Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Edmundson is a quality bottom pairing defenseman. He was one of the better Dmen in the Leafs/Bruins series.

Hakanpaa can be a good #6 between being healthy scratched.

Desharnais is a slowish #7 that is signed to 1 mil too much and 1 year too long. A slight upgrade on Juulsen but not worth it.
Hakanpaa at 1.5Mx2 is a vastly better signing than Desharnais at 2x2 imo

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
the amount of cap space you can accrue just by being under a bit is quite a lot especially considering teams tend to retain around TDL.
I assume we will target a top6 guy like Buchnevich and then another D like around Jan.

I think in terms of what we have now, we have a lot of players that can play Toc’s systems. our whole game, when we are good, is forechecking the crap out of the other team and not let the other team get out. Now we have more players that can execute on that and can pop in goals.
I agree with the cap accumulation, but we're starting at like 200k. Trading more assets for Buch (for a year, given how this year went) doesn't instill me with confidence either though.

I don't disagree, but I feel we had that anyway. Getting more expensive players then who is available internally, that are mostly of the same level, isn't something we had to do. It's clear there wasn't a plan B after Guentzel, and Allvin just went and spent his pocket money on things he didn't need. At least that's how I feel about our signings. Debrusk is the only player head and shoulders above cheaper or younger guys being called up from our roster. I'd rather have the cap space over most of the players we got.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Canucks with 2.1M left with Silovs to sign. Having 1M in left over cap space may come in handy later when making trades.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Allvin & the chickmunks absolutely killed it today, again all of their targets and contracts are bang on and players I liked/wanted.

Add a bit of youth and skill, ideally cheap or elc and we're willing the division again. Atleast one of Kylington, brannstrom, boqvist, or hopefully McGroarty would be nice swing for the fence.
Also down for random Laine, Pinto, necas tier addition somehow.

Reactions: ephmrl

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
God I hate our defense going into the season.
Not too different what we were going into last season.

The thing is going in too free agency, you know there were no silver bullets going into free agency, at least none on any contracts I'd want to carry for six years. Improvement on that was always going to have come from trade or even from drafted players.

I still wouldn't mind grabbing Boqvist for some secondary puck moving, but even he would be part part of a menagerie of fringe guys.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
We better pray to the f***ing hockey gods that Hronek doesn't get injured or else Hughes will get to experience 2022-23 again

hughes.png

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
I'm feeling conflicted.

Clearly we could not get plan A done. Ok that's fine, shit happens.

But plan B is not exactly winning me over.

Well, what's done is done.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I agree with the cap accumulation, but we're starting at like 200k. Trading more assets for Buch (for a year, given how this year went) doesn't instill me with confidence either though.

I don't disagree, but I feel we had that anyway. Getting more expensive players then who is available internally, that are mostly of the same level, isn't something we had to do. It's clear there wasn't a plan B after Guentzel, and Allvin just went and spent his pocket money on things he didn't need. At least that's how I feel about our signings. Debrusk is the only player head and shoulders above cheaper or younger guys being called up from our roster. I'd rather have the cap space over most of the players we got.
I mean it doesn’t have to be Buch, that’s just an example. I have no idea who are the rentals this year other than him.
I think Sherwood, Heinen and Debrusk are all clear upgrades from a system perspective. We will be a harder team to play against with these guys. If Debrusk can mesh with Petey then all we need is that 1 TDL to fill out that line.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Kylington Boqvist would be great gambles. Considering where we are i prefer Kylington but his mental health issues are hugely concerning. I can''t believe how much money he's pissed away at this stage of his career and wonder if he can be relied upon at all

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i don't hate any of the signings today (debrusk got too much term and i could do without one of forbort and desharnais but the rest are good) but i don't see the plan

they needed high end talent and they spent like 13m on just some guys. even dubrusk is closer to just some guy than a legit star. they're into ltir again so they can't even add in season without moving out money. unless they have a garland trade on deck i don't see how this team is good

they're gonna need career performances from miller, hughes, pettersson, boeser and demko to be a legit team

Reactions: Hodgy

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
i don't hate any of the signings today (debrusk got too much term and i could do without one of forbort and desharnais but the rest are good) but i don't see the plan

they needed high end talent and they spent like 13m on just some guys. even dubrusk is closer to just some guy than a legit star. they're into ltir again so they can't even add in season without moving out money. unless they have a garland trade on deck i don't see how this team is good

they're gonna need career performances from miller, hughes, pettersson, boeser and demko to be a legit team
They’re not into LTIR with a 23 man roster.

Reactions: arttk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad