashion it gives me joy and new found energy to live life to the fullest.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Lurk Muller

Oct 11, 2018

Geographic
Certain players
Etc etc
I watched the Canes beat the Sens in a pre season game in Halifax in 97. They won so I adopted them as my favorite team to spite my older brother(sens fan).

I follow and reluctantly cheer for the leafs as a second team so I have something to talk to my dad about.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I watched the Canes beat the Sens in a pre season game in Halifax in 97. They won so I adopted them as my favorite team to spite my older brother(sens fan).

I follow and reluctantly cheer for the leafs as a second team so I have something to talk to my dad about.

You can just hate follow the Leafs. You don't have to cheer for them at all. It's way more fun that way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad