Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Frederik Andersen signs with the Hurricanes (2 years, $4.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
He was good before 2019, since then he lost his lateral movement and looks like he forgot how to play goalie.

And he was struggling mightily in the north Division. If he gets north of 2 mill its a bad deal.

Yeah, his lateral movement looks very laboured, similar to Lehner after the weight gain. Could probably shed some pounds and recover to an extent.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Anderson will have a Renaissance like revival now that he’s out of the toxic pressure filled Leafs. Should be a great pick up for Carolina.

Anderson > Mrazek. No idea what the Leafs are doing.

Completely disagree. Mrazek does better with the high danger chances that both Toronto and surprisingly Carolina give up more than most teams. Mrazek will be an aggressive goalie to a fault. If he keeps that under control, he will be a great pickup for Toronto.

Given the choice of the two at the same salary, I take Mrazek easily. I don't think Andersen is much better than he's shown the past 2 seasons.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
He was a great goalie when he was good, and boy was he good at times. He saved our bacon during the reg season and the playoffs multiple times. But when he was off, he was somewhere in Jupiter's orbit, becoming a new moon.

Thank you Freddie for all your service.

Reactions: vpasla1 and TML1990

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Freddie will put up great numbers playing behind that Canes defense. Good signing and a big upgrade on Mrazek and Ned.

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
Have they not watched him play for the last 2 years? That's a lot of money for a guy that might not turn it around.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
In a perfect world Andersen signs with carolina, and eliminates toronto in the playoffs by a huge goalie performance.

Wouldn't doubt it. Leafs usually get torched by ex players and rookies.

Can you at least make the stipulation that Carolina doesn't win the division, that way it means Toronto made it out of the first round. :laugh:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
My condolences to Canes fans, unless Freddy can bounce back from his atrocious form the last couple of seasons.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
This is the steal of the offseason. Utter larceny. Great signing. What are the betting odds for him to win the Vezina? Because I'll lay down a bet and what I imagine will be very attractive odds.

I also expect this Car/Tor goalie switch to destroy goaltender analytics like GSaX

Reactions: NikoEhlers

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Great pickup if true. That team desperately needed goaltending and Andersen is elite (despite what the Toronto media say).Under $6m is a steal.

You're saying Andersen is 'elite' even though he choked bigtime in recent years in the playoffs going up against the Bruins? If it weren't for his lack of clutch goaltending and tendency to let in soft goals, the Leafs would've likely made it out of the first round at least once by now.

Reactions: Jozay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad