Canucks News, Rumours, and & Fantasy GM | Will they stay or will they go, now?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Last one was over 1,000. Continue here.

Vector's NHL Transaction Tracker.

Some Important Off-Season Dates

Buyout Period: 48 hours after the SCF; players without NMCs must be placed on unconditional waivers 24 hours prior (another buyout period opens if a team has a player file for arbitration)
Team-Elected Arbitration: 48 hours after the SCF
Draft Day 01: June 28th
Draft Day 02: June 29th
Qualifying Offer Date: July 1st
Free Agency Opens: July 1st
Player-Elected Arbitration: July 5th
Young Stars Classic Tournament: Sep. 13th-16th

Last edited by a moderator:

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I sign Marchessault to a cheaper deal than Guentzel and Reinhart and laugh.
1717899343089.jpeg

On a serious note, Marchessault would be a PERFECT winger for Miller or Pettersson

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I have a dog in Vancouver's DTES, and it's fine. Lots of better places for dogs, but if you need to be in a big city then Van is pretty good. Just wish he could help with rent.
Without knowing where he lives, I'll assume Dt. W the seawall and the parks, there are tons of areas at your doorstep. Also short drives away from alot of parks etc.

If there's one thing I think vancouver has an edge over alot of cities in North America, it's that its infrastructure has a kept alot of nature and greenery inside and throughout the lower mainland. It's not just a concrete jungle. The climate helps too lol

Also yea rent is stupid AF. It is what it is though. Complaining about it is like complaining about gas lol, it doesn't matter cuz ppl will still pay it.

Sign this man!
Feel like march will be chasing every last penny if he leaves Vegas. He's won a cup, he's at the back end of his career, I predict any team outside of lv that ends up with him will have paid a small fortune over an uncomfortable term to have.

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
So what is our first player transaction this off season going to be?

I kind of thought we’d have seen a smaller one by this point (Arturs Silovs getting a deal, for example), but I wonder if the Canucks have everything else on hold while they look at Lindholm and Zadorov.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
The Canucks (and all teams, heck, all employers) should be investing whatever they can into improving and strengthening the mental health of their players / employees.
I would agree.

I kind of thought we’d have seen a smaller one by this point (Arturs Silovs getting a deal, for example), but I wonder if the Canucks have everything else on hold while they look at Lindholm and Zadorov.
Hronek is priority #1. Van has two good centers signed. Van has 2 good LHD signed. Van does not have even 1 good RHD signed.

Jerry the great

Jul 8, 2022
I would agree.

Hronek is priority #1. Van has two good centers signed. Van has 2 good LHD signed. Van does not have even 1 good RHD signed.
Hronek is an RFA and his deal will probably not get done before the free agent frenzy has come and gone. If they can pull a big RHD name out of the UFA pool and the others sign quickly, Hronek's trade value goes up materially.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

It’ll be re-signing one of he UFAs. Which one is anyone’s guess. Hronek situation should also come to ahead before or at the draft. I’m less confident in that since RFA negotiations can get weird.

We have 20 days until the draft and 22 days until July 1st. Lots should happen over that time across the league.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon

My gut tells me they have handshake deals already done with some conditions. Example as soon as Mikheyev is dealt the dominos will fall.

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Hronek is an RFA and his deal will probably not get done before the free agent frenzy has come and gone. If they can pull a big RHD name out of the UFA pool and the others sign quickly, Hronek's trade value goes up materially.
I would say otherwise, if I was a team knowing that the team is less likely to sign a player, I'm not paying more, I'm paying less. Like Detroit did with Debrincat. Ottawa paid 7oa, 39oa, 112oa to acquire him and got 25oa, 112oa and two bums in return. That is significantly shittier of a return.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
My gut tells me they have handshake deals already done with some conditions. Example as soon as Mikheyev is dealt the dominos will fall.
This is the most likely scenario.....once the Cup is awarded, the announcements will come thick and fast.

I think a lot of teams have been working the phones constantly with players, agents and other teams. And the dominoes are set to fall.

I still sense that the Canucks will be in on on at least one block-buster trade before the draft. They need to move some contracts; but then so does just about every other team in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad