Canes Offer Sheet KK (6.1 for 1 yr) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Absolutely very childish on his part. I could totally understand signing a multi year offer sheet, but a one year deal to troll the team that drafted you especially when you can't go two shifts without falling down.
Exactly !! That's the Big Baby Attitude. 20 pts in a season and he wants big money. Canes fans will have to watch him fall on his ass for this amount of money. Canes fans doesn't deserve that. That also tells a lot on the person and I guess he won't train as hard as others because he think he's so good already. MB got rid of Dano to make room for him and this how he stab a knife in his back. Great for him. Hope he'll enjoy his 6,1.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
Let them have him.
Sure ok, my point was just, he's not an ahole for signing, he got offered money he was never supposed to get, i find it hard to blame HIM is what im saying... The canes made it hard for him to refuse and they wanted to piss us off... Good on them but it's a shitty situation

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The Canes really have an inferiority syndrome.

They let Hamilton walk because he wants too much cash and then offer sheet KK at a ridiculous AAV. They are playing with fire by letting all their good D walk and now it sets a precedent for their forward core.

Seems like an expensive price for a petty move.
It's not just a petty move (though that's absolutely part of it.)

They just sent a message to the entire league: f*** with us and we'll bury you. It is absolutely the right thing to do. I'd have done it if I were them.

Just a brilliant move on their part.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
WoW! Did not see that coming. Caroline signed him for only one year... so by next year they can change his contract and Montreal lose a young player...
Caroline first round pick is going to be in the bottom... :(

We lose in both situation.With Weber, Price and maybe KK gone. We should go full rebuild.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Exactly !! That's the Big Baby Attitude. 20 pts in a season and he wants big money. Canes fans will have to watch him fall on his ass for this amount of money. Canes fans doesn't deserve that. That also tells a lot on the person and I guess he won't train as hard as others because he think he's so good already. MB got rid of Dano to make room for him and this how he stab a knife in his back. Great for him. Hope he'll enjoy his 6,1.
I can't blame him for signing the 6.1 but the $15 and $20 bonus which are obvious jabs to the Habs says a lot. I was hoping KK would come to camp as a beast and making sure the coaches play him by taking this opportunity as the 2C and running away with it. What a shame.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Tiny list but yes they exist.

Poor situation? Maybe now but MB can sign a nhler center or make a trade to get one. He can use that 1 and 3 round to get that center. You know all that. Your pleasure is bashing Mtl management for no reason. Borderline troll. This is the team that went to SCF in case you forgot.

Btw, are you still a fan of Alex G?

Oh yeah?

What top 6 C is available for a late 1st & 3rd right now?

What C is available for trade for less than that or JKO?

Lol... get real.

I'm a fan of competent execution. I'm a habs fan. When the two don't align, in my opinion, I post to that with grounded takes. What do you have to offer?

If this year's playoffs is the height of your aspirations, then power to you. Go on celebrating that finals appearance for years to come...

Jul 6, 2016
Bergevin has to match...21 years old...invested 3 years working with him. I am not a fan but he has to match.

He would do it for Suzuki or Caufield. Not for KK. Who was a super bad 3rd pick, and should had been kept in Finland for two more seasons.

And that is why it was so crucial to keep Danault to play on our second line.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Montreal will need to retaliate even if Bergy is gone,Molson will need to plot his next move against Canes...be it 1 yr or 3 yrs from now....
No,

Montreal does not need to retaliate. They should take this and learn from it. They f***ed up and this is the consequence. Let it go.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think he will walk and turn into a bad contract for the Hurricanes.

When is the last time an signed offer sheet turned into a good deal for the acquiring team.

I like KK but he ain’t worth 6.1 at all.

It's one year it can't really be a bad contract. If they make the playoffs they give a late first to see if a 3rd overall pick has what it takes over the next year and then have the opportunity to be the first to be able to extend him. That's a win-win situation for them unless they miss the playoffs and JK continue to be a 3rd line player.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
I get why KK would sign this. That being said, the 20$ to spite the Habs could’ve been avoided and the fact that KK saw it and signed it says a lot about his relationship with the organization.

let him walk, take the picks
True
Could have just left out the 20 and kept it professional.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This move was from the Canes owner.....as long as Molson owns Habs and Durdon owns Canes, Molson will need to Plan his next move against Canes regardless who is Gm in Montreal.
Not if we take our lumps and move on.

If we escalate and do something like this again, then it's a war. And I see no need to do this.

We started it, they get to finish it. Move on.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
No,

Montreal does not need to retaliate. They should take this and learn from it. They f***ed up and this is the consequence. Let it go.

I would retaliate with the power of a thousand suns. I would go to my hockey guys and say: alright guys, find me ten ways that we can hurt the Hurricanes with all the tools that our franchise provides. :D

Reactions: Gyfu

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Like Danault.:sarcasm:
Leave Danault alone. Ok, he's no genious offensivly but he's a genious defensivly. Always ends the season in the plus, facing the best lines. That reminds me when Mtl fans used to bash Gainey or Carbonneau. Danault is Gainey playing center position. Do I want a team filled only with Gainey players? No. Is it possible teams need players ala Gainey to win cups? Yes. A good team needs some of those to balance with the Lafleur-Lemaire-Shut.

Reactions: Gjman2019 and 1909

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
It's not just a petty move (though that's absolutely part of it.)

They just sent a message to the entire league: f*** with us and we'll bury you. It is absolutely the right thing to do. I'd have done it if I were them.

Just a brilliant move on their part.

Not sure if brilliant.

Let Nedjko go , Hamilton and sign DeAngelo.

Carolina throwing money at nothing rn
Their goalies are awful and expensive

They lost in playoffs twice due to goalies. Guess they never learn. But 6.1m at KK will fix things for them i guess

Reactions: viceroy

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Can't be. If we sign him, we can't deal him for one year.

That's part of what makes this move so awesome from Carolina's standpoint. We can't trade him, can't package him for Eichel, can't do anything but sign him or let him go. We're f***ed.

Eichel is not an option anymore with this move. JK would have been the main piece to acquire him. Now with him out of the equation we would need to empty our farm to acquire him probably.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Whoever get stuck with Kotkaniemi salary and his qualifying offer next summer will be the loser of this poker game. Even worse, this deal will kill the salary structure of the team who will sign him at price. 6,1 M$ for a guy who had a total of 8 points in 2019-2020? After that, half of his teamate will think that they worth more than that.

Personnally, after Kotkaniemi accepted an offer who s mostly a trolling attemp against Montreal, I don't want him anywhere near this team.
????

KK would be a UFA. He can sign wherever for whatever a team wants to pay. He's not going to hold out for 6 mil but he'll do better than he would've if he'd stayed and gotten bridged. No matter what he comes out a winner here.

Reactions: Doc McKenna and LaP

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I would retaliate with the power of a thousand suns. I would go to my hockey guys and say: alright guys, find me ten ways that we can hurt the Hurricanes with all the tools that our franchise provides. :D
I thought it was a bad move to do this for Aho. And I think it would be a bad move to retaliate.

It might feel good in the moment but there's zero upside to having an enemy in the league.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not sure if brilliant.

Let Nedjko go , Hamilton and sign DeAngelo.

Carolina throwing money at nothing rn
Their goalies are awful and expensive

They lost in playoffs twice due to goalies. Guess they never learn. But 6.1m at KK will fix things for them i guess
A brilliant MOVE.

I didn't say it was brilliant how they were running the team.

Eichel is not an option anymore with this move. JK would have been the main piece to acquire him. Now with him out of the equation we would need to empty our farm to acquire him probably.
Eichel is still an option for any team. KK simply wouldn't be the key ingredient. We'd trade them the first and third we got from Carolina, plus our first, plus... whatever else we're willing to give up.

Personally I think Eichel is too risky anyway, so I'm good not going after him. But without KK in the lineup our center depth is now non existent. If he goes we'll have to do something.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Absolutely very childish on his part. I could totally understand signing a multi year offer sheet, but a one year deal to troll the team that drafted you especially when you can't go two shifts without falling down.
He’ll be the first 6M dollar NHL player who can’t stay on his feet.

Reactions: Adriatic

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I thought it was a bad move to do this for Aho. And I think it would be a bad move to retaliate.

It might feel good in the moment but there's zero upside to having an enemy in the league.

I didn't mind the move for Aho but we should have made sure to get him. Should have given him a big number like 11, even 12.

But you are probably right about retaliation, it doesn't help anybody. Although I would be curious as to what we can do hypotetically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad