Canes Offer Sheet KK (6.1 for 1 yr) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
LW, 3rd line with J Staal and Fast
And PP time

And groom him to take Staal's spot once he retires

Isn’t that the point of Necas on the wing? So he can eventually become the C that they drafted?

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
?
7/11 & pro hockey are very different.

The reason hockey players/athletes in big money pro sports make millions is that very few human beings can do what they do.

The "bosses" in hockey are far more replaceable than the top employees.
Would Gallagher of signed an offer sheet? Probably not. So yeah, there’s a difference but there are still players who have a certain loyalty.

I don’t blame KK for signing, he would’ve be stupid not to at that price. The 20$ is a bit childish and could of been avoided and to me, shows a lot.

But yeah, thanks for explaining to me how difficult it was to be a pro athlete. I really didn’t realize it was difficult and not attainable for most people…..

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Who cares if he deserves it or not. They get pampered no matter what. All it takes is one GM willing to bring the dough.
Who cares? That’s the whole point. If the Habs care enough they’ll match if not he’s gone…the world keeps turning and we move in a different direction…

Reactions: Sterling Archer

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Seems awful if you ask me , Carolina made shit moves this off-season , Kk doesn't make any sense

Maybe they like him a lot as a prospect though, who knows? He was seen as kind of a project at the draft and a lot agree that he was rushed and mismanaged by Montreal.

In Carolina he'll be better surrounded and have elite teammates (if not linemates) to learn from. Plus, it's one year. For them they might like trading their most likely late first and a 3rd for a 21 years old prospect like KK.

BUT in all likelihood MB has his hands tied and must sign Kotkaniemi. Seems like he (mb) wants to leave anyway at seasons end so who knows maybe he let KK walk and plugs Poehling in instead

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Says a lot about how poorly the management builds relationships with young talented players... frequent pattern since 2012
Oh no. Sounds like Galchenyuk is haunting this board again. Alex have still fans here, I can't beleive it. Alex have done 5 teams including the team with the famous Sydney Crosby and recently the great Austin Matthews. Alex is done, done and done.
"Young talented player", this is how Alex Galchenyuk is quoted ad nauseam. There has never been a fault with Alex, nooooo! It was always management's fault. I guess management told Alex how to make white lines on a little mirror and ... oh come on!

There are young talented players who did well with this management, leave me alone with this bullshit. Most people don't like their boss and they work just fine, that's life! Life is not a day care center, grow up dude!

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Maybe they like him a lot as a prospect though, who knows? He was seen as kind of a project at the draft and a lot agree that he was rushed and mismanaged by Montreal.

In Carolina he'll be better surrounded and have elite teammates (if not linemates) to learn from. Plus, it's one year. For them they might like trading their most likely late first and a 3rd for a 21 years old prospect like KK.

BUT in all likelihood MB has his hands tied and must sign Kotkaniemi. Seems like he (mb) wants to leave anyway at seasons end so who knows maybe he let KK walk and plugs Poehling in instead

Perhaps they like him but the decisions they made this off-season were awful and 1 of the worst team overall. He would be better surrounded in Carolina overall but they made such dumb moves...

Bergevin painted himself in a corner when he traded for Staal.
Kk healthy scratch.

He did the same with Romanov and Caufield.

Bergevin is completely lost and he needs to be fired already

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Isn’t that the point of Necas on the wing? So he can eventually become the C that they drafted?

It's a good problem to have isn't it?

Trochek's contract is up at the end of the year. Staal at the end of next year. Maybe Necas replaces Trocheck next year, Kotkaniemi replaces Staal in 2 years?

idk too much about the Canes situation/system but I'm sure too many you g C'a is not an issue.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

United35

Jan 16, 2021
This move was from the Canes owner.....as long as Molson owns Habs and Durdon owns Canes, Molson will need to Plan his next move against Canes regardless who is Gm in Montreal.

Personally if I’m Molson I send a nice bottle to Dundon
and pray he doesn’t do the same with Suzuki/Caufield.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I cannot believe the f***ing little twerp signed it. Goodbye, then.

The main issue is that we cannot trade him for a year if we match. So we cannot trade for Eichel.
Would you take 2.3m for 2 years or 6.1m for a year in a better team that actually wants you since Bergevin been trying to trade KK in the last days
Can't blame KK for that

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Take the picks and make an offer for Eichel.

You can’t go into a trade with your hat in your hand, and on your knees begging. The Sabres would bend the Habs over in any kind of deal and they’d be right to do so…. When your second line center choice is one of Poehling, Evans or Paquette…. You have absolutely no position of power.

This may be the start of an all new “retool,” one that could start with a Bergevin replacement, and end with guys like Price, Chiarot, Gallagher, and others dealt for picks and prospects (assuming Kotkaniemi’s allowed to walk).

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Would Gallagher of signed an offer sheet? Probably not. So yeah, there’s a difference but there are still players who have a certain loyalty.

I don’t blame KK for signing, he would’ve be stupid not to at that price. The 20$ is a bit childish and could of been avoided and to me, shows a lot.

But yeah, thanks for explaining to me how difficult it was to be a pro athlete. I really didn’t realize it was difficult and not attainable for most people…..

The signing bonus is irrelevant to jko... 6.1M vs whatever bridge offer mb likely made is a no Brainer for him.

Loyalty? As MB clearly established, is for dogs...

Can't fault the player for playing by the rules our inept gm established

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad