Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR/MTL] Habs accept Kotkaniemi offer sheet (1 year, $6.1M), 2022 1st, 2022 3rd [Part III]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
She took a ton of crap from Montreal fans after the Aho offer sheet. She said he used the offer sheet to get what wanted out of a contract. Montreal fans came from all over to say he really wanted to play for Montreal and get away from the cheap Canes owner / terrible franchise. So yea, stick it to Montreal on the regular.
Fans and reporters + team PR are two different things. I have no problem with a Canes fan saying that. If you can't see the continued lack of professionalism then I can't help.

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
She took a ton of crap from Montreal fans after the Aho offer sheet. She said he used the offer sheet to get what wanted out of a contract. Montreal fans came from all over to say he really wanted to play for Montreal and get away from the cheap Canes owner / terrible franchise. So yea, stick it to Montreal on the regular.
the difference is those are random posters on twitter,, she is supposed to be a proffesional of sorts...

Reactions: Gravity

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Fans and reporters + team PR are two different things. I have no problem with a Canes fan saying that. If you can't see the continued lack of professionalism then I can't help.
She isn’t employed by the Canes, just writes for them. What is funny is being okay with clowns but not clean retaliation to clowns.

Last edited:

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Considering the Habs went to the cup finals , something the McDavid era oilers have never even come close to doing.....you should choose words wisely
I don't have to do anything, thats beauty of not my tying my identity to a sports team. Also, the Oilers success or lack thereof have no bearing on my ability to speak about any topics I choose to speak about.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Sorta confused about why people are pretending he's been good or something. He's not been worth anywhere near his contract, and they gave up a first and a third to get him. What a fleecing.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Sorta confused about why people are pretending he's been good or something. He's not been worth anywhere near his contract, and they gave up a first and a third to get him. What a fleecing.

he was never going to be worth his contract, but 6M$ is really cheap for a publicity stunt and all the attention that the canes garnered. dundon won the spotlight war.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
he was never going to be worth his contract, but 6M$ is really cheap for a publicity stunt and all the attention that the canes garnered. dundon won the spotlight war.
the canes are 8-0. the only team with a perfect record.

if he helps them win, they won't complain too much about the contract number regardless of his point production.

Reactions: zeeto and DaveG

japhi

Jul 7, 2014

She covers the team and doesn’t know the difference between goals and points.

Or that a 32 point pace on a team as high powered as the Canes, playing with an 90 point C isn’t something to gloat about.

And yes the Habs are terrible. Not sure a 32 point winger would make the team much better.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
She covers the team and doesn’t know the difference between goals and points.

Or that a 32 point pace on a team as high powered as the Canes, playing with an 90 point C isn’t something to gloat about.

And yes the Habs are terrible. Not sure a 32 point winger would make the team much better.

I'm not a big fan of hers but to be fair she posted that when Kotkaniemi was initially credited with the game winning goal against Arizona -- he was in front of the net and there was uncertainty as to whether he got a piece of it. He didn't and it was rightfully awarded to Pesce but she was going off of the initial belief that it was Kotkaniemi's goal.

Reactions: DaveG

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
I'm not a big fan of hers but to be fair she posted that when Kotkaniemi was initially credited with the game winning goal against Arizona -- he was in front of the net and there was uncertainty as to whether he got a piece of it. He didn't and it was rightfully awarded to Pesce but she was going off of the initial belief that it was Kotkaniemi's goal.

So she jumped the gun, ok. Not a good look, she can do what she wants but feels a little clown car for a reporter to be engaged in this type of stuff.
I guess I don’t find it very clever and again, he is on a 32 point pace playing with 2 ppg guys.

Assuming she understands the game, would she consider that a good start, and a good ROI for 6mm plus 2 picks? Or is she just a marketing arm
/ mouthpiece for the org, which is the sense I get.

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005

Ouch

Even he had 3 goals, that would still be 3pts in 8gp playing with a bunch of PPG+ forwards.

I guess they could probably sign him for cheaper now though. As of now, he looks more like he could become a Lars Eller v2, which is a very good 3rd liner. Time will tell.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
So she jumped the gun, ok. Not a good look, she can do what she wants but feels a little clown car for a reporter to be engaged in this type of stuff.
I guess I don’t find it very clever and again, he is on a 32 point pace playing with 2 ppg guys.

Assuming she understands the game, would she consider that a good start, and a good ROI for 6mm plus 2 picks? Or is she just a marketing arm
/ mouthpiece for the org, which is the sense I get.

She's a reporter for the Athletic and has no association with the Canes at all. In fact she trashed the organization after they signed TDA. So no, she is not that. She very much has her own beliefs and has freely been making them known on social media and even in her articles. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of hers and there are plenty of other Canes fans who aren't either. Her style is what it is. I believe she has a good understanding of the game, just some over the top opinions at times, and does engage with fans on social media regarding all topics more than she should. Is what it is, if you don't like it then don't read her articles or follow what she posts.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Ouch

Even he had 3 goals, that would still be 3pts in 8gp playing with a bunch of PPG+ forwards.

I guess they could probably sign him for cheaper now though. As of now, he looks more like he could become a Lars Eller v2, which is a very good 3rd liner. Time will tell.
But I was told he could only score 5 goals if he had scored 3 in 1/10th the season he'd be up for a long dry spell. As it is he's at 40% of his "expected" goal scoring... :sarcasm:
In just 8 games. (and it would have been 4 points not 3) so .5 PPG pace.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
There's a lot of people in here doing their absolute best to show us that they definitely aren't still mad about this

You say this, yet the Canes twitter account and sarah civ is doing their best to make sure no one forgets about the offersheet :shrug: "Hey look at us, we still exist"

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
There's a lot of people in here doing their absolute best to show us that they definitely aren't still mad about this

I dunno, I strongly dislike the Habs and think this reporter looks silly. It’s far from clear that Montreal has anything to regret here.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I dunno, I strongly dislike the Habs and think this reporter looks silly. It’s far from clear that Montreal has anything to regret here.
I agree Montreal has nothing to regret from this.. Matching the offer as it was was an anchor they shouldn't afford.

The jerks can surely hold a grudge.
Yep... that's why we're jerks.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
It's an amazing deal for Carolina as long as they keep rolling, I think any pick above 15th oa makes it a good deal and the better they perform the deal will keep looking better

As a Montreal fan I'm not salty because despite our struggles Dvorak still brings about the same. The way Montreal can potentially benefit from this deal is if we fully tank and get to keep our top-5 overall pick.

At this point what's done is done and I'm not really worried about what Carolina is doing anymore - I was hoping Carolina would be bad this year but it looks like we'll definitely be keeping our first lmao

Reactions: Tryamw

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Not really understanding why Canes reporters are doing a victory lap over a guy who has 3 points in 8 games. He hasn't done anything yet to make Montreal regret their decision.

Agreed, and Habs have Caufield anyway and lots of other young guns to watch this year.

I don't think she's from here btw.

That aside, you've never heard of southern hospitality?

Last edited by a moderator:

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Habs journalists have been pretty brutal towards the Canes franchise historically.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad