Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Frederik Andersen signs with the Hurricanes (2 years, $4.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Why jettison Ned just to pay this much for Andersen?

He's a great goalie, don't let the ridiculous Toronto media fool you. He was never the peoblem in the playoffs. He's a good goalie, and great when healthy.

But paying more so he can replace Ned is just bad.

I agree that keeping Ned over signing Fred made more sense. But I completely disagree with that second line -- Freddy never lost games in the playoffs, per say, but he seldomly won/stole a playoff game. In fact, he let in team deflating goals (e.g. Krug muffin goal in the opening minute of the 2nd period in game 7, Jake Debrusk).

He was so good during his first three seasons but he really hasn't stole a game since the Fall of 2019. I hope he regroups in Carolina.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Great pickup if true. That team desperately needed goaltending and Andersen is elite (despite what the Toronto media say).Under $6m is a steal.

Andersen wasn't even elite with the Ducks.

At his best he wouldn't lose games when his team was playing well, but he was never able to turn a bad team effort into a win.

Reactions: HolyCrap

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
If it wasn't for his elite goaltending the Leafs would have been swept or close to it. The last time they played he was the 1st star in all 3 Leaf wins.

Andersen and 'elite' shouldn't ever be in the same sentence. That dude was OVERRATED AS HELL and it always made me laugh when Freddy making good, but nothing special saves was enough for people to say he played 'great'.

I've watched all the seasons he's been a Leaf and he's been mostly average to mediocre with only brief periods of very good play. Seriously if Andersen was a Bruin all these years I'm pretty sure you'd view him much differently than you currently do.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
They were impressed by his performance against the Zamboni driver, I guess.

Wow, Ned at 3 millions >>>>>> Andersen at 4.5 millions.

C'mon now.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
LOL they wouldn’t pay Ned 3M but are willing to pay a far worse goalie 4.5M?????

Idc what these taking heads say. Andersen is a bad goalie. He can’t stop anything high danger or on the PK. He’s going to sink Carolina.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Wow 4.5? Nice job Freddy and Claud

prove everyone wrong bud, Carolina is an elite defensive team.

ironic how this happened

TooManyHumans

May 4, 2018
Too much money but he is not a bad goalie. As someone else said he isn't likely to win games on his own but he also does not usually lose them on his own.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Wow 4.5? Nice job Freddy and Claud

prove everyone wrong bud, Carolina is an elite defensive team.

ironic how this happened

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
IDK - Carolina's issue for like 5 years has been "no real #1 to take over." There are some on the market right now.

Carolina somehow walks away with none.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Previous cases of players that don't sign with the team that drafts them, re-enter the draft, and then a few years later they sign with the original team anyway?

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Andersen definitely wouldn't have been my top choice - especially at that price point.

But I guess they're banking that a healthy Andersen can get back to his typically consistent .918 Sv% level. That's really all Carolina needs in goal.

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
He will probably play better after getting away from cancer nation (sorry good leaf fans). 2 mid seasons injuries last 2 seasons, if Canes can keep him healthy he will bounce back. 2 years makes sense for both parties, not a huge risk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad