Rumor: Canucks And Leafs talking — Canucks Targeting Liljegren

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I see the fit, I guess, for Vancouver, but he is absolutely not worth what Maple Leafs fans will want for him.

Is he a current improvement on Myers, Hamonic, Schenn or Poolman? Two, maybe three at best, and he's not worth being the centerpiece in a trade for one of our top six forwards we're open to moving. Muddying the waters further is the Maple Leafs present and future cap situation, making rentals less valuable and limiting what we can return by the amount of cap hit going back and coming in.

And because I read his name already, Mrazek should be an absolute non-starter if Liljegren is the price we're getting to take his contract. Halak is already an albatross, and taking on two additional years of 3.8 million for a comparably bad goalie is just foolish. Even dumping Dickinson and Poolman for him is not really a win.
This makes sense and is exactly why any trade involving Myers to the leafs is equally bad because he's an even bigger cap dump.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I'd rather not trade Hog for Liljegren at all. Motte+Schenn for Liljegren would make more sense for us. Would be an overpayment from the Leafs though

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Liljegren for Motte and Schenn feels like an old school GM type move that doesn’t seem like something Dubas would do, and I agree with those that he doesn’t seem like a key piece for a Miller deal, but if Canucks brass were really high on Lil, I could see something around a bigger deal with one or both of the vets along with someone younger (maybe Hoglander), and a pick on the other side with Liljegren. Otherwise it seems like an off-season type move. Though I’m not keen on moving Hoglander.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Liljegren for Motte and Schenn feels like an old school GM type move that doesn’t seem like something Dubas would do, and I agree with those that he doesn’t seem like a key piece for a Miller deal, but if Canucks brass were really high on Lil, I could see something around a bigger deal with one or both of the vets along with someone younger (maybe Hoglander), and a pick on the other side with Liljegren.
That seems more likely.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Are you able to provide a source on this? I haven't seen this said anywhere outside of you.
Heard it a week or so ago, I might have misheard? Lets just assume they are in play than

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
i honestly dont think it is bait and thats the value they perceive of liligren.
So like I said at the bottom of the last page, we shouldn't be looking into this. Liljegren is probably a bottom pairing D here, and we shouldn't be giving up a top six or equivalent asset for, what I presume is, a package centered on Liljegren.

Dr Amazing

Oct 5, 2017
Again I will repeat this. Liljegren destroys bottom pairing competition, has been scoring at a 40 point pace since November without powerplay time and is the only defenseman in the NHL to be part of 3 pairings in the top 20 for xGF% with a minimum time of 100 minutes together. He controls expected goals on the ice at an elite rate no matter who he plays with or against whatever competition he faces. If he goes and Motte is the best piece coming back, Dubas should be fired immediately.
it's a fair trade i'm sure Vancouver sends the paper work

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad