Rumor: Canucks And Leafs talking — Canucks Targeting Liljegren

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frankie Blueberries

Dream Team
Jan 27, 2016
I could see it involving any combination of Rathbone, Motte, Schenn.
I would hope not Hoglander or Podkolzin but could see it being a possibility.

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Motte and Halak for Liljegren, 3rd and Mrazek (who gets bought out in the offseason unless Ian Clark works his magic on him). Would mean about $1 million for 22-23 and 23-24 and $1.5 million in 24-25 and 25-26 (but by then maybe the cap goes up)?

That Mrazek contract is really bad... I would not take that contract on unless there's way better incentives. $3.8M for another 2 years with a modified NTC?

Leafs would have to retain on Mrazek for us to take his contract back.

Motte and Schenn for Liljigren and a 4th round pick is something feasible.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Losing Schenn would suck, He has been a huge influence on this team.
But if I had to guess, a combination of Motte and schenn for lil and a dump?

No clue, What’s the value for lil leafs fans?
I am thinking with the rumors linking Garland to the leafs and Lilj to the Nucks that is some sort of pkg we see a deal.
On the Leafs side we have our 1st, a few pretty good looking prospects, Lilj etc
On Vancouver the dream addition is Miller but with Muzz out and questionable goaltending I highly doubt Miller is an option.
That leaves Garlund(can't really see this, he has a ton of term left), Motte, Schenn, Myers and a maybe Halak?

If I were a betting man I would bet
Motte+Schenn+Halak for Lilj+Mrazek+2nd+Amirov?

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
That Mrazek contract is really bad... I would not take that contract on unless there's way better incentives. $3.8M for another 2 years with a modified NTC?

Leafs would have to retain on Mrazek for us to take his contract back.

Motte and Schenn for Liljigren and a 4th round pick is something feasible.
add Halak, we add Mrazek, upgrade the pick to a 2nd and a decent but not top tier prospect?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't think Halak has been a goalie all season.

You got videos floating around of players saying "are you f***ing kidding me?" because a puck slowly sliding past Halk on a "shot" that was fanned on?

We do, Wayne Simmonds after the 2nd Arizona goal on Marazek

That's the bar right now

If they could get a save they'd be up with Carolina they aren't because they can't get a save

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I am thinking with the rumors linking Garland to the leafs and Lilj to the Nucks that is some sort of pkg we see a deal.
On the Leafs side we have our 1st, a few pretty good looking prospects, Lilj etc
On Vancouver the dream addition is Miller but with Muzz out and questionable goaltending I highly doubt Miller is an option.
That leaves Garlund(can't really see this, he has a ton of term left), Motte, Schenn, Myers and a maybe Halak?

If I were a betting man I would bet
Motte+Schenn+Halak for Lilj+Mrazek+2nd+Amirov?
Value wise Vancouver takes that, but management has been clear about trying to shed salary, so bringing Mrazek at his number for a couple more years won't be happening.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Liljegren doesn't have the value to get Miller or Garland but he's way too good to trade for Motte/Schenn. I'll personally be pissed off if he's traded. He's been crushing bottom pairing comp, is still very young and held his own playing with Rielly. He is the only defenseman in the NHL to feature on 3 pairings in the top 20 for xGF % and produces offense at a similar or better rate than any dman on the Leafs except for Rielly without playing powerplay minutes. There isn't a reasonable trade involving him where the Leafs come out as winners.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Button called he and Sandin cant miss top 4 ,what changed? More Maple Leaf propaganda

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Oh wow Canucks are interested in good young right shot defenseman and apparently nothing of value is going the other way. This must have legs....

1647456181783.png

Feb 19, 2018
I wonder if Myers is a part of this? Makes perfect sense actually

Myers + Motte + Halak
Lilly + Mrazek + 1st

Ive seen Leaf fans saying they would like to beef up the right side and as of next year we don’t have a backup signed, I think Clark could work with Mrazek to the point he has value and we end up flipping him.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Value wise Vancouver takes that, but management has been clear about trying to shed salary, so bringing Mrazek at his number for a couple more years won't be happening.
I think if you replace Schenn with Hamonic, that deal starts to work a lot better from a $ POV.

I'd be shocked if the Canucks trade Schenn. He has been outstanding defensively, is our most physical player, is a prefect fit for Hughes, and makes near the minimum. I hope he is re signed after next year.

Hitemwith4

Jul 1, 2019
I dont think leafs will trade Lilijegren, leafs need cheap good dman.

Liligren is good dman just developing slower than some (not most) leaf fans had hoped.

But we will see what Dubas & Co think so deadline coming up real quick

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Losing Schenn would suck, He has been a huge influence on this team.
But if I had to guess, a combination of Motte and schenn for lil and a dump?

No clue, What’s the value for lil leafs fans?
:laugh:

Yeah, you're going to get a rookie, ELC RHD pacing for 30+ points who has been playing on the top pair for weeks in return for a couple depth veterans.

Nucks can be interested, i'm sure every team is. He's not moving.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016

Myers + Motte + Halak
Lilly + Mrazek + 1st

Ive seen Leaf fans saying they would like to beef up the right side and as of next year we don’t have a backup signed, I think Clark could work with Mrazek to the point he has value and we end up flipping him.
unless its a MASSIVE deal
Marner+Mrazek+Lilj+1st for Miller+Garland+Motte+Schenn+Halak lol

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Rutherford actually thought he got Liljegren in the Kapanen trade. Makes sense he’s still after him when he realized he didn’t spell it Lindgren.
That trade would have made A LOT more sense at that point in time.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016

Myers + Motte + Halak
Lilly + Mrazek + 1st

the issue is Myers cap hit going forward and asking you guys to retain on Myers for 3 years is not going to happen

TeddyBare

Jul 28, 2016
Mississauga, Ontario
I dont know who this guy "Taj" is in the vancouver market

Ive seen his other posts in rumors and he is very liberal in misquoting things.
On the last few I followed up on in solving vancouver and toronto and his tweets are so off base on what was said

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad