Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Frederik Andersen signs with the Hurricanes (2 years, $4.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If Andersen is elite, what are guys like Price? Generational?

Price is a mediocre, overpaid goalie who got hot for a couple rounds.

Elite means top-10 goalie in the world.

Vasy is generational.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
So Ned is gone and Mrazak is gone. Replaced with Bernier and Anderson?
Is this supposed to be an upgrade to help the team win a SC?

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Andersen was one of the worst goalies in the league last year lol.

Since coming to Toronto, he's also 4th in wins and 1oth out of 20 in SVP amongst goalies with more than 200 games played (and just .03 away from being tied for 3rd). His past two seasons have been worrisome, but he isn't old and has shown ability to carry a large load and provide above-average goaltending.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Andersen tried playing through an injury last year that kept him out indefinitely also. If he is healthy this season, he has a chance to knock it out of the park on a very good Carolina team. He is better than Reimer or Mrazak. Their numbers look good playing behind Carolina's defence. Andersen should follow that pattern. Good signing by Carolina.

Reactions: Daeavorn

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Since coming to Toronto, he's also 4th in wins and 1oth out of 20 in SVP amongst goalies with more than 200 games played (and just .03 away from being tied for 3rd). His past two seasons have been worrisome, but he isn't old and has shown ability to carry a large load and provide above-average goaltending.

for me the issue is he carried such an absurd load for his first few Toronto years. He faced more shots by far than any goalie in that time. I think there's a real risk is body never recovers, like a running back that had too many carries for awhile.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
for me the issue is he carried such an absurd load for his first few Toronto years. He faced more shots by far than any goalie in that time. I think there's a real risk is body never recovers, like a running back that had too many carries for awhile.
Yeah I get that, but Carolina should have the flexibility to run with a tandem, as they've typically done, and I think Andersen is young enough that he can recover. My only concern, really, is how Andersen would handle a tandem. He has seemed at his best when playing a lot.... until he's not.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I guarantee you could find a dozen posts from the past where you're critical of Andersen.
Really I challenge you to find just one. Long said Andersen was a good Lou signing in Toronto. I also recall posting he was the first star in many playoff games for the Leafs when Leafs fans made him the scapegoat of the week for their playoff failures.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
I bet you the OP in the past has said that Andersen is extremely overrated.

Dude loves bringing up Toronto and the Leafs in a lot of his posts for no reason lol.

I've consistently been a huge fan of Andersen: Freddy Andersen vs. Tuukka Rask

Frederik Andersen front runner for the Vezina

I was writing that I wanted him on Boston: Player Discussion - Tuukka-non vs Anti Rasker: where do you stand?

So I'll take your bet. How about the loser deletes his account?: Here is every post I've ever made with 'Andersen' in it: Search Results | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League

200.gif

Face Of Bear

Jul 30, 2012
Andersen is a great goalie and will do well with CAR imo. Sad to see him leave the Leafs but we needed a cheaper option.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Great pickup if true. That team desperately needed goaltending and Andersen is elite (despite what the Toronto media say).Under $6m is a steal.
It’s no longer 2018, no he isn’t elite. He hasn’t even been replacement level the past few seasons.
At least his bad goals will now only be covered and scrutinized by a part time college intern & not the fishbowl that is Toronto.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Andersen is a great goalie and will do well with CAR imo. Sad to see him leave the Leafs but we needed a cheaper option.

Doubt Andersen costs much more than Mrazek. I'd guess $4-4.5 million.

Canes are cheap when it comes to goalies. Probably a 1-2 year parlay.

Reactions: DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad