Rumor: Canucks And Leafs talking — Canucks Targeting Liljegren

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
I don't see the Leafs moving Liljegren unless it really made sense, he's not exactly expendable for them.

Hoglander may be a possibility but Liljegren is a greater fit & need for the Leafs. Only other thing I could see is him being apart of a much larger deal for JT Miller but his PP prowess would probably be underutilized here, & Canucks have no need to move him.

Leafs & Canucks just don't look like good trading partners.

Reactions: Nylanderthal

48MPHSlapShot

Nov 3, 2018
Value-wise, Lilly probably has similar value to Hoglander.

I wonder if TO could be thinking of using Lilly to bring in Hoglander, which would give them a potential top 6 forward cheap, and then flipping one of their high priced forwards in the offseason for a nice package + cap relief.

Feb 19, 2018
Thats perfectly fine but to the leafs and their cap structure he would be a cap dump. Its similar to how kerfoot is a very good player but to Canucks fans they considered him a cap dump.
In my initial proposal I did have Mrazek coming back as a pure cap dump the other way. That basically makes Myers come in around 2 million for the next two years, if you value Mrazek as a negative asset.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Mrazek has had a bad season with the leafs for 20 games, Myers has been terrible for years. You don't think other people watch the Canucks. Myers is awful and has been for a long time. Stop trying to lie to me and more importantly stop lieing to yourself.

Keep telling yourself that.

Mrazek is absolute trash and waste of cap.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Vancouver sports media has got to be the most delusional media faction in the entire NHL. Dhaliwal pretending like he doesn't know who Liljegren is may be one of his finer moments. Yes the name Dhali keep's hearing in conversations is also the name he can't even remember or pronounce.... Makes a lot of sense LOL. They aren't even trying anymore.

The Leafs are not moving Liljegren for anything outside of a major piece. I am sorry to break it to Canucks fans.

It's hilarious how I could talk to any of my friends here in Vancouver and I wouldn't hear a single positive thing said about Tyler Myers, yet he still has value at 2/3rds his current salary? We all have eyes, he is a bottom pairing guy at this point. He has value at maybe 2.5-3AAV. Liljegren is already a better player in his rookie season.

I genuinely cannot wait till Monday has come and gone. Seeing Donny and Dhali scramble to stay relevant after the team 1040 shut them down is becoming nauseating.

Canucks have interest in Liljegren? ya I f***ing bet they do lol, as does probably every team in the NHL.

If you actually think Liljegren = Motte, Schenn or even a combination of them both, you are clinically insane. Get checked out.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
I am thinking with the rumors linking Garland to the leafs and Lilj to the Nucks that is some sort of pkg we see a deal.
On the Leafs side we have our 1st, a few pretty good looking prospects, Lilj etc
On Vancouver the dream addition is Miller but with Muzz out and questionable goaltending I highly doubt Miller is an option.
That leaves Garlund(can't really see this, he has a ton of term left), Motte, Schenn, Myers and a maybe Halak?

If I were a betting man I would bet
Motte+Schenn+Halak for Lilj+Mrazek+2nd+Amirov?
I've said it before and I'll say it again.
No team is trading a kid with a brain tumour and no team is trading for a kid with a brain tumour.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Vancouver sports media has got to be the most delusional media faction in the entire NHL. Dhaliwal pretending like he doesn't know who Liljegren is may be one of his finer moments. Yes the name Dhali keep's hearing in conversations is also the name he can't even remember or pronounce.... Makes a lot of sense LOL. They aren't even trying anymore.

The Leafs are not moving Liljegren for anything outside of a major piece. I am sorry to break it to Canucks fans.

It's hilarious how I could talk to any of my friends here in Vancouver and I wouldn't hear a single positive thing said about Tyler Myers, yet he still has value at 2/3rds his current salary? We all have eyes, he is a bottom pairing guy at this point. He has value at maybe 2.5-3AAV. Liljegren is already a better player in his rookie season.

I genuinely cannot wait till Monday has come and gone. Seeing Donny and Dhali scramble to stay relevant after the team 1040 shut them down is becoming nauseating.

Canucks have interest in Liljegren? ya I f***ing bet they do lol, as does probably every team in the NHL.

If you actually think Liljegren = Motte, Schenn or even a combination of them both, you are clinically insane. Get checked out.
You have things like mirrors, and self reflection, and self awareness, in Toronto, right?

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Myers(retained) + Motte for Liljegren+Big Cap dump+1st?
Tyler Meyers (retained) has about the same value as Justin Holl full AAV. In Fact I'd much rather Justin Holl at 2AAV than a retained Myers at 3-4AAV. I doubt I am alone, but I admittedly am a Leafs fan and have a bias.

Both can be effective players, both can be liabilities. Massively inconsistent at times, but also players that can log heavy minutes. Only one is overpaid, and even with retention Myers would still be overpaid. I am not sure why anyone would want a retained Meyers TBH.

The fact that Canucks fans are willing to retain on Meyers for an additional 2 years after this one should speak volumes to how badly they want him off the roster. Why would we want that?

Craigo85

Apr 24, 2018
if a non playoff team thinks a questionable 2nd pairing D (really best as a 5th D) on an expiring contract is apparently worth a 1st rounder at the TDL .... why would a 22year old D man that's basically in the same position for the depth chart be part of a trade for anything besides a top line forward/top pairing D man?

Reactions: filthyMitz

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
You have things like mirrors, and self reflection, and self awareness, in Toronto, right?
Have you read this thread?

Have you read any thread involving a Canucks trade rumor? They are unsubstantiated claims based on hearsay that a guy like Rick Dhaliwal and Don Taylor would never be privy to. Unless the intention was to create some non existent marketplace.

To Van:
Good prospect
1st round pick

To Team "X":
Hot dog shit (retained)

Like in what f***ing world is there interest in Tyler Myers. Seriously. He doesn't even have interest on his own team for crying out loud

"But that's just what I'm hearing donny"

From who dude? lol

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
In my initial proposal I did have Mrazek coming back as a pure cap dump the other way. That basically makes Myers come in around 2 million for the next two years, if you value Mrazek as a negative asset.
Mrazek is definitely a negative asset currently I guess I'm just hoping dubas doesn't replace one negative for another while including Liljegren.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006

Have you read any thread involving a Canucks trade rumor? They are unsubstantiated claims based on hearsay that a guy like Rick Dhaliwal and Don Taylor would never be privy to. Unless the intention was to create some non existent marketplace.

To Van:
Good prospect
1st round pick

To Team "X":
Hot dog shit (retained)

Like in what f***ing world is there interest in Tyler Myers. Seriously. He doesn't even have interest on his own team for crying out loud

From who dude? lol
I'm not going to get into it, because you've clearly made up your mind - but Myers has been pretty damn good since Bruce took over, and I would not be surprised if a few teams out there were interested him with some retention. GM's love size, and he's got that. He can skate, has some offense, plays big minutes and has really solidified his defensive game with the new coaching staff. He isn't the Myers of old these days.

Reactions: Cogburn

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver

To Van:
Good prospect
1st round pick

To Team "X":
Hot dog shit (retained)

From who dude? lol
I asked the question, and did not receive an answer. I am made to believe that the concept of self awareness is not something Maple Leafs fans possess knowledge of. Have a Leafs fan make a proposal or thread on these boards, and odds are incredible that it will be hilariously lopsided, yet some how rabidly defended, even as neutral parties explain why the deal is awful for anyone but Toronto.

My reply to your hurt feelings about Myers holding some kind of value to us is Kerfoot, only without the retention.

Our guys aren't good, but in no way any worse then about 90% of "insiders" out there. Or do you not read stuff from national Canadian media? Because its laser focused on making Toronto fans happy, at he cost of any kind journalistic integrity.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I asked the question, and did not receive an answer. I am made to believe that the concept of self awareness is not something Maple Leafs fans possess knowledge of. Have a Leafs fan make a proposal or thread on these boards, and odds are incredible that it will be hilariously lopsided, yet some how rabidly defended, even as neutral parties explain why the deal is awful for anyone but Toronto.

My reply to your hurt feelings about Myers holding some kind of value to us is Kerfoot, only without the retention.

Our guys aren't good, but in no way any worse then about 90% of "insiders" out there. Or do you not read stuff from national Canadian media? Because its laser focused on making Toronto fans happy, at he cost of any kind journalistic integrity.
The Canucks fan base suffers from the same delusions as the leafs fan base and every other fan base in the NHL for that matter. Myers without retention is a cap dump. 25 to 30 games doesn't change that when he's been bad for a few years now. At 30 % retention he's a viable asset for a playoff contender in my opinion only, not leaf fans because 1 person doesn't speak for a fan base.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Reading through this thread makes me think I'm in crazy world. Why would the Leafs trade a young NHL RD for a collection of assets like a pending UFA 4th liner, a rental backup goalie, a massive cap dump or other crap like that?

Hoglander for Liljergren is reasonable. Throwing spare parts at Toronto for Liljergren isn't reasonable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad