Rumor: Canucks And Leafs talking — Canucks Targeting Liljegren

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Seems like it'd have to be a Motte/Dickinson + Schenn/Halak type deal if Liljegren is the "centerpiece". He'd be a useful piece, and i also understand why Leafs fans would be upset to give up a cheap young RHD who can give them a little bit more in the right situation. But a young bottom-pair defenceman doesn't fetch you a really good-to-great Top-6 Forward like Miller/Garland/Boeser. Not without something a lot more valuable than Liljegren headlining the thing.

That's more the sort of "2nd round value" type price you typically see of deadline deals for useful depth players, or more experienced defensive depth for the coach to overplay as injuries mount.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Seems like it'd have to be a Motte/Dickinson + Schenn/Halak type deal if Liljegren is the "centerpiece". He'd be a useful piece, and i also understand why Leafs fans would be upset to give up a cheap young RHD who can give them a little bit more in the right situation. But a young bottom-pair defenceman doesn't fetch you a really good-to-great Top-6 Forward like Miller/Garland/Boeser. Not without something a lot more valuable than Liljegren headlining the thing.

That's more the sort of "2nd round value" type price you typically see of deadline deals for useful depth players, or more experienced defensive depth for the coach to overplay as injuries mount.
Lock this thread please

barilko05

People...they're the worst!
Jan 28, 2011
Yikes! I hope not. Remember that time we traded a young, still developing defenseman that management wasn't high on? That guy played less than hundred games for us (sound familiar). Then, we traded him and...guess what happened? I'll give you a hint...he eventually won a Norris trophy. I'm not saying Lili is ever gonna reach that level but...can we wait another year or so before we go trading him for guy 5 years older, not as talented, and dragging along the corpse of Luke Schenn behind him?

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
I'd move him if we got something better than motte back . I know leafs would still have to add but Boeser or JT miller make sense

Liljegren + Kerfoot / Engvall + Pick / prospect

/ = or
I personaly think the leafs should be looking for a goalie before getting luxary items like Boeser or Miller.

Package for Demko?

Vancouver trading Demko would be fun to watch, but in the end it would be like removing the patchwork from a hole in the boat just to use it on the new hole.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
If Dubas moves LIlly for anything other than an extended Lindholm type dman, he will lose me as a supporter instantly.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Just because Vancouver wants Liljegren, doesn’t mean they’re going to get him for their scraps. Only way he’s available is for an upgrade like Miller, Horvat, or Demko.

He’s been playing top 4 on a playoff team in his rookie season and has looked solid.

Obviously the leafs would need to add.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
In all seriousness, why?? Why would Vancouver be “targeting” him? He’s the last type of D they need.

Someone playing clickbait with Canuck fans. We’ve seen a team who’s on the borderline of selling, keep having reports they’re targeting certain younger D.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
He's finally living up to his #2OA original ranking.

He won't be cheap, if not now, soon will be your 2nd best Dman
Why do the Canucks want him? He's good.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
If it doesn't have to do with Miller or Boeser, then it's nothing

Edit: obviously Liljegren+ before I get murdered

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
IMO Liljegren is a better prospect than Sandin; trading Liljegren would have to be for an impact player or else he stays on the Leafs.

he is also on ELC and a pending RFA who may not get a significant raise anyway; which helps the Leafs' cap

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Just because Vancouver wants Liljegren, doesn’t mean they’re going to get him for their scraps. Only way he’s available is for an upgrade like Miller, Horvat, or Demko.

He’s been playing top 4 on a playoff team in his rookie season and has looked solid.

Obviously the leafs would need to add.
Wonderful, are you able to explain to every Leafs fan in this board? He's not worth the anchor of who else is coming with him for any of the Canucks mentioned there. There is no deal to be had if Liljegren is the biggest piece returning for Miller, Horvat or Demko.

He has not been a "top four" on Toronto. He's played an average of 16:00 a night, so simply division has him below that mark. He is presently playing less than Brodie, Muzzin, Rielly, Lyubushkin (since he got to Toronto), Sandin and Holl. And it hasn't gone up in the wake of Muzzin's injury either. He's got twice the give aways to take aways, and has about a 55% offensive zone starts, and all that deployment goes down when the team is down, close or tied. I'm not ragging on the guy, but let's look at this objectively. He's expected to be a top four, and he's in his first fullish season in the league. But he's not a top four D yet. He's not some Marino-esque top four ready rookie, who is taking the league by storm and we all just missed it. He is not a finished product. Luke Schenn, who gets ragged on in every thread he's brought up in, is the current better or more impactful player.

Reactions: Paddys Pub

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Man Liliy reminds me of an ex Leaf in Strålman. Solid two way player, little hitting, good stick l, solid defense. Lily has more offensive potential and better skating. Strålman a bit tougher.

And for what it's worth cherry picked stats but he has 11 points in his last 18 games and out producing Sandin who many think has solidified as a top 4 dman this season. Lily is right there.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
If it doesn't have to do with Miller or Boeser, then it's nothing

Edit: obviously Liljegren+ before I get murdered
It gots do with Motte also. We are getting him the outta there. Hard. And he hard too sire. :clap: We want him per tsn.

Also uh, we might take others too. Even a secondary goalie. Or somebody else who plays hockey.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad