Canes Offer Sheet KK (6.1 for 1 yr) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Well he was never going to BE McDavid nor ever be in a package to GET McDavid lol
Hey I love KK but the only thing he has in common with McDavid is the matching printing of the brand of McDavids elbowpad on KK's cheek lol

I'm just saying we would need a elite talent like that to be close to making the 'yoffs this year. Our next 2 first round picks should be treated like two of the more valuable commodities in the league.

This defense won't survive.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I think this is a pretty good indication that Kotkaniemi wants out. Lots of talk about Carolina and Montreal's back and forth, but I think the real issue lies in KK's relationship with Habs management. It's one thing to try and cash in, another to sign a blatantly hostile offer sheet with a sassy signing bonus - this isn't just business. Never should have gotten to this position and I have a hard time seeing KK and management reconciling this. For that reason, I think the Habs should move on and take the picks, even if it means scrambling to find a top-6 center (which we probably should be doing anyway, but oh well).

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I have been working on getting my garage ready for hockey. Wood burning stove, stereo, 60 inch tv, habs stanley cup banner on the wall, vintage habs jersey hung 'just so'...I forgot the popcorn maker for watching this trainwreck team. I may have found one that matches the way we are run. :popcorn:

images

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah but you seem to be hung up on the money but when you look at 5.5m for Drouin that lasts for, what, another 2 seasons? We already have worse in house with no upside vs. giving up on a young center with size right at probably the most critical year of determining what path said player is on.

Drouin has not lived up to his contract. That is the truth. But when he was signed to his 6-year @ $5.5M contract, he had 95 pts in 164 GP after 3 seasons. KK in his 1-year @ $6.1M contract has put up 62 pts in 171 GP after 3 seasons.

If Habs do match (which I'm not against because I like KK), do you think it will do the kid any favors if he's at that cap hit and his season doesn't go as well as we all hope?

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I'm sure the feeling was mutual. Playing with Anderson must suck, literally never get a pass and have someone who f***s up every defensive coverage he's a part of.. the only way to get him the puck is a bounce pass or a flip pass.
You won't see many return passes thats for sure.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I'm sure the feeling was mutual. Playing with Anderson must suck, literally never get a pass and have someone who f***s up every defensive coverage he's a part of.. the only way to get him the puck is a bounce pass or a flip pass.

As opposed to playing with Bambi that falls every shift or holds on to the puck too long only to lose it?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Not surprised nobody wanted to play with KK. The dude can't pass the puck or drive the net he's weak along the boards and he's losing his balance all the time.

Reactions: tazsub3

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Drouin has not lived up to his contract. That is the truth. But when he was signed to his 6-year @ $5.5M contract, he had 95 pts in 164 GP after 3 seasons. KK in his 1-year @ $6.1M contract has put up 62 pts in 171 GP after 3 seasons.

If Habs do match (which I'm not against because I like KK), do you think it will do the kid any favors if he's at that cap hit and his season doesn't go as well as we all hope?

Yes and no.

It will do him a favor in that, for once in his career, he will get the ice-time, deployment and wingers to actually play his game, have favorable opportunities and learn consistency.

And no the cap hit doesn't do him any favors but let's be honest, the Kotkaniemi thread is a toxic mess of bullshit that I put on ignore every time. The money isn't going to make it any more critical than it has been because he was a 3rd overall pick who didn't immediately contribute at a 1C level (which was never going to be the case). Ultimately, I don't think it can get much worse for him from the fans but that's because our fan base legitimately sucks.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
So I didn't like Danault, but we just let him walk and might let Kotkaniemi walk now too?? Wow only you Bergevin can pull this one off

Reactions: dcyhabs

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Cap for 21-22 is 82.5. 10% is 8,25. Herego, it's 90.75

New fiscal year starts at FA BTW.
I'm like 90% sure it's still 81.5 for 21-22 and increases the year after. Either way it would be fine, they'd be able to find a taker for Chiarot or just do a paper transaction to send Evans/Romanov to the AHL or something if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad