Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Will they stay or will they go, now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
I would say otherwise, if I was a team knowing that the team is less likely to sign a player, I'm not paying more, I'm paying less. Like Detroit did with Debrincat. Ottawa paid 7oa, 39oa, 112oa to acquire him and got 25oa, 112oa and two bums in return. That is significantly shittier of a return.
You’re comparing a prime age top pair RHD with an undersized streaky winger.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
What sort of return is Van getting for Hronek?
It will obviously depend on what the market looks like if we decide not to sign him. There is no urgency for us to sign him until just before his arb hearing. All it takes to get overpaid is one or two GMs who struck out in FA that need to fill holes on the right side.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
From my searching, there’s not much precedent. I couldn’t find a good comparable.
The only one I found or could think of was Trouba. Pionk and 20oa (ville Heinola)
That seasons Jets's had Buff, Myers, Trouba. 99 points.
Next year Pionk, Demelo, Poolman 80 points.
Pionk has been very serviceable but has fail when asked to play top pair.

Seth Jones was traded with 1 year left. He got a haul. Columbus haven't made the playoffs since.

Reactions: Vector

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
It will obviously depend on what the market looks like if we decide not to sign him. There is no urgency for us to sign him until just before his arb hearing. All it takes to get overpaid is one or two GMs who struck out in FA that need to fill holes on the right side.
I can understand both sides but Van is gonna want to be competitive. That means having a good right side and not 1st round picks that are years away.

Reactions: Nona Di Giuseppe

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
I can understand both sides but Van is gonna want to be competitive. That means having a good right side and not 1st round picks that are years away.

True, one thing would be if Allvin is looking at getting future assets like picks and using them as capital to trade for what he truly wants, along the lines of Horvat -> 1st -> Hronek.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
True, one thing would be if Allvin is looking at getting future assets like picks and using them as capital to trade for what he truly wants, along the lines of Horvat -> 1st -> Hronek.
Certainly possible. Probably something that is entertained ahead of the draft this year.

Possible swaps.
Parayko + for Hronek
Larsson + for Hronek
Jokiharju + for Hronek

Three way with Rangers. Hronek to someone, Schneider to Van, picks prospects to Rangers.

Hronek is 3 years younger than the youngest good UFA D.

Reactions: MarkMM

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Losing capfriendly is such a bummer.

It's the only icon on my homescreen, I'm rattled.

Might well have a huge impact on how much I watch nhl next year, and Honestly all my hockey related interests, fantasy/betting/pools/offseason trades/ free agent day etc

Last edited:

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Probably. Suddenly becomes an NHL front office job. He's worked that roll in the past.

Wry n Ginger

Water which is too pure has no fish
Sep 15, 2010
Victoria
I believe typically when someone buys an independently run website, part of the contract is the main guy(s) in charge of running it continues to do so for a couple of years
Yah. I imagine there are a lot of non-competes in that contract as well.

I also wonder if it was shopped around the league or even too the league before being sold?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad