Canes Offer Sheet KK (6.1 for 1 yr) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Suzuki? Danault ? Say why you want nuts he’s acquired more quality centres than any of the prior Gms. And fluke or not he acquired a 70 point Center, don’t discredit when you ask for an example lmao
When did Danault become an offensive center? Suzuki he fell into ass backwards.
Don't credit him for one fluke season of Domi at 71 points if you don't like being corrected "lmao".

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
When did Danault become an offensive center? Suzuki he fell into ass backwards.
Don't credit him for one fluke season of Domi at 71 points if you don't like being corrected "lmao".
Danault was an example of a Center since the offensive Center example I gave didn’t satisfy… be mad al you want, MB is one of the better gms we have had in a long time

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Danault was an example of a Center since the offensive Center example I gave didn’t satisfy… be mad al you want, MB is one of the better gms we have had in a long time

It's true, it's just not a positive statement. The habs have money, tradition, access, and they've been mediocre since '93. So few high draft picks, so few deep cup runs.

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
It's true, it's just not a positive statement. The habs have money, tradition, access, and they've been mediocre since '93. So few high draft picks, so few deep cup runs.
This is true as well. Fans just like to polarize so much they can’t be rational

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
:laugh:

I'm in the camp of preferring to take the picks and go acquire a center. So hearing Lalonde say he thinks they won't match is good with me. For those wondering, he's only sharing his opinion. He's not saying it as some kind of inside info.

My only saving grace for all of this is people keep getting the "just let him walk" statement completely wrong, this isnt a UFA in need of a contract, and if you dont want to you can just "let him walk - lose player for nothing" , no KK HAS the contract, AND there IS compensation in the form of a 1st and 3rd round pick no less
We didnt get anything for Tatar, we didnt get anything for TONS of UFA's we've "let walk"

So losing KK would be devastating for my long term outlook of the team ...it could also be much worse than NOT getting TWO picks and one of them being a 1st rounder - whether we use picks to obtain a real top 6 center, or whether we outright use both 1st round draft picks and somehow strike oil with any of them

No matter WHAT , we need a real top 6 Center, and that statement was true even before this KK mess and him on the team and potentially in line to BE 2nd line C, there was 0 guarantee KK got over the hump as early as next year even

My biggest problem is, people seem to be locked into trading for a top 6 C with what we have, but it would of been MUCH better trying to trade for a top 6 in a package revolving AROUND KK himself, as there was sure to be interest

Now whatever package we offer will have no KK, but maybe an extra 1st, all depends on how teams view the value of all these pieces

(Basically, now we also REALLY NEED Poehling to pan out...where as 2 days ago it was "wouldnt it be cool if poehling became an NHLer even", ugh lol)

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I hope MB does not have a long leash. Last offseason was great, this one looks bad. Letting him make big, risky moves to try to salvage it would probably lead to a lottery pick that we've already traded to another team.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I hope MB does not have a long leash. Last offseason was great, this one looks bad. Letting him make big, risky moves to try to salvage it would probably lead to a lottery pick that we've already traded to another team.

This is the biggest thing that people who are in the "dont match" category aren't calculating.. they are still using the cup run as some barometer that we are right there, when in reality, we are, with/without KK, and with/without a trade for another center - a fringe team that is more likely to end up with a franchise player from this draft than they are to make the play-offs.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This is the biggest thing that people who are in the "dont match" category aren't calculating.. they are still using the cup run as some barometer that we are right there, when in reality, we are, with/without KK, and with/without a trade for another center - a fringe team that is more likely to end up with a franchise player from this draft than they are to make the play-offs.

With that being said, I still don't match if it were up to me.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
With that being said, I still don't match if it were up to me.

Yeah but you seem to be hung up on the money but when you look at 5.5m for Drouin that lasts for, what, another 2 seasons? We already have worse in house with no upside vs. giving up on a young center with size right at probably the most critical year of determining what path said player is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad