Canes Offer Sheet KK (6.1 for 1 yr) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I think he will walk and turn into a bad contract for the Hurricanes.

When is the last time an signed offer sheet turned into a good deal for the acquiring team.

I like KK but he ain’t worth 6.1 at all.

True... but they are only on the hook for 1 year.

If he bombs AND they fall apart (so the pick is top 10 instead of bottom 10), then it hurts them... but if he is makes even decent strides (in a setting where the team likely invests in his success vs yoyo him as we have) and/or the canes are a top 10-12 team as they are largely projected to be (pre JKO), than it's a great bet for them...

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I’d like to see him go just to see how the Canes deal with having a bottom 6 player taking that much cap.
The Canes really have an inferiority syndrome.

They let Hamilton walk because he wants too much cash and then offer sheet KK at a ridiculous AAV. They are playing with fire by letting all their good D walk and now it sets a precedent for their forward core.

Seems like an expensive price for a petty move.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Galchenyuk is coming back home babyyyyyyy!
You end your post with babyyyyyyy like when I end with lol.
Do you think Bergevin want a team with Zuki-Evans-Paquette-Poehling at center?
He have no choice, he will have to deal to get a center.
Some posters here think he's more stupid than he really is. This is the gm who signed Toffoli, Anderson, Edmunston, Perry and Allen. And the gm of the team that went to the SCF.

Making fun at someone, making him to be the clown of the village make people feel they are greater.

Reactions: TheFalk and 1909

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Sorry but it’s a business. It’s not high school hockey. You don’t like the boss? Fine, that’s life.

?
7/11 & pro hockey are very different.

The reason hockey players/athletes in big money pro sports make millions is that very few human beings can do what they do.

The "bosses" in hockey are far more replaceable than the top employees.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
People are putting far too much value in the compensation you would get for a rental at the trade deadline over the extra year to see KKs progression and know more about what you have.

I would rather know what KK is in his 4th year and walk away from it then take the shoddy compensation and have him blossom elsewhere.

Carolina wants the player and their scouts are tops in the league. They tried to trade for him and if it was all pettiness and screwing us, they could have dropped it a couple hundred thousand and only propose a compensation of a 2nd.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Lol, you don’t understand the dynamics. If you don’t pamper the players they go elsewhere to be pampered.
In this case only cause they found a spiteful interfering owner . And history has shown interfering owners send their teams to the bottom of their leagues

Reactions: viceroy

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The Canes really have an inferiority syndrome.

They let Hamilton walk because he wants too much cash and then offer sheet KK at a ridiculous AAV. They are playing with fire by letting all their good D walk and now it sets a precedent for their forward core.

Seems like an expensive price for a petty move.

The inferiority complex extends to their social media team. It was already lame to see NHL social media accounts try so hard to be funny and edgy but now they are all in on this revenge offersheet. It’s honestly pathetic.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The inferiority complex extends to their social media team. It was already lame to see NHL social media accounts try so hard to be funny and edgy but now they are all in on this revenge offersheet. It’s honestly pathetic.

Montreal will need to retaliate even if Bergy is gone,Molson will need to plot his next move against Canes...be it 1 yr or 3 yrs from now....

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I think he will walk and turn into a bad contract for the Hurricanes.

When is the last time an signed offer sheet turned into a good deal for the acquiring team.

I like KK but he ain’t worth 6.1 at all.

It is one year. There’s nights and stretches where he’s the best player on the ice. I think he was worth more than Byron and Hoffmann but I doubt MB wanted to pay him more than 3.

MB has a tough, tough decision and the owner must be f***ing pissed. I would fire him over this with all his antics the last couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad