Rumor: Canucks and Devils talking Zacha for Dickinson trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Dickenson is not an offensive player in which Zacha is supposed to be though.

and for an offensive player, Zacha averages 23 pts per season.

I dont think this is a massive win by any means for either team if the deal went through.

Where are your "23 points per season" coming from? His career pace is like 37.5 points per 82 games. Every single season has had him with 23 or more points, even with missing time regularly.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Dickenson is not an offensive player in which Zacha is supposed to be though.

I dont think this is a massive win by any means for either team if the deal went through.
Where the hell did you get that Zacha averages 23 points per season? Wtf . Maybe 23 goals.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
While it does look like he's an offensive blackhole on the Canucks, I expect Dickinson's numbers to improve on a different team. For some reason, offensive production for Canucks players is down overall with the exception of a select few.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Where are your "23 points per season" coming from? His career pace is like 37.5 points per 82 games. Every single season has had him with 23 or more points, even with missing time regularly.

Sorry i shouldnt have counted this season as it is not complete yet.

He averages 28 pts a year.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

I feel like you're being intentionally disingenuous here to try and talk down Zacha to make Dickinson for Zacha a fair deal.

Someone who gets 28 points in 63 games per year isn't the same as a player who gets 28 points in 82 games.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
for close to 3 mil a year though?

Well it's 2.625 for Dickinson and 2.25 for Zacha with RFA coming up.

A QO is useful if we're looking at a single year, but its about a 375,000 as an increase for Zacha over Dickinson as a worse case scenario.

I'd do 1 for 1, naturally, but I am curious what the additional piece(s) would be to even this out. The point output is 25-35 points versus 10-20 points with fewer games, and Zacha's offense is the selling point over Dickinson. I'm willing to add, but I don't think this is a good prospect or high pick is called for here. Any one have a suggestion?

EDIT: I'm just acknowledging the points versus points per game argument, as Dickinson has also yet to play a full season, playing roughly the same number of games over the last few seasons, and significantly fewer before that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland

That is pretty stupid cherry picking. Zacha's ppg numbers from the last three seasons:

2019–2020: 0.49 ppg / 40 point pace
2020–2021: 0.70 ppg / 57 point pace
2021–2022: 0.49 ppg / 40 point pace

Reactions: MakoSlade

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
You honestly want 23 pts a year for 3 mil a year on your team?

Zacha is what he is at this point in his career. He has played almost 400 games.

This has to be a troll... he has 23 points in 47 games this year. 35 in 50 (2020-2021), 32 in 65 (2019-2020), and 25 in 61 (2018-2019). His average pt/game in those year respectively is 0.49, 0.7, 0.49, 0.41.

I know nothing about the rest of his game but basic stat watching shows you're not even close even if you count his earlier seasons.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest

In what world is Zacha's 166 points in 363 games played 23 points per season?

Since moving from his 3rd line shutdown center role up to a top six wing role 2-1/2 years ago, he has 90 points in 162 games.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Canucks would add a considerable piece I'm sure.

One for One this would be a steal for the Canucks.

Theres no way the Canucks add a significant piece for Zacha.

Just keep Dickenson and keep the significant piece.

Why would they add a significant piece for a player that te Devils might walk away from for nothing in the summer

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver

You should quit while you’re behind rather than continually show your mathematical skills are not even at a grade 5 level.

Zacha has 166 points in 363 games in his career to date. 166/363 = 0.45730028 points per game

0.45730028 points per game x 82 games in a season = 37.4986226 points per season

now in math you always round up to the 2nd decimal so that’s 37.50. In hockey there’s no such thing as 0.5 points so round up and that’s 38 points a season. Even if you round down that’s 37. No idea how you’re getting 23 points, but however you are, you’re doing math wrong

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Why would they add a significant piece for a player that te Devils might walk away from for nothing in the summer

Ah, the stages of a HFBoards trade proposal:

1. Talk down the guy you want and talk up the guy you have
2. Say "we don't even want him anyway" when other fans say no

I think it will be close to a 1 for 1 deal or at most the Canucks throw in a 5th

That's because you're super overvaluing Dickinson and super undervaluing Zacha.

Last edited:

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Maybe cancuk math is different than regular math? one is not more right than the other

Last edited:

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I don't like Zacha at all and even I'd hate this.

Is it possible they just want to get him on a different team so if he goes to arbitration, the other team can walk away from the award and NJ can sign him as a UFA?

Or would NJ be eligible to sign him as a UFA if they themselves walked away from an arbitration award? Can't remember the rule there.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Ah, the stages of a HFBoards trade proposal:

1. Talk down the guy you want and talk up the guy you have
2. Say "we don't even want him anyway" when other fans say no

I'm not keen on chasing Zacha.

Id rather have Dickinson and keep a draft pick like a 2nd or 3rd or even 4th than Have Zacha at 3mil.

Thats just me though, dont know how others feel about Zacha.

If its Dickinson and a 5th or Dickinson 1 for 1 with Zacha then sure sign me up.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not keen on chasing Zacha.

Id rather have Dickinson and keep a draft pick like a 2nd or 3rd or even 4th than Have Zacha at 3mil.

Thats just me though, dont know how others feel about Zacha.

If its Dickinson and a 5th or Dickinson 1 for 1 with Zacha then sure sign me up.

And that would obviously never fly because that's a comically bad deal for New Jersey.

I don't get why people here try to play GM and say "I don't want the guy, but I'd pay XXX for him". What you'd want to pay for him is irrelevant, if he's traded to your team, he's going to go for fair value.

We know that Dickinson's value is a 3rd rounder based on his trade last off-season, and frankly that might be a generous estimate based on his play this year. We have a bunch of examples of guys like Zacha bringing back more than what you're throwing out. You might get Zacha for the equivalent of a 2nd and a meh prospect, but you're not getting him for less. I guarantee you someone else would pay that price for him.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016

I said considerable piece, like a 3rd or similar level prospect. I did not say the add is significant. I still don't see why the Devils would make that move though. Zacha is a far better player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad