Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR/MTL] Habs accept Kotkaniemi offer sheet (1 year, $6.1M), 2022 1st, 2022 3rd [Part III]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Only a month to January when the extension can earliest be signed.

Only a month of having to explain to yet more incoming Habs fans how the $6m deal is only 1 year and a byproduct of the offer sheeting.

(Haha, just yanking y'all's chain. I actually like Habs, even in their current sorry state.)

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Karma.

Aho offersheet, KK blowback, the Mailloux thing, leaving Price unprotected, etc...

Respect for the Montreal Canadiens is at an all time low right now, and in my opinion it's with good reason.
Price was unprotected because he had surgery. But sure...keep it your way to suit the agenda

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Karma.

Aho offersheet, KK blowback, the Mailloux thing, leaving Price unprotected, etc...

Respect for the Montreal Canadiens is at an all time low right now, and in my opinion it's with good reason.

Respect is at an all time low because Geoff Molson has no clue.

The Molson's are awfull owners.

Back in the end of the 90s/beginning of the 2000, they did the exact same thing: letting a bad GM ripping a good team apart, then fans began to leave the building and they had to sell the team at a discount price (they had to sell 'cause their beer business was having backlash because of it).

Take away the sell at a discount price part, it's deja vu...

Suzuki on pace for a 41 point season playing 4 minutes extra a game. So if he can get 7.875 x 8 I think KK could make a decent argument for 6 x 8.

KK's playing with Aho and Teravainen, them drawing all the attention of opposing players. Playing on one of the top team is the NHL.

And he's not producing, even in these conditions.

Suzuki's playing on an awfull team where he's THE guy to watch...

But yeah, if you guys are ready to pay him that amount of money, go for it.

You won't stay at the top of the league way longer with that kind of fuc... up salary scale...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: amethyst

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
KK's playing with Aho and Teravainen, them drawing all the attention of opposing players. Playing on one of the top team is the NHL.

You won't stay at the top of the league way longer with that kind of fuc... up salary scale...
Kotkaniemi’s 5v5 ice time
All three: 34:31
JK with Aho, w/o Turbo: 19:58
JK with Turbo, w/o Aho: 1:46
JK without the other 2: 32:37

A. He has played 60% of his time with Aho and Turbo. So, its not all of his time
B. You are making assumptions on 87 minutes of hockey. 87! He hasn’t time to develop chemistry with anyone.

We’ll just ignore the rest of the silly rant.

Reactions: Heffyhoof and DaveG

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Kotkaniemi’s 5v5 ice time
All three: 34:31
JK with Aho, w/o Turbo: 19:58
JK with Turbo, w/o Aho: 1:46
JK without the other 2: 32:37

A. He has played 60% of his time with Aho and Turbo. So, its not all of his time
B. You are making assumptions on 87 minutes of hockey. 87! He hasn’t time to develop chemistry with anyone.

We’ll just ignore the rest of the silly rant.

And I would argue that saying he's not producing means that person is not watching the games just watching stats. He's doing a pretty solid job of possessing the puck, recovering the puck and being D responsible while being aggressive. Hes also been the 4th or 5th pass away from a goal so not on the score sheet but definitely being part of the reason the teams success.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
And I would argue that saying he's not producing means that person is not watching the games just watching stats. He's doing a pretty solid job of possessing the puck, recovering the puck and being D responsible while being aggressive. Hes also been the 4th or 5th pass away from a goal so not on the score sheet but definitely being part of the reason the teams success.

I don't think that literally any rational Canes fan who has been watching the games has any issue with KK's play. In addition to the things you've mentioned he's probably driven the net or been a net front presence on like 6 goals this year that almost certainly wouldn't have happened if he wasn't in the right place at the right time, doing the hard work to push back the defending player and/or screen the goalie. That doesn't show up on the scoresheet but has absolutely been crucial in the 8-0-0 start to the season.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I don't think that literally any rational Canes fan who has been watching the games has any issue with KK's play. In addition to the things you've mentioned he's probably driven the net or been a net front presence on like 6 goals this year that almost certainly wouldn't have happened if he wasn't in the right place at the right time, doing the hard work to push back the defending player and/or screen the goalie. That doesn't show up on the scoresheet but has absolutely been crucial in the 8-0-0 start to the season.

Yeah it wasn't one of us that made the comment that "he's not producing" just another bitter Les Hab.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.

According to NHL stats he's been on the ice for 4 Canes goals and 3 opponent's goals, so that is objectively not true. It's the worst ratio for any Canes forward.

Source: NHL Stats

Correction: Those are EV strength stats. He's been on the ice for 3 PP goals.

Although obviously with an 8-0 start I can't blame you guys for being pretty happy anyways. :thumbu:

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
Indeed this little dig by the Canes looks to have cost them money with little return. Kotka has been, as expected, a decent 3rd-liner, however with the salary of 6+ million instead of 2+. As the Canes can currently afford this cap-wise, more power to them, I guess.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
This thread is still going?
I haven't logged in 2 weeks amd thus is still relevant?

KK is on pace for a 27 point season.
Why is this thread still active?

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
This thread is still going?
I haven't logged in 2 weeks amd thus is still relevant?

KK is on pace for a 27 point season.
Why is this thread still active?
Because every day there is a different Habs fan coming in this thread an yelling “we’re over him, we never liked him, we are best and Canes are stupid, I wasn’t here for 2 weeks, why is this a thread at all?”

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Respect is at an all time low because Geoff Molson has no clue.

The Molson's are awfull owners.

Back in the end of the 90s/beginning of the 2000, they did the exact same thing: letting a bad GM ripping a good team apart, then fans began to leave the building and they had to sell the team at a discount price (they had to sell 'cause their beer business was having backlash because of it).

Take away the sell at a discount price part, it's deja vu...

Wait so the Molsons sold the team before then bought it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad