Canes Offer Sheet KK (6.1 for 1 yr) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

holy

Demigod
May 22, 2017
Lol.. I bet you doubt the Habs less and yet...

I bet you all my vcash that Carolina finishes ahead of the Habs in the league wide standings
I’m down to take your vcash fo sho fo sho.

And nah I don’t doubt my team, I know what’s coming. This shit is a little sideshow.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Yes, yes. The famous "late 1st round pick" tag that everyone puts on this pick as if the 2022 draft order has been established already. Let's see where it goes before we qualify the draft pick. The Sens didn't know the Sharks were going to shit the bed as soon as they acquired Karlsson. Sens were willing to accept a late 1st round pick for their franchise player. But the Sharks ended up going down the toilet and Sens ended up with Stutzle at 4th overall.

And even if it's a late 1st round pick. If Habs don't use it in a trade, they can head into next year's draft with two 1st round picks. Does that sound bad to you?

If they match to keep KK, they match and keep KK. But if they don't match and get a 1st round pick, let's not act like all of a sudden, a 1st round pick is worthless.

well said, and 2 first , if they keep, is how you can move into the top 5 if the opportunity arise

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Carolina got shellacked as we did by Tampa. If not for their wonderkid in nets, it would have ended in 4. Not close at all to a cup.

It’s okay, they got playoff warrior Frederick Andersen in net now to really push them over the top :laugh:

Reactions: Redux91

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Lol.. I bet you doubt the Habs less and yet...

I bet you all my vcash that Carolina finishes ahead of the Habs in the league wide standings

Totally agree, their top6 is pretty solid.

Slavin-Pesce
Skjei-Deangelo
Coles-Bear

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
So I didn't like Danault, but we just let him walk and might let Kotkaniemi walk now too?? Wow only you Bergevin can pull this one off
I did not like danault, but had KK signed this deal on first day of free agency, then danault would be back at 6.5 million per

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Yes, yes. The famous "late 1st round pick" tag that everyone puts on this pick as if the 2022 draft order has been established already. Let's see where it goes before we qualify the draft pick. The Sens didn't know the Sharks were going to shit the bed as soon as they acquired Karlsson. Sens were willing to accept a late 1st round pick for their franchise player. But the Sharks ended up going down the toilet and Sens ended up with Stutzle at 4th overall.

And even if it's a late 1st round pick. If Habs don't use it in a trade, they can head into next year's draft with two 1st round picks. Does that sound bad to you?

If they match to keep KK, they match and keep KK. But if they don't match and get a 1st round pick, let's not act like all of a sudden, a 1st round pick is worthless.
Think third time would be a charm for a top 5 pick for Montreal if they did turn in to a lottery pick?? Lol only Habs could downgrade a 3rd overall pick the way we do

Reactions: calder candidate

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It won’t be late. Canes aren’t getting out of the first round, if they even make the playoffs.

I'd probably expect the Carolina pick to be in the 20s.

The best chance at them slipping up would be in goal. They have brought in two new guys in Andersen, and rantaa... Both of whom have injury concerns, and are coming off bad seasons, but I think the rest of the roster looks pretty good and should survive any goalie concerns at least in the regular season.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Totally agree, their top6 is pretty solid.

Slavin-Pesce
Skjei-Deangelo
Coles-Bear
That's solid? Slavin-Pesce is an awesome duo. Skjei hasn't lived up to his hype at all, he's got IQ flaws. Even if Deangelo doesn't miss a beat offensively after not playing for a year, he was a trainwreck defensively to the point where the Rangers wanted to play him as a forward. Cole-Bear is a solid 3rd pair. It's pretty average in my opinion.

Reactions: tazsub3

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
That's solid? Slavin-Pesce is an awesome duo. Skjei hasn't lived up to his hype at all, he's got IQ flaws. Even if Deangelo doesn't miss a beat offensively after not playing for a year, he was a trainwreck defensively to the point where the Rangers wanted to play him as a forward. Cole-Bear is a solid 3rd pair. It's pretty average in my opinion.

Average? Their first pair in pretty solid at both end of the ice and DeAngelo is a solid puck moving defenceman who is pair with one of the best skating defenceman in the league who can still chip over 25 pts per season. Ian Cole is great in his own zone and I would have gladly sign him this summer. Bear was playing on Edmonton 2nd pair and now he's going to play as a 6th role which I like.

To add to this they have a great top6 forward with 2 great forward prospect in Jarvis and Drury.

Only question mark is in net with Andersen and Raanta

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Wouldn't he remain an RFA after this year even if the Canes get him?

I don't think so. They would have to qualify him at 6 mil. There is also another clause floating around which says that he can be offered 5 mil next year without losing his rights but I dont know exactly how that works.

Reactions: Gravity

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
If we match, I hope for Kotkaniemi's sake that he's ready beause he will need to live up to that contract.

If Kotkaniemi is a 6M player, what's Suzuki's worth ?

I mean what's a realistic season for KK next year ? 40-45 pts ?

I believe he could hit 50 with Gallagher and Hoffman.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Average? Their first pair in pretty solid at both end of the ice and DeAngelo is a solid puck moving defenceman who is pair with one of the best skating defenceman in the league who can still chip over 25 pts per season. Ian Cole is great in his own zone and I would have gladly sign him this summer. Bear was playing on Edmonton 2nd pair and now he's going to play as a 6th role which I like.

To add to this they have a great top6 forward with 2 great forward prospect in Jarvis and Drury.

Only question mark is in net with Andersen and Raanta
First pair is great but they won't put up great offensive numbers. DeAngelo is a liability defensively. Playing on Edmonton's 2nd pair isn't saying much, they also wanted to move on from him because he got exposed in the playoffs.

Their forwards are great, nobody denied that.

Goaltending seems below average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad