Rumor: Canucks and Devils talking Zacha for Dickinson trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
exactly, and when other teams know this:

trade him or lose him for nothing,

Devils leverage is gone which makes it comical to think that Vancouver would give up a 2nd to get him.

I can see a contending team offering like a 4th or 5th for him at the TDL though, and then just not qualifying him in the off-season if said contending team is up against the cap.
but maybe Devils value someone like Dickinson more than a 4th or 5th.. i dunno

They have leverage regardless of their intent to keep him long term provided teams want to acquire Zacha. It's supply and demand. If nobody wants Zacha but the Canucks, then yeah, there's no leverage there to extricate value. If multiple teams are interested in Zacha (and I do believe that was the initial report, though I can't remember), then the devils have leverage.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Zacha's biggest problem is confidence. When he has confidence and is going good, he looks like a bonafide top six player. When he falls into a rut, he thinks too much and loses his edge. He probably has more value outside NJ at this point, if a coach can protect that confidence.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I would add a 3rd round pick at MOST for Zacha alongside Dickinson.

Canucks are not really in a position to give up picks at all... Zacha's probably worth a 2nd from a contender.
Cool, you don’t have to worry then because the Devils aren’t giving you Zacha for a cap dump and a 3rd

JohnHodgson

May 6, 2009
Cool, you don’t have to worry then because the Devils aren’t giving you Zacha for a cap dump and a 3rd

Do you think it's possible that a player can have a terrible year?

He was a 20-30 point defensive winger prior that was only traded to Vancouver because he couldn't be protected in the expansion draft.

I don't think the Devils see Dickinson as a cap dump if the talks are true. It would obviously be a change of scenario type of trade. Canucks should add something small but that's it.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta

He was a 20-30 point defensive winger prior that was only traded to Vancouver because he couldn't be protected in the expansion draft.

I don't think the Devils see Dickinson as a cap dump if the talks are true. It would obviously be a change of scenario type of trade. Canucks should add something small but that's it.
I just don’t see how or why the Devils trade a player to acquire an overpriced third line player? It’s not really something you seek out. It’s more of a type of scenario where there are added assets in order to take that on. I’m really hoping it’s not just a Zacha for Dickinson plus a late pick trade. I just don’t see the purpose for the Devils. At the point where they are now, a 3rd or 4th round pick is pointless. Have a like 5% chance to find a bottom 6 player . We have 28291 of those already.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Dickenson is not an offensive player in which Zacha is supposed to be though.

and for an offensive player, Zacha averages 23 pts per season

I dont think this is a massive win by any means for either team if the deal went through.
lol. you might want to check those.
He is averaging about 40-45 points a season. His two worst seasons at age 19-20 he averaged about 28 points.
Last year he was on pace for about 55 points.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Bottom line is that a bunch of names are flying back and forth between these two teams and it seems like they are deep down the well of some sort of negotiations. Seems like it could be a decent sized deal and it does at least feel like something is going to happen between these two teams.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
I mean, it's a helluva lot closer in value than the Boeser for Zacha rumors
is it? Dickenson has put up 6 points this year while making 2.65 million
Zacha has put up 23 points making 2.25 million
Boeser has 28 points and is making 5.875.

Now considering that Dickenson isn't scoring at all and is making 400k more than Zacha that would be a signifigant loss of value for NJ.
Boeser is making about 3X the amount that Zacha is making and has only produced 5 more points. I am not saying that Zacha is on the same level as Boeser, but if Boeser and Zacha reveresed their roles and Zacha was given the offensive opportunity that Boeser is given, and vice versa how much of a difference would their be.
If Zacha was consistently playing with a Petterson or JT Miller, what kind of numbers would he be putting up those years?

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
As much as I hate Zacha if this is a one for one swap I would definitely be disappointed.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Dickenson is a fringe NHL player at this point, not sure why anyone would want him
Devils don’t. That’s why it will be Dickinson plus ? if a trade is made at all. But I still don’t get it from the Devils end unless it’s Boeser and Dickinson for ? with Zacha as an add ( not main piece)

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Dickenson is not an offensive player in which Zacha is supposed to be though.

and for an offensive player, Zacha averages 23 pts per season.

I dont think this is a massive win by any means for either team if the deal went through.

how does zacha average 23 points a season?

his career low is 24 points (ignoring his first “season” where he had 2 points in 1 game)

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
is it? Dickenson has put up 6 points this year while making 2.65 million
Zacha has put up 23 points making 2.25 million
Boeser has 28 points and is making 5.875.

Now considering that Dickenson isn't scoring at all and is making 400k more than Zacha that would be a signifigant loss of value for NJ.
Boeser is making about 3X the amount that Zacha is making and has only produced 5 more points. I am not saying that Zacha is on the same level as Boeser, but if Boeser and Zacha reveresed their roles and Zacha was given the offensive opportunity that Boeser is given, and vice versa how much of a difference would their be.
If Zacha was consistently playing with a Petterson or JT Miller, what kind of numbers would he be putting up those years?

It's funny in one post, you use points total as your argument, while in your other post. you said Zacha is "is averaging about 40-45 points a season. His two worst seasons at age 19-20 he averaged about 28 points."
So which is it, points in a season or point per game? Or is it whatever suits your narrative at the moment? Last season, which was his best season, his pace was 0.7 P/GP which is on paced for 58 points. In every other season, his P/GP was never more 0.5 which would be "on pace" for 41 points a year.

You are saying Boeser only has 5 more points than Zacha, without acknowledging that's actually a difference of 0.49 P/GP vs a 0.64 P/GP.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Not in a salary cap world my friend. Heck this report is saying even New Jersey don't want to take him on for 3mil per season and they are rebuilding with lots of cap space i presume.
If they don’t like Zacha at 3M, why would they like Dickinson @ 2.6

Reactions: Monsieur Verdoux

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
It's funny in one post, you use points total as your argument, while in your other post. you said Zacha is "is averaging about 40-45 points a season. His two worst seasons at age 19-20 he averaged about 28 points."
So which is it, points in a season or point per game? Or is it whatever suits your narrative at the moment? Last season, which was his best season, his pace was 0.7 P/GP which is on paced for 58 points. In every other season, his P/GP was never more 0.5 which would be "on pace" for 41 points a year.

You are saying Boeser only has 5 more points than Zacha, without acknowledging that's actually a difference of 0.49 P/GP vs a 0.64 P/GP.
41 points a year? So when I say he is averaging 40-45 would be correct? Lol Also I could factor in that Boeser is making more PPG. You are correct. But how many points would Zacha have if he got the #1PP time and played on a line regularly that consisted of miller and Peterson and not Boqvist and Vesey.

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
All about cap nowadays!!.. like OP says, Devils may not wanna pay Zacha
I doubt theyre going to trade him for an older, worse version of himself though lol

Dickenson would help us defensively 5v5.. and thats about it

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022
They will if it's a necessary evil in acquiring a bigger piece, but that's about the only way I see it.
Oh for sure, but hat certainly isnt how the tweet was worded

Made it seem like we'd be okay taking a pick back with him

Reactions: Forge

Rydev

Jan 14, 2022

Hes 26, he is what he is at this point

No need to be trading a 23yo with better offense for a 'chance' that a 26yo turns it on late in his career

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
None of this makes any sense and if anyone took a second and actually thought about it they'd understand it doesn't

The OP suggests the the Devils won't qualify Zacha, but are willing to pay Dickinson more money, this makes no sense at all, why would they be unwilling to pay less money for a player that has produced almost 100 career more points, while being 2 years younger?

This is 100% make believe, these 2 players may eventually be part of the same trade, but it won't be a 1-1 swap as their trade value isn't even close, no matter what silly math the OP does to try and make Zacha worse.

Reactions: Peter Sidorkiewicz

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
I know NJ has a fair amount of depth goalies right now and Blackwood isn't a sure thing to take over again as starter next year, but would one of Dipietro or Martin be of interest as an add to Dickinson? Martin would probably be a good option for rest of this year but Dipietro has more of an upside and is younger.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
I know NJ has a fair amount of depth goalies right now and Blackwood isn't a sure thing to take over again as starter next year, but would one of Dipietro or Martin be of interest as an add to Dickinson? Martin would probably be a good option for rest of this year but Dipietro has more of an upside and is younger.

The problem with a guy like Dipietro is that we don't really have a place to put him. Would have to go overseas, I guess. No point in putting him or a guy like Schmid or Daws in the ECHL. I'm not sure how much placement goes into making that sort of a decision.

Reactions: E D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad