Rumor: Canucks and Devils talking Zacha for Dickinson trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
If the only seasons with missed games were his last 2 shortened seasons, then sure, but they are not. He had 4 full 82 game seasons prior to that where he also missed games.

As for the Necas comparable - Necas has 3 seasons where he has improved his point totals each season (this season still unknown). In his 3 seasons in the league Necas has played in 94% of the Canes games, in Zacha's 6 seasons of full time play he has played in 86% of the Devils games, meaning he missed nearly 15% of the games over his career. If Necas' production stays where it is for the next 3 seasons, then yes he will be seen as a 40-45 point player. Necas hasn't had the opportunity to play a full 82 game slate. Zacha has. Did this really need to be explained?
My point is that Zacha isn't the same player he was 3 years ago. It's understandable if his point production wasn't good when he was 21-year-old.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I think this is part of a bigger deal. Jason Dickenson might just be the cap dump in this scenario since the devil's have so much.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Zacha is also 24 years old…. It’s not like he is closing in on 30 and is starting to decline. Also have to take i to account he has played on a totally shit roster his entire career. I don’t see him being at his peak already . Put him on a good team amd give him a reason to play and I think he can produce at decent rate. At least worth the 3 mil per. Dickinson is a replacement level player making 2.6 mil.No thanks on trading for him . You should be able to find that type of player for far less than that.
God I hope this isn’t just a Zacha for Dickinson trade.
Hoping like hell it’s Zacha and Dickinson as pieces in a trade where Boeser is coming to NJ.

I think it recency bias will also play a role if this trade goes through. Dickinson was a defensive/ shot blocking beast for Dallas on their cup run. Quite a few Stars players wanted them to trade Faksa instead of Dickinson.

I can see him having value for the Devils especially if the other option is to just walk away form Zacha this off-season.

At the end of the day I think the trade is

Zacha

for

Dickinson and a 4th

Reactions: CanuckCity

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
That's not going to happen. They trade him, not let him walk away without compensation.

exactly, and when other teams know this:

trade him or lose him for nothing,

Devils leverage is gone which makes it comical to think that Vancouver would give up a 2nd to get him.

I can see a contending team offering like a 4th or 5th for him at the TDL though, and then just not qualifying him in the off-season if said contending team is up against the cap.
but maybe Devils value someone like Dickinson more than a 4th or 5th.. i dunno

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I would honestly take a 7th rounder straight up for Dickinson and get rid of his cap space than attach a 4th with Dickinson and trade for Zacha.

In a perfect world, neither Dickinson nor Zacha would be on my team and instead i have 2.5- 3mil to spend elsewhere in making my team better.
Fair enough.

I just think Zacha is far better than you think. .5ppg for his career is nothing to scoff at.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I think boeser might be involved. Zacha++ for Boeser + Dickenson as cap dump.
It would be a loss for the Canucks new management team if they lose a player with Boeser's skill set for Zacha unless those ++'s are the actual trade pieces. Since we're providing 82 game paced stats Boeser is a 30+ goal scorer.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I think boeser might be involved. Zacha++ for Boeser + Dickenson as cap dump.

Could see this if :

1. Canucks have spoken to Miller and he has indicated he is willing to re-sign
2. the ++ is a big haul because Dickenson as 2.6 cap dump is not that significant and they would probably just not attach it with Boeser if it brings down his value.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Fair enough.

I just think Zacha is far better than you think. .5ppg for his career is nothing to scoff at.

Tanner Pearson has a similar .45 ppg average as Zacha and we scoff at him all the time.

I'd like to move away from the days of paying middle 6 forwards 3mil plus when guys like Highmore/Motte or dime a dozen players can do the same role for considerably less.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Jesus is this all it would take to acquire Zacha these days? Any interest from Devils in Jost or Compher instead?

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I would add a 3rd round pick at MOST for Zacha alongside Dickinson.

Canucks are not really in a position to give up picks at all... Zacha's probably worth a 2nd from a contender.

Wouldnt you rather just do a 3rd and Dickenson for a bag pucks trade and just get rid of Dickinson contract straight up rather than bringing in Zacha at 3mil?

Just have an ELC guy like Podkolzin or Lockwood or find another Motte/Highmore to play that middle 9 winger position and use that 2.6-3 mil savings and improve the team elsewhere like defence.

Why pay a 3rd round draft pick to obtain more salary for a player that wouldnt significantly improve out team or relieve us of cap space?

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
That and why would the Devils take on a mediocre player that’s overpaid to get rid of their former first round pick that is 24 years old. It would have to be a trade where Zacha is a piece involved for Dickinson plus ? With neither being the main piece (s)

cc

Feb 28, 2002
As a Canuck fan, while I acknowledge that Zacha has significantly move value than Dickinson who has been nothing more than a huge disappointment, I'm very underwhelmed about the prospect of acquiring Zacha on the team. He doesn't really address a need and I can see him evolving to a Sven Baertschi type player who was a bit of a reclamation project. For that reason alone, if it were me, I'd be reluctant to include a high pick for him in any trade... even if it was to get rid of Dickinson who I really want gone.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
As a Canuck fan, while I acknowledge that Zacha has significantly move value than Dickinson who has been nothing more than a huge disappointment, I'm very underwhelmed about the prospect of acquiring Zacha on the team. He doesn't really address a need and I can see him evolving to a Sven Baertschi type player who was a bit of a reclamation project. For that reason alone, if it were me, I'd be reluctant to include a high pick for him in any trade... even if it was to get rid of Dickinson who I really want gone.

exactly, best case scenario is neither dickinson or zacha is on the team and we have 3mil cap space instead and our draft picks.

Worst case scenario would be to add Zacha at 3 mil per season AND lose a draft pick asset. 4th round pick or better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad