Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Will they stay or will they go, now?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:

rea

Feb 8, 2011
While sad to see it go—the basis of that website shouldn’t be that difficult to recreate for an enterprising party.

The biggest issue would be having too many different parties trying to create the same site and flooding the marketplace.

I’m a bit surprised that the Capitals felt the need to purchase it. I thought for sure that each NHL team had their own internal resources to manage their salary caps and take into account different cap scenarios.
It'll probably end up saving them money to do a 1 time payout with an all in one interfaced system tracking it all, then to pay multiple ppl annual salaries to track it all.

Reactions: Caspian

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Damnnit. Where else can I spend hours during the day working on hypothetical trades, FA signings and just avoiding work altogether?
Well this site seems to work for that eh?

the website is (mostly) worthless. the capitals are buying the data

there's no central contract database for the nhl. you have to phone up the league and ask someone to pull the contract for you or ask your fellow gms or agents for contract info
This is amazing considering it's 2024 right?

Reactions: supercanuck

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
the website is (mostly) worthless. the capitals are buying the data

there's no central contract database for the nhl. you have to phone up the league and ask someone to pull the contract for you or ask your fellow gms or agents for contract info
But that data that they’ve collected—it’s all publicly available. Any other team or party could scrape that data from the website from now to July 5th and have all the same info as what Washington has.

I’m more curious about whether they hired the guy behind the website to keep on running it for them.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
But that data that they’ve collected—it’s all publicly available. Any other team or party could scrape that data from the website from now to July 5th and have all the same info as what Washington has.

I’m more curious about whether they hired the guy behind the website to keep on running it for them.
I wonder if the real value is in the data it collects from its users. Not so much from the fantasy roster builders like we have here, but rather from teams that use the free resource, players, agents, etc. There's probably a story to be told by diving into the visits of select individuals.

• Wow
Reactions: vadim sharifijanov

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Trimmed out some posts.

Folks, it's the off-season and currently nothing is happening. A lot of people get bored, and if they want to converse in little micro-pockets here and there, it's fine. That's always been the general rule in the off-season. If you don't like a post or a thread, you're not obligated to comment on it or like it. Just carry on with your day.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Yeah, I think at that price you've got to walk.

Guy's earned a payday, and I think he still has room to grow - but yeah.
If he does go somewhere else for a fair chunk of change, I kind of do hope he drops off a bit. He's had one decent season of being a good 3rd line player. 27 year old 3rd liners deserve their cut but not what the rumours are speculating.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
If he does go somewhere else for a fair chunk of change, I kind of do hope he drops off a bit. He's had one decent season of being a good 3rd line player. 27 year old 3rd liners deserve their cut but not what the rumours are speculating.
I just cannot see a contending team with cap space taking a chance with a 4mil AAV term contract for a 3rd liner. It would have to be a team like Chicago, Utah or Nashville.

Only playoff team I could see going for him would be Nashville.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I probably would have done 3.5x5 or 6 pre-playoffs.

I maintain that but if a scout watched the game ones of each series, you can easily talk yourself into a higher figure than that.

And Joshua should ABSOLUTELY take the biggest deal he can get. Single, not settled.
Still in his 20s. Agent just needs to get him 25 million somehow.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Yeah, I think at that price you've got to walk.

Guy's earned a payday, and I think he still has room to grow - but yeah.
I hope he takes every single penny, he’s not made that much in his career, you need to cash in eventually

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Trimmed out some posts.

Folks, it's the off-season and currently nothing is happening. A lot of people get bored, and if they want to converse in little micro-pockets here and there, it's fine. That's always been the general rule in the off-season. If you don't like a post or a thread, you're not obligated to comment on it or like it. Just carry on with your day.
Start up some good trade rumours @Mr. Canucklehead let’s get this party started

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
IMO, priority 1 is shedding Mikheyev. Everything else becomes a lot more straight forward if we can manage to do that.
I think it’s pretty clear. They are going to buy him out if they don’t find a trade for him

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I’m leery of going too high and for too long a term on Joshua. A 28 year old who just broke out and who was in Tocchet’s doghouse to start the season.
He was a force for the Canucks this year but he could also be one of those guys who needs to be on a shorter contract and needs to be motivated every year. Tough call.

Reactions: Killer Orcas

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
I just cannot see a contending team with cap space taking a chance with a 4mil AAV term contract for a 3rd liner. It would have to be a team like Chicago, Utah or Nashville.

Only playoff team I could see going for him would be Nashville.
He might go somewhere for term and the upside as well like Chicago. I could see Stevie Y giving him some term but that doesn't fix their defence or goaltending. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad