Rumor: Canucks on the verge of signing Elias Pettersson for eight years!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It started from Dave Pagnotta from 4th period.com with a bombshell there is a 12 million dollar on the table but Petey hasn't signed yet. his source is a "someone close to the team" . to me you either name the source, or don't say shit at all as the fans in vancouver are dumb as hell and we absorb shit like a sponge.

Dave Pagnotta didn't accurately report on any transactions of the Vancouver in the past 15 years. He missed out on every transaction of the Vancouver Canucks, so why is he suddenly a reliable source?

anyways after this Friedman made bombshells based on that rumour from 4th perdiod.com Everyone sucked it up with a sponge. again the main source being 4thperiod.com. Friedman is suddenly a star over night with his bull shit rumours.

yesterday bombshell suggests he will sign within a few days, which makes Friedman look like a complete Pejorative Slur by suggesting he wants out. although he never worded like it, he made it convincing enough to sound like pettersson might not want to sign here.

so the best he got is to make a rumour suggesting there are trade dicussions between the 2 team.

here are my thoughts.

- we are trying to win a stanley cup. We are working towards that.

- we currently have player that has posted 100 points in the past. he did it at the age of 24. only one other player in our 55 years of pathetic history has pulled this off.
- this same player is on pace for another 100 point season.
- now we want to trade this player and take our team 4 steps back? than whats the point of adding hronek, and LIndholm?

it doesn't make sense.

If Petey gets traded, I will close my account. its not happening. Deadbeats like Servella and Friedman just wants clicks.

This is not complicated. Fact is, if Pettersson got anywhere near arbitration and a 1-year deal that walks him to UFA the Canucks would basically be forced to trade him. It was never about the team, they were trying to sign him, it was that Pettersson wouldn't negotiate. Something changed this past week, who knows what.

Petey O

I can teach you how to play gicky gackers
Feb 26, 2021
Brock Boeser
Vegas has never had a player as good as Pettersson on their roster and they damn sure didn't send anybody out who was in the same stratusphere. Their two best players were acquired BY trade. In fact, they didn't get over the hump until they brought in another star.

In no world will the Canucks be better off by trading Pettersson. The amount of people cheerleading this in here is alarming and short sighted. 100 point players do not grow on trees.

They can still make moves without a Pettersson extension; they already made the Lindholm deal.

There's a lot of dumb posters on this sub.
I'll never understand people who develop greater attachments to players than seeing their teams win championships.

If the Canucks' FO decides that trading Pettersson puts them closer to a cup than keeping him around, I will trust them and celebrate their direction. They've proven their competence and willingness to win.

I think they are a hell of a lot smarter than pretentious fans like yourself who talk down to people who aren't completely against trading EP. Even professional executives with many more years than your 0 years of hockey front office experience have debated trading him. Are they dumb, too, Green?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
This is way too complicated. Fact is, if Pettersson got anywhere near arbitration and a 1-year deal the Canucks would basically be forced to trade him. It was never about the team, they were trying to sign him, it was that Pettersson wouldn't negotiate. Something changed this past week, who knows what.

no it's not

Quin Hughes
Henrik Sedin
Daniel Sedin
Roberto Luongo
Jt Miller
Brock Boeser
markus naslund
Pavel Bure

got to sign contracts during an off-season. Pettersson wants to do the same. I'm more than happy to talk about what we can get for Pettersson if he does want out until than, we are going to sign him.

Reactions: Green Blank Stare

Orr4Norris

Mar 2, 2018
Vegas has never had a player as good as Pettersson on their roster and they damn sure didn't send anybody out who was in the same stratusphere. Their two best players were acquired BY trade. In fact, they didn't get over the hump until they brought in another star.

In no world will the Canucks be better off by trading Pettersson. The amount of people cheerleading this in here is alarming and short sighted. 100 point players do not grow on trees.

They can still make moves without a Pettersson extension; they already made the Lindholm deal.
I certainly am not cheering Petey being traded. Of coarse that’s a bad scenario.

But if the guy doesn’t want to sign, what are you going to do? Waiting till the off season gives him a lot more leverage. He could basically say team a or team b at that point. And there isn’t a whole lot you could do about it.

I like this play. It forces him to show his hand. If he wants to stay then they’ll work it out. If he doesn’t, it really is better to find that out now.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
whats funny is suddenly we believe whatever the hell Friedman says. The same guy like Dave Pagnotta, has never reported anythign accurate on Canucks related trades. Had no clue about the Horvat trade, Hronek trades, Lindholm trades, none of our free agent signings. etc.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
I think it was more all things coming together, as @Jerry the great mentions. Pettersson started to get hammered by the media from the Friedman speculation/before this CAR trade rumour came out. And the TDL makes for a natural pressure point. Still, good on JR for using the noise to his advantage. Whatever gets the deal done.

That's the risk. Since management had agreed that offseason talks were fine, this seems a gamble, but it may pay off nonetheless.
to clarify, i believe that Ruthervin/Alford orchestrated the smoke/noise to bring this to a head. they wanted a resolution and gamed one.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
very happy to have him here for the long term, a little uneasy about the cap hit... he's not a 11+ million player... yet.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
no it's not

Quin Hughes
Henrik Sedin
Daniel Sedin
Roberto Luongo
Jt Miller
Brock Boeser
markus naslund
Pavel Bure

got to sign contracts during an off-season. Pettersson wants to do the same. I'm more than happy to talk about what we can get for Pettersson if he does want out until than, we are going to sign him.

It's literally, if Pettersson doesn't sign by May/June you trade him. You can't let him get to RFA arbitration. Even if he signs in May, you need to set the groundwork long before that for a trade of that scale. There is zero chance JR will let him play out next year on a 1-year deal.

Reactions: Jay26

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
It started from Dave Pagnotta from 4th period.com with a bombshell there is a 12 million dollar on the table but Petey hasn't signed yet. his source is a "someone close to the team" . to me you either name the source, or don't say shit at all as the fans in vancouver are dumb as hell and we absorb shit like a sponge.

Dave Pagnotta didn't accurately report on any transactions of the Vancouver in the past 15 years. He missed out on every transaction of the Vancouver Canucks, so why is he suddenly a reliable source?

anyways after this Friedman made bombshells based on that rumour from 4th perdiod.com Everyone sucked it up with a sponge. again the main source being 4thperiod.com. Friedman is suddenly a star over night with his bull shit rumours.

yesterday bombshell suggests he will sign within a few days, which makes Friedman look like a complete Pejorative Slur by suggesting he wants out. although he never worded like it, he made it convincing enough to sound like pettersson might not want to sign here.

so the best he got is to make a rumour suggesting there are trade dicussions between the 2 team.

here are my thoughts.

- we are trying to win a stanley cup. We are working towards that.

- we currently have player that has posted 100 points in the past. he did it at the age of 24. only one other player in our 55 years of pathetic history has pulled this off.
- this same player is on pace for another 100 point season.
- now we want to trade this player and take our team 4 steps back? than whats the point of adding hronek, and LIndholm?

it doesn't make sense.

If Petey gets traded, I will close my account. its not happening. Deadbeats like Servella and Friedman just wants clicks.
I don't think he'll get traded either, but the point is management actually got to that point and we're talking with Carolina. That suggests that people were indeed right to be concerned.

Unless you're saying you believe that's all complete BS and the Canucks weren't talking to Carolina.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Not a Canucks fan, but love the approach from Vancouver's management here. Balls on the table, no player is bigger than the club, move forward.

They did what they had to. Time was getting tight. You need to start surveying Pettersson's value now in case he still refuses to talk contract heading into the off-season. JR was just doing what was best for the franchise.

If you get a good enough return and he's still not at the table, you pull the trigger. You've got basically four months a this point.

Reactions: TheShape

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
How about this: the Canucks have a tentative deal for a non-rental but can’t pull the trigger without clarity on Petterson’s cap hit. If Petey signs a deal that fits with their plan, we’ll be hearing about a high impact trade shortly thereafter.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
How about this: the Canucks have a tentative deal for a non-rental but can’t pull the trigger without clarity on Petterson’s cap hit. If Petey signs a deal that fits with their plan, we’ll be hearing about a high impact trade shortly thereafter.
Makes sense.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
but the point is management actually got to that point and we're talking with Carolina.

you believe this because friedman said so? 19 other gms might have gave Alvin a call or text asking him about Petey. they are probably just checking on things etc etc.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
It's literally, if Pettersson doesn't sign by May/June you trade him

if he's suddenly on the trade table, don't worry, we will know for sure at that point and he will be traded but we won't just "trade him in june" rumours have started and it will be sometime until he will be traded.

by then we can all arm chair, Canucks fans will humiliate themselves even more by over asking etc etc, we have beers, call it a day and wait for another 30 years until we maybe draft another 100 point player.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Nichiskin as the centre piece would have been interesting. A ton of risk on a guy whose currently in the KHL.

Reactions: lawrence

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
They did what they had to. Time was getting tight. You need to start surveying Pettersson's value now in case he still refuses to talk contract heading into the off-season. JR was just doing what was best for the franchise.

If you get a good enough return and he's still not at the table, you pull the trigger.
Refreshing to see. Too many teams are getting dunked on by star players (across all sports)so it's nice to see leverage used.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Hitler guys is Friedman

Freidman fed off a dave pagnotta rumour.

Every other clown is feeding off Friedman.

Servalli one uped on Friedman by stating he will sign in a few days.

With Friedmans thunder stolen he makes up a rumour that Vancouver is talking with Carolina. More dumbass Canucks fans take Friedman as gospel.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Not sure if there's this much drama for most star players and their GM usually. Whether media spiced up a story or not, it's fact that they've been at a stalemate and nothing was happening.

But I find it more concerning of the underlying issue that there's so much "game of chicken" being played. At this point, even if he signs, I'm going to be wondering if EP really wants to be here or just pressured to sign because it's the best option available. Unhappy players don't perform as well.

Reactions: PavelBure10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad