GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm curious who is set for the 4th line besides Malenstyn and possibly Krebs? Seems like they have openings for potentially both a 4th line C and RW.
No one is "set" right now. As of right now, Krebs is 3c......Malenstyn and Rousek are the likely 4th line wingers, and we have no 4C.

So there's a bunch of openings. Skinner's spot (which I think is going to be taken by a kid) and then 4C, 4W........

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Overall, while I embrace the idea of the front office doing something aggressive to change the status quo.....I really don't trust the team in charge of doing it. Adams to me feels like a bit desperate and frustrated. I really feel like the Malenstyn deal was him cracking under pressure a bit to do something. He told reporters that he got that other second to acquire a player, option A-D fell apart, so he rushed to get SOMETHING and on short notice it was the best he could do.

I have two big fears:

1) Them swinging hard at Stamkos and getting nothing else done while they get told they are in it then rushing to get scraps when they are rejected.
2) Heavy investments in players that simply don't fill needs but are something and he can't get anything else does so he just does SOMETHING to check a box. Big investment with little potential ROI.

This is really a time to play small ball a bit here. Give me a bunt, two doubles, and a single rather than a triple and a home run. Pay for good fit over good headlines. I've criticized him for the Malenstyn overpay, but I'd rather see an overpay to fill a need than a overpay to just make a move.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
No one is "set" right now. As of right now, Krebs is 3c......Malenstyn and Rousek are the likely 4th line wingers, and we have no 4C.

So there's a bunch of openings. Skinner's spot (which I think is going to be taken by a kid) and then 4C, 4W........
I think JJP will take over Skinny’s spot on the 1st line and either Benson or Savoie will be the 2LW. Barring any noteworthy FA success, which we all know better than to count on. Stamkos would really do a lot for the roster, he would allow either Tage or Cozens to move down a line and result in three true scoring lines. He would be worth backing the truck up for but the larger question is whether he would actually accept a highly competitive offer to come here and pay NYS taxes when he could just go to Nashville or Vegas and not do that.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Fair enough, thanks guys. I don’t watch that many Lightning games and we certainly don’t need to overspend on a 34yo winger who will want a lot of term.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't see us bringing in a top 9 guy in free agency.. Trade route would be best

What happened to the Necas rumors ?

There has been some chatter that the Hurricanes were asking a lot - Friedman said something around #4 OA in the draft to get Demidov was an ask for them to send him to Columbus.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Now the Rangers have leverage via the limited no-trade clause and have decided they can’t afford an $8M cap hit for a defenseman who is projected to be on the third pair. It doesn’t matter whether he was Captain Courageous playing on a broken ankle in the playoffs or not.

If Trouba does not approve a trade to Detroit that is believed in place, he will ultimately be sent somewhere else, perhaps by waivers. The decision has been made.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I imagine the first time he plays the Rangers after he is moved, he is going to have words and elbows for some of his ex-teammates.
From a strictly personal point of view, it's a shame that the Rangers and Devils really don't have any space or use for him.

From a hockey point of view......jettison him to Utah or somewhere far, far, far from Buffalo.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
From a strictly personal point of view, it's a shame that the Rangers and Devils really don't have any space or use for him.

From a hockey point of view......jettison him to Utah or somewhere far, far, far from Buffalo.

Detroit isn't that far from Buffalo though...

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
I'm beyond terrified of what this idiot does tomorrow.
Attach127448_20240701_013612.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BFLO and debaser66

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad