Rumor: Canucks and Devils talking Zacha for Dickinson trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Do you really think that's a good offer?

It is not horrible. Isn't Lunqvist hold the SHL rookie scoring record that he recently set? That potential with him being a RHD could add something to our LACKluster PP. Add a 2nd round pick to that and it could turn out well for Vancouver but does sting to lose Boeser because when he is on he does have a knack for scoring just wish we could get him a bit faster of a skater but how often does a mid 20s aged player improve their skating if it hasn't already.....Maybe former Canucks 1st Brendan Gauce, I believe he just had a 3 point night for the Blue Jackets tonight, congrats to him!

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
It is not horrible. Isn't Lunqvist hold the SHL rookie scoring record that he recently set? That potential with him being a RHD could add something to our LACKluster PP. Add a 2nd round pick to that and it could turn out well for Vancouver but does sting to lose Boeser because when he is on he does have a knack for scoring just wish we could get him a bit faster of a skater but how often does a mid 20s aged player improve their skating if it hasn't already.....Maybe former Canucks 1st Brendan Gauce, I believe he just had a 3 point night for the Blue Jackets tonight, congrats to him!

I hope Gaunce can get it going, I was always pulling for him to put some kind of NHL career together.

But I just don't see the value in Lundkvist being worth, what should be, a top six forward. I also don't value picks nearly as much others on these board, given the normally low odds of a second round pick making the NHL as a regular in any capacity, but especially with our Brackett-less scouting department still not being rebuilt yet.

Our PP is awful, that we can agree on. But so is our PK, and even our five on five needs work. We need a rework, but I don't feel this is the return that is for the best.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Boeser + Dickinson for Zacha, McLeod, 2nd

I sure hope not.

As a Devils fan , I think you will be underwhelmed with that package to be honest

That's not a good value for you guys at all

Boeser will be dealt to NYR for Nils Lundkvist plus 2nd

I see that my offer was universally considered too low value, which is great news as a Nucks fan. But I just don’t see why we’d want Lindkvist or Smith as both are small, offense, left hand shot defenseman. I also don’t think NJD is going to give up their lottery pick this year or what could be a lottery pick next year. The 2nd is close to a late first. Finally, and most importantly, we are shipping out over 10 million in cap with two players for two players who will cost 4 to 5 million.

So if the value isn’t there, please add a 2023 2nd or 3rd buy don’t send over more players who don’t fit.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I see that my offer was universally considered too low value, which is great news as a Nucks fan. But I just don’t see why we’d want Lindkvist or Smith as both are small, offense, left hand shot defenseman. I also don’t think NJD is going to give up their lottery pick this year or what could be a lottery pick next year. The 2nd is close to a late first. Finally, and most importantly, we are shipping out over 10 million in cap with two players for two players who will cost 4 to 5 million.

So if the value isn’t there, please add a 2023 2nd or 3rd buy don’t send over more players who don’t fit.

I personally just don’t see a fit with Boeser to NJD, or, at least a good fit from a value back perspective. But, perhaps our management group sees things differently. I’d rather focus on something around Dickinson and Zacha if that is in fact what is being discussed.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
How do Devils fans rank their prospects
Untouchable:
Dawson Mercer (C/RW)
Luke Hughes (LD)
Alex Holtz (RW)

Value very highly, not likely to be available unless part of a package for a big piece:
Shakir Mukhamadullin (LD)
Arseni Gritsyuk (LW)

Valuable, probable NHLer:
Jesper Boqvist (C/LW)
Nolan Foote (LW)
Tyce Thompson (C/RW)
Kevin Bahl (LD)
Nikita Okhotiuk (LD)

Medium value, possible NHLer:
Mike Vukojevich (LD)
Graeme Clarke (RW)
Fabian Zetterlund (RW)
Reilly Walsh (RD)
Daniil Misyul (LD)

Still early in development but we're optimistic:
Case McCarthy (RD)
Patrick Moynihan (RW)
Zakhar Bardakov (LW)
Chase Stillman (RW)
Samu Salminen (C/LW)
Ethan Edwards (LD)
Nico Daws (G)
Akira Schmid (G)

Fringe prospect, NHL depth/career journeyman:
Colton White (LD)
Aarne Talvitie (LW)
Jaromir Pytlik (C)
Marian Studenic (RW)
Yegor Zaitsev (LD)

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I personally just don’t see a fit with Boeser to NJD, or, at least a good fit from a value back perspective. But, perhaps our management group sees things differently. I’d rather focus on something around Dickinson and Zacha if that is in fact what is being discussed.
I don't see the interest from NJ on Dickinson. PZ is a better player, younger .Is making the same as Dickinson and is a RFA. Could it be we're done with him in NJ, and we want to get something for him? Its the only way I see a trade for these two players.

As was noted in the OP:
-Offensive Blackhole
- Very good defensively especially 5 on 5
- Better winger than Centre imo
- Skates really well with good size at 6'2
- Would succeed as a shutdown checking winger

The first comment was "is that Dickinson's rap sheet or Zacha's!"

Fitz has interest in Garland and maybe Boeser, cant see it being Dickinson.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Dickinson is probably the cap dump NJ has to take back in order to make a larger trade (Boeser) work. VAN has a lot of medium term garbage contracts they need to dump and IMO Dickinson isn't a total negative to NJ - we have the flexibility to add him and could use some decent depth.

I don't think Zacha is the main piece in a Boeser trade either, for the record, but if VAN is interested in him specifically it makes sense he would be included. He's apparently run out of favor in NJ, so if someone sees value in him then by all means take him.

It would seem like the main piece would be Ty Smith (again, I don't know why VAN would be interested in him since they have a far superior version of him in Quinn, but the reporting seems credible).

They might be interested in Miles Wood too? He's another guy that outside fans seem to love but has proven to be an enigma in NJ. Currently recovering from hip surgery and his timeline is unclear, but VAN is basically out of the playoff race at this point so I'm not sure that really matters to them.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Dickinson is probably the cap dump NJ has to take back in order to make a larger trade (Boeser) work. VAN has a lot of medium term garbage contracts they need to dump and IMO Dickinson isn't a total negative to NJ - we have the flexibility to add him and could use some decent depth.

I don't think Zacha is the main piece in a Boeser trade either, for the record, but if VAN is interested in him specifically it makes sense he would be included. He's apparently run out of favor in NJ, so if someone sees value in him then by all means take him.

It would seem like the main piece would be Ty Smith (again, I don't know why VAN would be interested in him since they have a far superior version of him in Quinn, but the reporting seems credible).

They might be interested in Miles Wood too? He's another guy that outside fans seem to love but has proven to be an enigma in NJ. Currently recovering from hip surgery and his timeline is unclear, but VAN is basically out of the playoff race at this point so I'm not sure that really matters to them.

The reporting on Ty is that they think he's the best of our guys. If that's the case then if might make it even less likely a bigger deal gets done if the guy they think is the best doesn't even fit for them.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Untouchable:
Dawson Mercer (C/RW)
Luke Hughes (LD)
Alex Holtz (RW)

Value very highly, not likely to be available unless part of a package for a big piece:
Shakir Mukhamadullin (LD)
Arseni Gritsyuk (LW)

Valuable, probable NHLer:
Jesper Boqvist (C/LW)
Nolan Foote (LW)
Tyce Thompson (C/RW)
Kevin Bahl (LD)
Nikita Okhotiuk (LD)

Medium value, possible NHLer:
Mike Vukojevich (LD)
Graeme Clarke (RW)
Fabian Zetterlund (RW)
Reilly Walsh (RD)
Daniil Misyul (LD)

Still early in development but we're optimistic:
Case McCarthy (RD)
Patrick Moynihan (RW)
Zakhar Bardakov (LW)
Chase Stillman (RW)
Samu Salminen (C/LW)
Ethan Edwards (LD)
Nico Daws (G)
Akira Schmid (G)

Fringe prospect, NHL depth/career journeyman:
Colton White (LD)
Aarne Talvitie (LW)
Jaromir Pytlik (C)
Marian Studenic (RW)
Yegor Zaitsev (LD)

Very thorough, and easy to read. Thank you for this.

No Smith though? I guess he'd just be a throw in then. Kidding.

If we get a package with Mukhamadullin or Gritsyuk and someone further down the list, that would be a win for us(WalshWalshWalshWalshWalsh). Much more likely is that we get two pieces from that third group, say Bahl and Foote, for a package including Boeser.

I still don't think we're great trading partners when it comes to team needs, but the Devils have a fair few good prospects.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

If we get a package with Mukhamadullin or Gritsyuk and someone further down the list, that would be a win for us(WalshWalshWalshWalshWalsh). Much more likely is that we get two pieces from that third group, say Bahl and Foote, for a package including Boeser.

I still don't think we're great trading partners when it comes to team needs, but the Devils have a fair few good prospects.

It would be funny if Muk ended up there considering it was originally your pick

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta

Gritsyuk is slowly climbing his way into the next tier with Holtz and Luke. Kid is puttign up amazing numbers and is continuing to build on them . As in production better than Kuprizov and Panarin and the same age. A few players have done that though and ended up not amounting to much in the NHL but so far so good.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Gritsyuk is slowly climbing his way into the next tier with Holtz and Luke. Kid is puttign up amazing numbers and is continuing to build on them . As in production better than Kuprizov and Panarin and the same age. A few players have done that though and ended up not amounting to much in the NHL but so far so good.

Why do you think I want Gritsyuk, haha.

But since he wasn't in Afrothunder396's "untouchable" tier yet, I shot my shot.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
How do Devils fans rank their prospects

Different people like different guys once you get out of the top 5 or so, but Hughes / Holtz / Mookie / Gritsyuk would probably be the toppish 4 for the majority of people. Thompson may round out the top 5 for a lot.

After that, I'm bigger on Clarke and lower on Foote than a lot of people. Bahl and Okhotiuk are similar and both could easily have NHL careers as a defensive guys. I think a guy like Edwards is more interesting than a guy like Vukojevic. Walsh is a very interesting guy that seems to have some disparate values.

Reactions: Cogburn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad