Canes Offer Sheet KK (6.1 for 1 yr) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Essentially KK holds the key on if its worth accepting.

If KK does not want to be with us or the canes he can easily ask for 1 year deals every year to force that QO min.

If he wants to be somewhere he can easily turn around and say he'll sign a long term deal at a fair value January 1st.

Problem is, you can't get that signed today. There's no guarantee and he has all the leverage.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Oh no. Sounds like Galchenyuk is haunting this board again. Alex have still fans here, I can't beleive it. Alex have done 5 teams including the team with the famous Sydney Crosby and recently the great Austin Matthews. Alex is done, done and done.
"Young talented player", this is how Alex Galchenyuk is quoted ad nauseam. There has never been a fault with Alex, nooooo! It was always management's fault. I guess management told Alex how to make white lines on a little mirror and ... oh come on!

There are young talented players who did well with this management, leave me alone with this bullshit. Most people don't like their boss and they work just fine, that's life! Life is not a day care center, grow up dude!

Really?
Which drafted players under MBs tenure have "done well here"?

It's a very tiny list. Is what it is.

Bottom line remains that our hockey team is in a poor situation created by our management.

Cyrrus147

Jul 3, 2006
Montreal
Whoever get stuck with Kotkaniemi salary and his qualifying offer next summer will be the loser of this poker game. Even worse, this deal will kill the salary structure of the team who will sign him at price. 6,1 M$ for a guy who had a total of 8 points in 2019-2020? After that, half of his teamate will think that they worth more than that.

Personnally, after Kotkaniemi accepted an offer who s mostly a trolling attemp against Montreal, I don't want him anywhere near this team.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
My question is, if we keep him, what do we give him next year if he has an average season?

I would like if we keep him that when he steps on the ice that the fans boo him. lol

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Whoever get stuck with Kotkaniemi salary and his qualifying offer next summer will be the loser of this poker game. Even worse, this deal will kill the salary structure of the team who will sign him at price. 6,1 M$ for a guy who had a total of 8 points in 2019-2020? After that, half of his teamate will think that they worth more than that.

Personnally, after Kotkaniemi accepted an offer who s mostly a trolling attemp against Montreal, I don't want him anywhere near this team.
Absolutely very childish on his part. I could totally understand signing a multi year offer sheet, but a one year deal to troll the team that drafted you especially when you can't go two shifts without falling down.

Jul 6, 2016
It's a lose-lose situation for the Habs. The team recent record of late 1st round picks is laughable. If they take the picks maybe we get another McCarron or Schebak

If they match they have to overpay this contract and the next qualifying offer barring a huge increase in production by Kotkaniemi. And they set a record for the Suzuki and Caufield contracts

If the Canes get him, they'll give him solid wingers and all the tools necessary and I'm sure he becomes a strong 2C. Meanwhile we look like grade A clowns with our freshly drafted future Scherbak. Maybe we trade the picks (and more) for this season's winner of the Max Domi regression award: Christian Dvorak

Bergevin got schooled

Carolina have already Aho, Trotchek and Necas ahead of KK. 6;1M$ for KK is ridiculous.

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
I cannot believe the f***ing little twerp signed it. Goodbye, then.

The main issue is that we cannot trade him for a year if we match. So we cannot trade for Eichel.
Wouldn't you?? 6.1M$ is hard to turn down, the real a$$hole here is the canes but they had every right, they just made an offer he couldn't refuse (nobody in their right mind would) for vengeance, this is the funny part, they grossly overpaid for the sake of retribution lmao

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Absolutely very childish on his part. I could totally understand signing a multi year offer sheet, but a one year deal to troll the team that drafted you. Bad taste.

BS. Why would he have any incentive to turn down money in the bank?

To show loyalty to a team that benched him for a lesser player in the cup finals?
To show faith in an organization where his boss showed tepid faith in him at best in the media?

MB set the table. Can't then blame players for weilding any available leverage in their favour.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
People are putting far too much value in the compensation you would get for a rental at the trade deadline over the extra year to see KKs progression and know more about what you have.

I would rather know what KK is in his 4th year and walk away from it then take the shoddy compensation and have him blossom elsewhere.

Carolina wants the player and their scouts are tops in the league. They tried to trade for him and if it was all pettiness and screwing us, they could have dropped it a couple hundred thousand and only propose a compensation of a 2nd.

I agree here. They for sure like him. Just take the hit, give him the icetime and see what you got. Handle it next year if you have to. I doubt the Canadiens let him walk unless the relationship is not salvageable at all. I also don't get what the Canes do with him when they get him. They have Aho, Trochek and Staal manning their lines.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
KK and the Habs have never seemed to be on the same page.

Ducharme benched him very late in the playoffs vs Tampa and I’m guessing he doesn’t think the new coach (like the old coach) has a ton of confidence in him, just wants to okay where he’s wanted.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Wouldn't you?? 6.1M$ is hard to turn down, the real a$$hole here is the canes but they had every right, they just made an offer he couldn't refuse (nobody in their right mind would) for vengeance, this is the funny part, they grossly overpaid for the sake of retribution lmao

Let them have him.

Reactions: viceroy

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Really?
Which drafted players under MBs tenure have "done well here"?

It's a very tiny list. Is what it is.

Bottom line remains that our hockey team is in a poor situation created by our management.
Tiny list but yes they exist.

Poor situation? Maybe now but MB can sign a nhler center or make a trade to get one. He can use that 1 and 3 round to get that center. You know all that. Your pleasure is bashing Mtl management for no reason. Borderline troll. This is the team that went to SCF in case you forgot.

Btw, are you still a fan of Alex G?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
BS. Why would he have any incentive to turn down money in the bank?

To show loyalty to a team that benched him for a lesser player in the cup finals?
To show faith in an organization where his boss showed tepid faith in him at best in the media?

MB set the table. Can't then blame players for weilding any available leverage in their favour.

MB and the hockey guys certainly didn't show faith in him. We have seen it before with MB, he has his favorites and his black sheeps. He was the same with PK.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Essentially KK holds the key on if its worth accepting.

If KK does not want to be with us or the canes he can easily ask for 1 year deals every year to force that QO min.

If he wants to be somewhere he can easily turn around and say he'll sign a long term deal at a fair value January 1st.

Problem is, you can't get that signed today. There's no guarantee and he has all the leverage.
KK hit the jackpot there's no doubt about it... I hope Dundon is happy.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Absolutely very childish on his part. I could totally understand signing a multi year offer sheet, but a one year deal to troll the team that drafted you especially when you can't go two shifts without falling down.
it's childish to take a payday that's at least 2x bigger than he would have had in the best case scenario at the moment?

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I mean... again; LOL.

The funny thing in all of that is that the Canes and their fans think they're putting US in an impossible situation.

Man. Kotkaniemi at 6.1M for them to play behind Aho Trocheck and Staal on their 4th line is all kinds of ridiculous. It's an offersheet they put together just to f*** us up. I say, let's take the picks. Let them enjoy Bambi and let's move them for a Monohan, Eichel or Dvorak.

Kotkaniemi is not worth f***ing our cap structure over.

It gets us in some undesirable spot, for sure. But Kotkaniemi is not an irreplacable piece. Pretty far from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad