Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Frederik Andersen signs with the Hurricanes (2 years, $4.5M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Why jettison Ned just to pay this much for Andersen?

He's a great goalie, don't let the ridiculous Toronto media fool you. He was never the peoblem in the playoffs. He's a good goalie, and great when healthy.

But paying more so he can replace Ned is just bad.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Carolina is the king of nailing minor decisions like trading back for good value in the 3rd round.

Unfortunately Carolina is also the king of botching crucial decisions like keeping a cohesive blue line or goalie tandem. Mind-boggling deal from my perspective.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
So Carolina didn't want to pay Ned, but just payed 6.5 mil in goaltending on Andersen and Raanta?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
You're saying Andersen is 'elite' even though he choked bigtime in recent years in the playoffs going up against the Bruins? If it weren't for his lack of clutch goaltending and tendency to let in soft goals, the Leafs would've likely made it out of the first round at least once by now.

If it wasn't for his elite goaltending the Leafs would have been swept or close to it. The last time they played he was the 1st star in all 3 Leaf wins.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
okay lets say the Kings Fixed him .. haha
You're not even making sense. You said that the offense hid Campbell's problems, which isn't even remotely true because he was top 10 in both GAA and SV%. What does that have to do with the Kings?

Reactions: TML1990

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Canes willing to downgrade their elite blueline to upgrade in net.

Hope they have a good replacement for Hamilton on D. He's going to be a huge loss.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
Freddie gets too much from some leaf fans, hes a really good goalie, it just time to move on (both ways)

tkb81

Mar 15, 2009
You're not even making sense. You said that the offense hid Campbell's problems, which isn't even remotely true because he was top 10 in both GAA and SV%. What does that have to do with the Kings?
I like to mess with TO fans thats all yo ... my kings reference was in regards to the turnaround that happened with his career once he got into a good goalie system with proper coaches

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
If this is true I would be angry as a Carolina fan.

You aren't winning anything with him in goal.

Gotta be disappointed.

Ned>fred

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I like to mess with TO fans thats all yo ... my kings reference was in regards to the turnaround that happened with his career once he got into a good goalie system with proper coaches
I mean, making no sense isn't really 'messing' with people, but sure.

Reactions: TML1990

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad