Rumor: Canucks And Leafs talking — Canucks Targeting Liljegren

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Replace Schenn and Dickson w Garland and I agree.
Do you really believe Garland is going to get traded for a late 2nd and a B prospect? Thats as ridiculous to the post you responded to.

As much as I don't like this from a Canucks POV, I could see Motte and Schenn for TL.

Reactions: gianni

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I don't see the match. We can't afford Miller and I can't see trading Timmy for kicks. Schenn and Halak? Get real. Feels like click bait. We'd offer picks or a lesser prospect but not Timmy.

Reactions: Holls Blackmail

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Do you really believe Garland is going to get traded for a late 2nd and a B prospect? Thats as ridiculous to the post you responded to.

As much as I don't like this from a Canucks POV, I could see Motte and Schenn for TL.
A B prospect? Uhhhh what lol.

Yes, it's definitely as likely as what you've proposed.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
It's really just two years. I think Myers at $4 million is an asset ($2 million retained).
in that case I can see Dubas pushing for enough retention so that Mrazek and Myers match at 3.8
what I don't understand in the Garland to Toronto rumors, unless they know the cap is rising significantly.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Halak has a NMC so he's probably not moving unless the Canucks are definitely out of the playoff race before the deadline.
It doesn't look like they will be.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada

The Audio/TV clip for anyone curious.

I don’t necessarily get the sense the quote at the beginning “Unless they get an offer that blows their socks off“ and the Canucks wanting Liljegren are exclusive from that clip if I’m honest.

Toronto has chased Garland in the past( even at the last deadline), so I wonder if that’s the thread connecting the two teams. 🤷‍♂️

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
A B prospect? Uhhhh what lol.

Yes, it's definitely as likely as what you've proposed.

What, you think Liljegren is an A level prospect? He is 22 and barely playing 16 mins a night with 3rd pairing level numbers. I get he has some potential still, but is certainly not looking like it's top pairing potential.

Motte and Schenn make the Leafs far better than they currently are.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
What, you think Liljegren is an A level prospect? He is 22 and barely playing 16 mins a night with 3rd pairing level numbers. I get he has some potential still, but is certainly not looking like it's top pairing potential.

"3rd pair numbers"

Pacing for 30+ points as a rookie with ZERO PP time. He's won his 5on5 minutes (xGF%) in 17 games straight, a lot of which he was on the top pair. This isn't Jett Woo.

1647458462416.png

Liljegren and Niemela are the future of this org.'s RD. Propose a core piece or take a hike.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012

He isn't a prospect, he's been on our roster basically the entire year outside of paper transactions.

We can find better elsewhere. Honestly, no interest in trading Lilly, who we have been patient with developing and is finally reaping the rewards, for two middle aged guys who would be playing at the bottom of our lineup.

Unless it's in a bigger deal for players who will actually move the needle for us.

Cut Lilly and Motte out, and we'll throw you a 3rd/4th for Schenn and call it a day.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario

Again I will repeat this. Liljegren destroys bottom pairing competition, has been scoring at a 40 point pace since November without powerplay time and is the only defenseman in the NHL to be part of 3 pairings in the top 20 for xGF% with a minimum time of 100 minutes together. He controls expected goals on the ice at an elite rate no matter who he plays with or against whatever competition he faces. If he goes and Motte is the best piece coming back, Dubas should be fired immediately.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I wonder if Myers is a part of this? Makes perfect sense actually

Myers + Motte + Halak
Lilly + Mrazek + 1st

Ive seen Leaf fans saying they would like to beef up the right side and as of next year we don’t have a backup signed, I think Clark could work with Mrazek to the point he has value and we end up flipping him.
Myers is a larger cap dump then Mrazek, and its the leafs adding a 1st ?

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Myers is a larger cap dump then Mrazek, and its the leafs adding a 1st ?

Myers can play top pairing minutes (he's realistically a #4D). He's about 1-2M overpaid.

Mrazek shouldn't even be in the league anymore - makes nearly $4M for an AHL quality goaltender.

Myers' contract >>>>>>>>> Mrazek's contract.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Myers can play top pairing minutes (he's realistically a #4D). He's about 1-2M overpaid.

Mrazek shouldn't even be in the league anymore - makes nearly $4M for an AHL quality goaltender.

Myers' contract >>>>>>>>> Mrazek's contract.
Mrazek has had a bad season with the leafs for 20 games, Myers has been terrible for years. You don't think other people watch the Canucks. Myers is awful and has been for a long time. Stop trying to lie to me and more importantly stop lieing to yourself.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

The Audio/TV clip for anyone curious.

I don’t necessarily get the sense the quote at the beginning “Unless they get an offer that blows their socks off“ and the Canucks wanting Liljegren are exclusive from that clip if I’m honest.

Toronto has chased Garland in the past( even at the last deadline), so I wonder if that’s the thread connecting the two teams. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe but the only way that works if Muzzin is staying on LTIR or or Kertfoot is included because the money has to work

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I see the fit, I guess, for Vancouver, but he is absolutely not worth what Maple Leafs fans will want for him.

Is he a current improvement on Myers, Hamonic, Schenn or Poolman? Two, maybe three at best, and he's not worth being the centerpiece in a trade for one of our top six forwards we're open to moving. Muddying the waters further is the Maple Leafs present and future cap situation, making rentals less valuable and limiting what we can return by the amount of cap hit going back and coming in.

And because I read his name already, Mrazek should be an absolute non-starter if Liljegren is the price we're getting to take his contract. Halak is already an albatross, and taking on two additional years of 3.8 million for a comparably bad goalie is just foolish. Even dumping Dickinson and Poolman for him is not really a win.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad