Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
DeBrusk, Heinen, Sherwood and Forburt were apparently the priorities at the start of the day. Desharnais wasn’t on the radar until late.

All good targets, except I don’t really get Forburt, but pro scouting tends to be good.

Allvin said Hughes was stoked to have Sherwood cause he was such a pain in the ass in the playoffs.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
This season is going to be huge for guys like Lekkerimäki, Willander, D-Petey, Hoglander, and even Podkolzin. If they develop well they will be part of this team moving forward. If they don't look like they will fit the timeline, some of these guys will be moved in trades for impact players.
Agree up front...i could see them being more patient on D.

Absolutely they will be trying to add one more impact forward somehow and JLs direction plus Hoglander playing to RFA in a elevated role .....it is very much time to show if they can be relied upon soon to be a solution.

Pod i cant see having much value. Pretty much a Grundstrom type value without showing a huge step this year. Perhaps someone is tempted as part of a package but it's coach him into a btm 6 at this stage first or might just get waived

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Alright, so did we try other D? Ghost, Marino, Sergachev, Edmundson, Tanev, Lybushkin or Haakanpaa were all available to some degree as well, depending on which and how many things we wanted to replace to from Zad's game. Forbort has one (size) and Desharnais has one (right handedness).

I'd have been fine with that extra year though.

Edmunson and Lybuskhin are two of the worst D men in the league. Forbort and Desharnais are both more useful than those two at the same price combined for one of Edmunson/Lybushkin.

Reactions: Vector and TruGr1t

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
We may need to trade Garland for a defencemen now - a bad day for our defence

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Alright, so did we try other D? Ghost, Marino, Sergachev, Edmundson, Tanev, Lybushkin or Haakanpaa were all available to some degree as well, depending on which and how many things we wanted to replace to from Zad's game. Forbort has one (size) and Desharnais has one (right handedness).

Sergachev too expansive

Ghost and Marino I just assume they don’t want to come to canada

There’s no difference between Edmundson, Hakanpaa and Vinny

Tanev I won’t give him that contract

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
DeBrusk was about the best target left once Guentzel went off the board, they were never going to have much success in trade due to a lack of chips. They hit two good bottom six additions that remind me of Suter/Blueger last year. Not sure what else could have been done outside of just sitting on cap space. I do agree they still need to do something with the defense. Forwards at least look to have an identity, Pettersson will have an upgrade at wing. Not sure what else they could have done. Not a fan of adding the Mantha and Duclair types of the world.
Exactly, the best target left. Trades were made, for players and for rights, and we stood pat.

There are a number of teams over the cap (including us, waiting on LTIR), that will have to make moves.

In absolute hindsight, I'd have kept our second and Mikheyev too, and hope for a rebound season.

Once again with our D, we are no further ahead with the guys we got, and now we have no cap space

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Sergachev too expansive

Edmundson is a quality bottom pairing defenseman. He was one of the better Dmen in the Leafs/Bruins series.

Hakanpaa can be a good #6 between being healthy scratched.

Desharnais is a slowish #7 that is signed to 1 mil too much and 1 year too long. A slight upgrade on Juulsen but not worth it.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Edmunson and Lybuskhin are two of the worst D men in the league. Forbort and Desharnais are both more useful than those two at the same price combined for one of Edmunson/Lybushkin.
Forbort might not be a pylon, but Desharnais...did we watch the same player? The latter two at least offfer some physicality and defensive accumen.

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
We currently have 24 players on our roster with no room for anybody in Abbotsford to make the team out of camp, something's gotta give at some point. Maybe a package deal of lower tier players for a Dman.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

If true, this takes some of the sting out of the Oilers having a good first day of free agency. Absolute garbage.

Leave it to the NHL to try and slip these bastards’ reinstatement in on July 1st.

I hope the Canadian media latches onto this and never lets it go if any of these f***ers do in fact end up in Edmonton. Because you know all the “insider” lackeys won’t say a damn thing about it.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
We are barely under the cap with a 23 player roster, depending on Silovs' contract.

I still don't see this as a reason to be optimistic though, our biggest acquisitions last year were straight up rentals, and I can't hold out hope that we have a way out of this without more rentals.

We had an opportunity to improve from last season, and I feel there was no plan B after the big fish that signed elsewhere.

I had no issues with Lafferty or Lindholm and they're play under Tocc's system, and they show up very well versus Heinen and Debrusk. Our D is as deep, but the downgrade from Zadorov to Forbort will be noticable. Desharnais is more a replacement to Cole, but neither of these two are a big improvement over who else is in our system already (Juulsen, Brisebois or Friedman).

Allvin has left us in a hole, here.
the amount of cap space you can accrue just by being under a bit is quite a lot especially consiideing teams tend to retain around TDL.
I assume we will target a top6 guy like Buchnevich and then another D
We are barely under the cap with a 23 player roster, depending on Silovs' contract.

I still don't see this as a reason to be optimistic though, our biggest acquisitions last year were straight up rentals, and I can't hold out hope that we have a way out of this without more rentals.

We had an opportunity to improve from last season, and I feel there was no plan B after the big fish that signed elsewhere.

I had no issues with Lafferty or Lindholm and they're play under Tocc's system, and they show up very well versus Heinen and Debrusk. Our D is as deep, but the downgrade from Zadorov to Forbort will be noticable. Desharnais is more a replacement to Cole, but neither of these two are a big improvement over who else is in our system already (Juulsen, Brisebois or Friedman).

Allvin has left us in a hole, here.
the amount of cap space you can accrue just by being under a bit is quite a lot especially considering teams tend to retain around TDL.
I assume we will target a top6 guy like Buchnevich and then another D like around Jan.

I think in terms of what we have now, we have a lot of players that can play Toc’s systems. our whole game, when we are good, is forechecking the crap out of the other team and not let the other team get out. Now we have more players that can execute on that and can pop in goals.

ProviesGhost

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver
I don’t have fond memories of Deharnais, I remember him being pretty brutal for the coilers. I can only hope that his skill set suits this system more, clearly the management feels this way.

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
I wouldn't mind the team offering a cheap 1 year deal to Tarasenko. Forwards would look solid:

Heinen - Miller - Boeser
DeBrusk - Petterson - Tarasenko
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
PDG - Suter - Sherwood

Defense is looking sorta gross however.

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
I have a feeling we're going to see a trade at some point for a dman. Have a dearth of forwards up front, and you've got to think they're not done on the back end.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Sergachev too expansive

Sergachev would likely be in place of Myers, who would move down or wouldn't have been signed.

That is an assumption, being that Marino went to a new team in an unknown market whose previous franchise reputation was a league joke though. Ghost...ok, I have nothing. He was available though, so for all we know we struck out on him.

Vinny is worse, but likely cheaper. I feel the other two are much harder hitters too, as is wanted by some of the other posters I've answered.

THAT contract? No. But if we'd moved quicker, we'd be dealing from a different point. Also, the length given, likely out of desperation, is what I interpret as the cost of keeping Tanev from testing UFA waters. That's just my interpretation though.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
I wouldn't mind the team offering a cheap 1 year deal to Tarasenko. Forwards would look solid:

Heinen - Miller - Boeser
DeBrusk - Petterson - Tarasenko
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
PDG - Suter - Sherwood

Defense is looking sorta gross however.
Hes not coming here for 3m though

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Sergachev would likely be in place of Myers, who would move down or wouldn't have been signed.

That is an assumption, being that Marino went to a new team in an unknown market whose previous franchise reputation was a league joke though. Ghost...ok, I have nothing. He was available though, so for all we know we struck out on him.

Vinny is worse, but likely cheaper. I feel the other two are much harder hitters too, as is wanted by some of the other posters I've answered.

THAT contract? No. But if we'd moved quicker, we'd be dealing from a different point. Also, the length given, likely out of desperation, is what I interpret as the cost of keeping Tanev from testing UFA waters. That's just my interpretation though.
Sergachev carries a 8.5m cap hit

Literally no chance for us

beckstreaker07

Jul 2, 2009

Sergachev makes $8.5m a year; Why would you want him on the Canucks at that cap hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad