Canes Offer Sheet KK (6.1 for 1 yr) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
You do know there's a 10% cushion on the cap until the season starts, while also not having to submit a cap compliant roster until the last week of training camp?

They can match. Stop repeating BS you read on FB.
They genuinely can't at this moment, they realistically can/likely will but they will have to clear salary first since Byron/Weber aren't on LTIR in the offseason so matching the contract puts them above the 10% buffer.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Suzuki? Danault ? Say why you want nuts he’s acquired more quality centres than any of the prior Gms. And fluke or not he acquired a 70 point Center, don’t discredit when you ask for an example lmao
Bold statement that facts don't recreate.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
They genuinely can't at this moment, they realistically can/likely will but they will have to clear salary first since Byron/Weber aren't on LTIR in the offseason so matching the contract puts them above the 10% buffer.

They don't have to submit a lineup until October.

10% cushion puts the cap at 90,75

Habs are at 84

There's 6,75 of space

Reactions: Mandala

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
hum... this one is a mysterious one

I always thought the no-brainer move was to put Evans with the speedy North-South Byron and Anderson, and put KK with the slow cycling/puck possession Perry and Armia, replacing putrid Staal. But there seems to be more to the story?

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I don’t fault KK for signing the offer sheet, I’d have done the same thing if it guarantees that increase in salary whilst playing for a dynamic team like the Canes. What irks me is he agreed to that $20 signing bonus. How could he sign that knowing that he might stay in Montreal..
Because he doesn't want to stay. And if you check the polls 3/4 of people think he won't.

He is thinking" I want this new opportunity and the pay is awesome!" The habs management has pissed all over the kid, of course you say kiss my ass and leave with a middle finger. Its more reason for them not to try to match. You insulted Bergevins ego, he won't have that.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Because he doesn't want to stay. And if you check the polls 3/4 of people think he won't.

He is thinking" I want this new opportunity and the pay is awesome!" The habs management has pissed all over the kid, of course you say kiss my ass and leave with a middle finger. Its more reason for them not to try to match. You insulted Bergevins ego, he won't have that.
i like your imagination, you should write a book or a movie script; "one shade of grey "

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
some have speculated on this but i wonder how much of this has to do with caufield and suzuki given more leash than him, and of course the Eichel rumours. Looking back now, it was a terrible idea to rush him. Whether one agrees or not, He definitely feels disrespected and untrusted.
Being benched, pretty much always getting lame linemates, low ball offers from MB and ya Eichel rumours have affected kk I gotta think. Problem is he hasn’t been consistent enough to deserve those things and especially that contract. He’s added a crap load of pressure tho signing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad