Canucks & NHL News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | These Little Piggies Are Not Going To The Market…

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: June 27th, evening; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration). This buyout period ends June 30th. 8:00pm.
Team-Elected Arbitration: June 26th, evening
NHL Awards: June 27th
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: June 30th
8-Year Contract Deadline: June 30th, 9pm PST
Free Agency Opens: July 1st, 9am PST
Summer Development Camp: July 1st-4th
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
Ummm didn't you say the Forbort signing was awful and the Deharnhais one was gross? That sounds like hate, YMMV.

I don't think any of the depth signings sink them, but it was all about them switching gears after Guentzel signed in TBay. It is what it is.

They had a shot to keep the floor high with a better Dman signing, but that didn't happen.

i don't think either player has any business being in an nhl lineup but as far as 7th defenders go their contracts aren't totally unreasonable. both of them are moveable (or you can bury them with a slight penalty). they're bad players and not good signings but they aren't going to handcuff the team going forward

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
So if we make these assumptions the Canucks have about 3.5m in LTIR (space plus one of Hoglander/Podkolzin) to make a swap. I haven’t looked but there may be another forward or defenceman out there that fits within their needs.
I really doubt they're looking to trade for a d-man right now as that would put either their 1.5M or 2M signing as an immediate healthy scratch.

Forward maybe, but to me it looks like the plan is to pay to dump Poolman so they can accrue cap space throughout the season to make a major addition or two mid-season, like a top 4 D. Allvin talked about this around the deadline I believe

Reactions: arttk

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I mean it doesn’t have to be Buch, that’s just an example. I have no idea who are the rentals this year other than him.
I think Sherwood, Heinen and Debrusk are all clear upgrades from a system perspective. We will be a harder team to play against with these guys. If Debrusk can mesh with Petey then all we need is that 1 TDL to fill out that line.
I see Debrusk being a much better fit with Miller/Boeser. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy likely to have chemistry with Petey, but I would be ecstatic to be wrong.

Reactions: beckstreaker07

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I really doubt they're looking to trade for a d-man right now as that would put either their 1.5M or 2M signing as an immediate healthy scratch.

Forward maybe, but to me it looks like the plan is to pay to dump Poolman so they can accrue cap space throughout the season to make a major addition or two mid-season, like a top 4 D. Allvin talked about this around the deadline I believe
We also don’t need to dump Poolman right away, we can pay to dump him before Christmas and the cost would be cheaper.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I agree big time about adding Kylington. I think if you do that you can walk into the season and know there will be improvements available through the year. Being so tight to the cap after moving off the last bad contract we had again sucks, but the big addition at D or F can be made at the deadline. Outside of Desharnais I dont think we made any real blunders today

Reactions: TruKnyte

Big zZz

May 13, 2024
I see Debrusk being a much better fit with Miller/Boeser. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy likely to have chemistry with Petey, but I would be ecstatic to be wrong.
I agree. Petey thinks the game at too high of a level for the north south guys like debrusk. But sometimes opposites attract so here's to hoping for that.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
I agree big time about adding Kylington. I think if you do that you can walk into the season and know there will be improvements available through the year. Being so tight to the cap after moving off the last bad contract we had again sucks, but the big addition at D or F can be made at the deadline. Outside of Desharnais I dont think we made any real blunders today

The key is giving Heinen and Sherwood just 2 years each. So easy to just give them 4 each because everyone else is doing it. That's how you f*** your chances of competing

Reactions: SiZ and Hansen

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Also for the people looking at capfriendly, here's a better look at our roster + cap space (assuming Silovs signed for 1M)

cap space.png

Reactions: Tritsche

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Yeah no idea, we’ll see how they plan to mix them. Could end up with
Heinen-Petey-Boeser
Sherwood-Miller-Debrusk

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
Still need to get silovs signed. And slightly under IR doesn't mean we have the cap to add at deadline.

The cap space on CapFriendly already includes a different backup for 800k~, Silovs will make marginally more than that.

Additionally, every addition the team makes clears another 1m~ in space by subtracting a roster player too.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Holy balls

Soucy 6' 5"
Myers 6' 7"
Desharnais 6' 7"
Forbort 6' 4"

I honestly think we have a better team going into this season than last. People like to forget Z and Lindholm were traded for late in the year.

DeBrusk - probably has the highest breakout ceiling still of the available wingers
Sherwood - absolute wrecking ball
Heinen - canadian born swiss-army knife. A lot of untapped potential here too I bet

These 3 are all fantastic skaters too. Not to mention they can all play PK!!!

Honestly like all the size we got for D too. Now hopefully we can trade for either a legit top 6 scorer or a top 4 D at some point in the season.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

I don’t disagree but neither Desharnais nor Forbort are signed to prohibitive contracts that should give them immunity from being scratched. The plan right now is probably hold firm and see if something presents itself as an upgrade at any position.

Reactions: TruKnyte and arttk

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Seems like a pretty big over-reaction. We weren't getting any of the better players out there, rights or no rights, and we addressed our forward issues as well as could be expected.

The defence isn't great but there is zero indication any of the better dmen even considered us. We had limited space and assets. Pretty unrealistic to think otherwise.

As far as the defence it's very similar to last year, except Cole, Juulsen, or Friedman was on the right side instead of Desharnais. Our PK should be better and hopefully Debrusk is what's missing as a fifth player. He also adds speed and toughness which we sorely lacked in our top 6.

Reasonably decent day all things considered.
I disagree. Rights would only pertain to Stamkos, Guentzel or maybe Reinhart, but I feel doing nothing would have been better than overpaying for DeBrusk. Heinen and/or Sherwood would have been fine additions away from the rest of them.

Limited space? We have Myers and Soucy, a shut down pairing, as our second pairing. We have plenty of space for better players then them, this is coming from someone that hasn't got any issues with our shut down pairing. We finally get out from under that Myers contract, and we gave the proceeds to Forbort and Desharnais. Forbort, what ever, he's a friend of Boeser, but Desharnais isn't an improvement over Friedman/Juulsen, and makes more than both of them combined.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Debrusk-Miller-Boeser
Joshua-EP-Garland
Heinen-Suter-Hoglander
Aman-Blueger-Sherwood

Is how our forward group playing out.

How much cap space do we have with LTIR?

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Pk was still one of our biggest weakness last season so I think the new additions improved that.
Worried about our PP though….

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I agree. Petey thinks the game at too high of a level for the north south guys like debrusk. But sometimes opposites attract so here's to hoping for that.
I'd be very, very happy if that was the case. But it doesn't happen a lot, that's why the Sedins and Burrows was such a phenomenon.

Yeah no idea, we’ll see how they plan to mix them. Could end up with
Heinen-Petey-Boeser
Sherwood-Miller-Debrusk
If that works out at all cylinders firiing for all (or even most) players, I'll jump back on the train.

On paper, I am very disappointed for today's signings.

Reactions: Big zZz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad