Friedman: Jets and Rutger McGroarty are not talking - his name is coming up in trade talks

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I'm rather curious as to the Jet's response to a trade proposal to the effect of:

To Winnipeg
Arber Xhekaj
2024 1st (26th)

To Montreal
Rutger McGroarty

To many teams (whether or not they are correct in their assessment), Xhekaj probably has more value given prevailing opinions regarding his physical tools and attitude.
I don't think the jets would have interest in that at all

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I'm rather curious as to the Jet's response to a trade proposal to the effect of:

To Winnipeg
Arber Xhekaj
2024 1st (26th)

To Montreal
Rutger McGroarty

To many teams (whether or not they are correct in their assessment), Xhekaj probably has more value given prevailing opinions regarding his physical tools and attitude.

Edit: To be clear, here, I think that the value is way off given that Xhekaj does not add much at all; however, his kind of player is overpaid and overrated all the time.
Why would you even post that after all the better offers that have been posted in here?

I'd almost rather make Rutger suffer at Michigan for two years and take the 2nd round compensation pick

Puke

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Question for any Jets fans , looking at ur lineup next season and maybe Ehlers getting traded this offseason , you guys should easily have a spot in the top 9 for him no?

We know he wanted to play in the NHL and yet has to learn a spot but he's talking like there is none if Ehlers Monahan and Toffoli are all gone

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Question for any Jets fans , looking at ur lineup next season and maybe Ehlers getting traded this offseason , you guys should easily have a spot in the top 9 for him no?
we may, but he might not be ready to play so we can't promise him that spot, we also have lambert who could be ready or maybe even chibrikov, he would of had a chance to make the team out of camp

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Feel like you guys should play them all at the training camp and make a decision for him after but i guess you guys would be looking for d-man ?
we would gladly welcome him coming to training camp to earn the job, problem is, he doesn't want to have to earn it, he wants a guaranteed spot in the nhl and not have to start in the ahl

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
How many teams are willing to start a guy they haven’t even talked to with zero pro games into their NHL lineup?

Feels like you have to get a rebuilding team to do it. And their best assets are all too high.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
we would gladly welcome him coming to training camp to earn the job, problem is, he doesn't want to have to earn it, he wants a guaranteed spot in the nhl and not have to start in the ahl
yeah that's lame tbh , i feel like unless he plays in a full rebuilding team , he's gonna have to earn his spot. Hope you guys get some good return for him.

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario

We know he wanted to play in the NHL and yet has to learn a spot but he's talking like there is none if Ehlers Monahan and Toffoli are all gone
Chevy is not the type to cave in to pressure like this. We have cap space and Chevy undoubtedly wants a crack at Monahan again, plus whoever else he scoops up. Lambert I'd argue is more ready to play his NHL spot than Rutger is, so that alone would disqualify him from an immediate roster spot.

Connor - Scheifele - Vilardi
Perfetti - Monahan - Namestnikov
Niederreiter - Lowry - Barron
Appleton - Gustafsson - Iafollo
Kupari, AJF, Lambert etc...

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How many teams are willing to start a guy they haven’t even talked to with zero pro games into their NHL lineup?

Feels like you have to get a rebuilding team to do it. And their best assets are all too high.
yeah that's lame tbh , i feel like unless he plays in a full rebuilding team , he's gonna have to earn his spot. Hope you guys get some good return for him.

I'm all but certain the Wild would have no issue with starting him in the NHL next season and they're not rebuilding

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Chevy is not the type to cave in to pressure like this. We have cap space and Chevy undoubtedly wants a crack at Monahan again, plus whoever else he scoops up. Lambert I'd argue is more ready to play his NHL spot than Rutger is, so that alone would disqualify him from an immediate roster spot.

Connor - Scheifele - Vilardi
Perfetti - Monahan - Iafollo
Namestnikov - Lowry - Barron
Appleton - Gustafsson - Lambert
Kupari, AJF, etc...
by looking at ur lineup , u expect Ehlers to really be gone? Feel like he would be perfect for a d-man

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
by looking at ur lineup , u expect Ehlers to really be gone? Feel like he would be perfect for a d-man
I think so. Ehlers won't ever be a 1st line player here, which will likely push him to move on. He's got great metrics in the regular season but becomes a ghost in the playoffs, so the team won't try to keep him, either. The only exception I see is if we trade for Laine this off-season since they get along well, but that opens up our 2C issue again. Monahan is definitely not the answer to that duo, so a Rutger trade is the only way to fix that.

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Why would you even post that after all the better offers that have been posted in here?

I'd almost rather make Rutger suffer at Michigan for two years and take the 2nd round compensation pick

Puke

For precisely the reasons that I stated?

Because I'm genuinely curious as to whether fans of the Jets believe that their management team could be enamoured with a player like Xhekaj, whom GMs tend to overvalue in the extreme.

And I was responding to a post on the last page that proposed Mailloux + Winnipeg's 1st for Mcgroarty, which I doubted would fly.

The answer to your questions should be evident given that they are provided in my post and the one to which I was responding.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Someone came into the bruins forum and cited TSN panel saying this was the deal being discussed. Can anyone confirm TSN was talking about this

To Boston: McGroarty, 2nd, Appleton

To Jets: Carlo, lysell, 1st

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I don't see a trade with Montreal, period. Mailloux is not TNSE material. Xhekaj doesn't move the needle. Hutson scares the crap out of me and Guhle isn't moving, so there's just no deal to be made.
Someone came into the bruins forum and cited TSN panel saying this was the deal being discussed. Can anyone confirm TSN was talking about this

I don't hate it. Appleton shows glimpses every now and then but inevitably disappoints. We have a lot of competition in that bottom six, so he's just effectively just contract going the other way. It creates a massive logjam on defense that we'd need to clear out first, though.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

I have not seen that, just our beat writer saying boston is a team we have talked to

edit: pretty sure that guy is just trolling, he came to our board as well and posted a different rumor

Reactions: StonedZboril

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
For precisely the reasons that I stated?

Because I'm genuinely curious as to whether fans of the Jets believe that their management team could be enamoured with a player like Xhekaj, whom GMs tend to overvalue in the extreme.

And I was responding to a post on the last page that proposed Mailloux + Winnipeg's 1st for Mcgroarty, which I doubted would fly.

The answer to your questions should be evident given that they are provided in my post and the one to which I was responding.
Chevy hasn't employed a fighter/tough guy since Tony Peluso. TNSE believes in team toughness with guys like Lowry and Dillon stepping up to answer rhe bell if needed

I think the only people on the planet who are "enamored" with a Xehkaj are Habs fans

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022

This makes the Bruins worse for next year and probably worse long term as the jury is still out on Lysell. Not sure why they would do this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad