Rumor: Canucks And Leafs talking — Canucks Targeting Liljegren

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Leafs fans are a special breed. Not that Canucks fans are much better...

But fellas, the point of trading at the deadline is to take a run at the cup. There's way too much nitpicking about "value", especially regarding a smallish OFD that simply hasn't lived up to his billing (after sliding in his draft year).

Do you want to win? Auston Matthews is absolutely dismantling the regular season competition, you need to let the guy go on a playoff run.
You trade to make your team better for the post-season.

Motte, Garland, Boeser, Miller... even Schenn, Hamonic, etc. they all help you do that. They're good to great players.
There's a deal here, but Vancouver needs to win the futures part of it for the trade to happen...
You see players do have this thing called value. and we're not going to over pay for something that really doesnt help us.
now if the ask comes to something you know reasonable they Im down to figure out how to acquire Motte and Schenn but at the cost of Liljegren they can kick rocks

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
This is such a typical HF thread.

A report comes out that Team A is interested in a player grime Team B

Fans from Team A come in the thread and propose horrible low ball trade senarios. Fans from Team B reject those proposals aggressively.

Fans from Team A get mad and talk about how the fans from Team B always overvalue their players and trash the player their team is interested in.

It happens all the time and it isn’t just these 2 fan bases that do it.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
And the Leafs have scored 50 more goals than the Canucks this season, terrible argument

Have you thought that maybe they've scored 50 more goals is because they have guys who would be your second leading scorer with next to no PP time playing in the bottom-6 half the season?

Reactions: ER89

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Rutherford actually thought he got Liljegren in the Kapanen trade. Makes sense he’s still after him when he realized he didn’t spell it Lindgren.

What do you mean by thought he got him in the Kapanen trade? Like he traded for the wrong player?

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I haven't thought up to that point, but Motte to Toronto is currently in talks, so I thought that could somehow be related to the Liljegren deal.
No it won't. Liljegren will be a top 4 d as early as next year on a consistent basis. Those young players don't get moved for 4th liners plus scraps no matter how good that 4th liner is.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
No it won't. Liljegren will be a top 4 d as early as next year on a consistent basis. Those young players don't get moved for 4th liners plus scraps no matter how good that 4th liner is.
I just told you Motte might be an additive piece. I didn't say Motte for Liljegren straight up.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I just told you Motte might be an additive piece. I didn't say Motte for Liljegren straight up.
Leafs need d you don't seem to understand that fact. Even if it was podkolzin + Motte leafs would turn it down. Brodie will be gone in a few years and Liljegren will take his spot if it even takes that long and Niemela will take Liljegrens old spot hopefully. Basically Liljegren only goes in a large package for a player like Miller.

dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Leafs need d you don't seem to understand that fact. Even if it was podkolzin + Motte leafs would turn it down. Brodie will be gone in a few years and Liljegren will take his spot if it even takes that long and Niemela will take Liljegrens old spot hopefully. Basically Liljegren only goes in a large package for a player like Miller.
LOL

Reactions: Red

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
Ah, I see what you're saying now. Miller isn't moving, because he is a top player for us. Liljegren is a qualified defender, but I don't think we can give up Miller for him, however the value may be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad