• Aatos Koivu

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Something tells me management is much higher on Xhekaj than most around here.
While I don't think he should be Ranked higher than where he will end up being,

It's hard to argue against your notion,
There's definitely this 'feel' of excitement and intrigue from the team regarding this 'project' who even if he 'fails' to hit his ceiling, could still be a good bottom 6er for the team

Let's just say I'm wayyy more excited about Florian than Tuch

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Coming from a Växjö Lakers fan so not totally objective but you guys are severly underestimating Filip Eriksson in this poll. No way you guys have 18 prospects that are better than him. If that's the case then you are a dynasty in the making.
Thanks for your view on Eriksson. I guess people know he is very intriguing prospect, but Habs definitely have great depth. Beck is no8 and he was MVP of Memorial cup, Mailloux was AHL All star in his first pro season, Kapanen had amazing 2nd half, playoff in Liiga and WC for Finland, Konyushkov is captain KHL, Mesar was one of top10 players at WJC... and these are not even top prospect.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
I'm always less optimistic about 20 y/o prospects still playing in Europe. So I went with Mesar who I haven't given up on yet. I think he'll take a big step forward in the A this year.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'm surprised people put Kapanen over Mesar. Mesar played better than Kapanen at the u20 and had a good season overall in the OHL last year. Yes Kapanen numbers in the Liga are good but it's still the liga only and not the SHL (like Lehkonen) and dunno for me Kapanen is still a black box was not overly impressed at the u20.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Definitely not. It is still crazy how people do not understand the level of competition. Kapanen just finished his 2nd pro season in Liiga and his 2nd half was amazing. Comparing to Beck who is a similar player, he was playing in OHL as 20y old. If Beck reaches 50 points in AHL this year, I would assume everybody would be happy. This is basically what Kapanen achieved in Liiga already.
Even more blatant with Hage. Jesus, kid played USHL and is No.5 prospect. I understand "new toy" effect and I like his potential, but it would require 2-3 years of good development for him to reach the level of Kapanen. Slaf had 10 pts in Liiga just couple years ago and Kapanen had 34 and additional 14 pts in PO.
Basically the same applies to Engstrom, I am slightly more concerned about his transition to NA, but the skill is there definitely.
What does it matter what league Hage played in? Would you say "Jesus, Hughes played USHL" or "Jesus, Makar played AJHL"? That's a silly way to evaluate talent.

Hage is more talented than Kapanen and has a higher ceiling. He has a ways to go to get to the NHL level but we aren't ranking them based on being likely to play games at the NHL level, we're ranking them based on projected impact at the NHL level, and in that case, top 6 > bottom 6.

Same reason Heineman isn't a better prospect than Demidov.

I'm surprised people put Kapanen over Mesar. Mesar played better than Kapanen at the u20 and had a good season overall in the OHL last year. Yes Kapanen numbers in the Liga are good but it's still the liga only and not the SHL (like Lehkonen) and dunno for me Kapanen is still a black box was not overly impressed at the u20.
That being said, U20 performance should not be a barometer for prospect ability. Look at Caufield and Suzuki compared to Poehling.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
I admire your dedication to Mesar-ism.

For what it's worth, Mesar 's ranking this year is irrelevant. He just needs to have a very good year in the AHL. He can then be in the same boat as Roy, or in the same boat as Farrell and Kidney.

Thank you

Roy and Mesar are very different players. Mesar's talent level could be compared to Scott Gomez... Roy plays a much simpler game and will be more of a depth or AHLer

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Something tells me management is much higher on Xhekaj than most around here.
It’s a testament to our depth that he’s as far down the list as he is.

Not too sure if he necessarily should be higher. He could end up being better than Beck but that’s far from obvious at this point.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Yeah but there are ten names to vote on and he is not one of them.

He is next in line to be added. Time of addition doesn't mean he will go after all currently there. Some of them have been there since poll #1 and will likely be there after 15.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
What does it matter what league Hage played in? Would you say "Jesus, Hughes played USHL" or "Jesus, Makar played AJHL"? That's a silly way to evaluate talent.

Hage is more talented than Kapanen and has a higher ceiling. He has a ways to go to get to the NHL level but we aren't ranking them based on being likely to play games at the NHL level, we're ranking them based on projected impact at the NHL level, and in that case, top 6 > bottom 6.

Same reason Heineman isn't a better prospect than Demidov.
I am ranking them based on potential and probability to reach it. Hage has higher ceiling, but there is a long way to go for him. Kapanen is closer, so his probability is higher to reach 3C.
If I use your logic then Mesar needs to be above Xhekaj. Top 6 > bottom 6.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Coming from a Växjö Lakers fan so not totally objective but you guys are severly underestimating Filip Eriksson in this poll. No way you guys have 18 prospects that are better than him. If that's the case then you are a dynasty in the making.

He had the highest U20 point per game pace in Hockeyallsvenskan in the last 16 years. Produced way better than recent first round players as Östlund, Lekkerimäki and Öhgren did in the same league in their D+1 and when he joined Växjö in the SHL playoffs he was our best forward the last few games when he finally got some playing time.

You guys will probably get a really good player in the next few years. His IQ is off the charts but unfortunately his tools aren't as good. Would predict 20-25 points this season and then that he explodes the year after and then signs with you guys.
Eriksson was drafted in the 6th round last year. I think it's very possible that we have more than 10 prospect in front of him. He did well as a 19 years old in the Swedish equivalent of the AHL but that's not necessarily impressive Lehkonen was playing in the SHL at the same age and was doing well. Eriksson is an intriguing prospect but he has a lot to prove this year before climbing in our top 10 imo.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Adam Engstrom should be easily there. He have huge potential!

Add anybody you want.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
OHL's Mesar player of the month... watch at 0:48... one of Mesar's signature move...O-zone entry from center ice then dekes the whole squad and scores.

Filipus Mesarius the Greatus, plain and simple

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
OHL's Mesar player of the month... watch at 0:48... one of Mesar's signature move...O-zone entry from center ice then dekes the whole squad and scores.

Filipus Mesarius the Greatus, plain and simple

To this day, I don’t know if you are trolling, keeping going the longest running gag or living a gigantic fandom of Mesar.

Even if you answer, I won’t be able to settle that question, but that’s on me. Only thing I know, it’s that you are dedicated.

• Haha
Reactions: Treb and overlords

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
To this day, I don’t know if you are trolling, keeping going the longest running gag or living a gigantic fandom of Mesar.

Even if you answer, I won’t be able to settle that question, but that’s on me. Only thing I know, it’s that you are dedicated.

Did you watch the 1 min video? Did you see the play at 0:48?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
I think Mesar is really underated nowadays. I can't buy in Engstrom's hype because we've had so many swedes who were supposed to be the big think totally flop.
Nygren may still pan out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad