Rumor: Canucks on the verge of signing Elias Pettersson for eight years!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
you believe this because friedman said so? 19 other gms might have gave Alvin a call or text asking him about Petey. they are probably just checking on things etc etc.
Yes? That didn't sound like speculation. And if it wasn't true Pettersson wouldn't suddenly have changed his mind and come to the bargaining table in-season. You yourself have been adamant about highlighting Pettersson's sticking point of waiting until the offseason to do this. You're right that's what he did say, but now he's negotiating.

Unless you don't believe that either.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Not a Canucks fan, but love the approach from Vancouver's management here. Balls on the table, no player is bigger than the club, move forward.
yup want nothing more than him to buy in and be a long term star for this franchise but you have to realize that your decisions have a trickle down to every player below you in contract/player status and how management can plan and build things out.

Time to stop jerking everyone around. There is nothing you can do from now till the off season that changes the contract. Furthermore they have done everything to make this a great situation for him to stay.

Good on management for exploring moves in a different direction and putting some pressure to either get on board or fuxx off

lawrence

May 19, 2012
So Rick Dhaliwal the most reliable source on Canuck related. his latest post is the Canucks and petterson are negotiating. the same rick dhaliwal that broke Horvate trade rumours before anyone else via (his sources)

pre friedman. "Canucks talking with the hurricanes"

who do you want to believe more?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
So Rick Dhaliwal the most reliable source on Canuck related. his latest post is the Canucks and petterson are negotiating. the same rick dhaliwal that broke Horvate trade rumours before anyone else via (his sources)

Why do you think both can’t be true?

Reactions: Bleach Clean

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops

Yes, Pettersson and the Canucks are negotiating NOW.

I thought he was adamant he wanted to wait until the offseason?

Reactions: SillyRabbit

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

I mean if you read the Friedman blog post, he says that the negotiations with the Canes took place and before going any further the Canucks went back to Petey's camp to try to re-sign him and are now making progress.

Friedman and Rick text everyday and neither of their statements contradict each other at all.

You gotta read what these guys actually write before jumping to conclusions.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Why do you think both can’t be true?

dhaliwal has a history of getting things accurate, this includes Beagle, Louis Ericksson, Myers, Rouselle, Nate Smitch, Travis Hamonic transactions. Called the Bo Horvat trade rumours very early. Although he missed out on some things too.

Friedman is 0% on anything Canuck related. He's good at posting shit 1 minute after Dhaliwal posts stuff though.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
dhaliwal has a history of getting things accurate, this includes Beagle, Louis Ericksson, Myers, Rouselle, Nate Smitch, Travis Hamonic transactions. Called the Bo Horvat trade rumours very early. Although he missed out on some things too.

Friedman is 0% on anything Canuck related. He's good at posting shit 1 minute after Dhaliwal posts stuff though.
These guys literally talk to each other everyday and are friends, you're seeing things that aren't there.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I thought he was adamant he wanted to wait until the offseason?

Well Dhailwal suddenly said so, so who knows. he's more accurate. than dave pagnotta and Friedman. its like trusting a bridge salesman that has sold 0 bridges but you trust him with selling you bridge.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
yup want nothing more than him to buy in and be a long term star for this franchise but you have to realize that your decisions have a trickle down to every player below you in contract/player status and how management can plan and build things out.

Time to stop jerking everyone around. There is nothing you can do from now till the off season that changes the contract. Furthermore they have done everything to make this a great situation for him to stay.

Good on management for exploring moves in a different direction and putting some pressure to either get on board or fuxx off

My thoughts exactly.

Reactions: oceanchild

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Friedman had Horvat to the Islanders to the Islanders when no one else did.

Also…Friedman’s report today doesn’t contradict anything Dhaliwal has said.

You’re objections come down to a ridiculous idea that Friedman is lying.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
You’re objections come down to a ridiculous idea that Friedman is lying.

nah, just an opinion and he's in it for the click baits. will never forget how he used the Luongo trade situation to drive him up his own popularity.

but if you trust Friedman than so be it.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Hitler guys is Friedman

Freidman fed off a dave pagnotta rumour.

Every other clown is feeding off Friedman.

Servalli one uped on Friedman by stating he will sign in a few days.

With Friedmans thunder stolen he makes up a rumour that Vancouver is talking with Carolina. More dumbass Canucks fans take Friedman as gospel.
:thumbu:

That was my thought EXACTLY! :laugh: Friedman just wanted to stir the pot. All he did was speculate.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
All I know is that all of us fans/media making noise about this ended up being a good thing.

It apparently got other teams taking notice and making offers to the Canucks, which gave management leverage.

Great job everyone.

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019
I'll never understand people who develop greater attachments to players than seeing their teams win championships.

If the Canucks' FO decides that trading Pettersson puts them closer to a cup than keeping him around, I will trust them and celebrate their direction. They've proven their competence and willingness to win.

I think they are a hell of a lot smarter than pretentious fans like yourself who talk down to people who aren't completely against trading EP. Even professional executives with many more years than your 0 years of hockey front office experience have debated trading him. Are they dumb, too, Green?
michael-jordan-yeah.gif

Jim Benning is a professional executive with many more years than me as well. There's a lot of terrible GMs across sports. Just because they got the position doesn't mean they know what they're doing. This should be clear to everyone in 2024.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
First I've heard of under 12 million. I'd be stoked if that's the case, all Canucks fans should be. Pettersson signed for under 12 would be a massive steal.

Green Blank Stare

Drance approved coach
May 16, 2019
I certainly am not cheering Petey being traded. Of coarse that’s a bad scenario.

But if the guy doesn’t want to sign, what are you going to do? Waiting till the off season gives him a lot more leverage. He could basically say team a or team b at that point. And there isn’t a whole lot you could do about it.

I like this play. It forces him to show his hand. If he wants to stay then they’ll work it out. If he doesn’t, it really is better to find that out now.
Honestly, I would just ride it out through next season and let him walk in 2025 if he really wants to leave. Their best chance to win is with him. They can pencil in $12 million of free cap space in 2025 when Draisaitl, Rantanen and Marner are free agents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad