Canes Offer Sheet KK (6.1 for 1 yr) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
As much as I love KK (have 30 some figurines of him pre covid unopened) loll

I still would let him walk..

Now.. 2 1st picks in a deep draft apparently up to what? 10-15 first players are suppose to be very good picks from what I ear?

Few possibilities here..

Canes can have a bad year.. Average goalies.. Maybe one of their stars gets injured? Who knows.. At best we what? Get a lottery pick? At worse we get the 20th pick? No way Canes go to the finals and not even third round..

That being said.. You can always trade your 2 first to move up in the first 10 ranked? All depends on where we fall and were Canes fall but still.. Alot of possibilities that can actually turn out great for us..

You don't mess with the salary structure.. And you don't need Weber's money to pay KK.. That's an other thing.. And than next year around your stuck with the same problem..

Don't know but if I'm Berg.. he walks that's it!

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Bergevin fiasco*
Burningbin got played for being a cocky SOB last year to the canes and actually helping them. But the threat was real. Hilarious people are calling KK a traitor and every name under the sun, but in reality this is not the first player from the habs that left this organization in a strange fashion. Not even the first player this season. We don't have perry, we don't have staal, we don't have danault. We can go back to the radulov/markov year. This guy hates to do an honest deal. Either he low bridges you like subban while over paying for other peoples vets, or he doesn't even bother to give a respectable contract, or even answer the phone at all. As markov mentioned in his interview.

Total clown GM. This erases all the good will he could have earned from last season as he got played by KK and Danault this year. Want to coddle danault, and bench your rookies...welp there is a price to pay, if you make PD your goto center and then don't pay him, there is a price to pay...hilarious.

My hope is Molson finally smartens up and fires the moron he has let run this team for a decade.

Garbox

Feb 27, 2016
Finland
The way I see it, if Bergevin has a surefire 2C he knows he can get, he'll let KK go. And rightfully so, as KK at this point is far from a safe bet. But if not, he's kinda forced to match.

On the Canes' end this might be a move to prepare for trading Trocheck (as his contract is about to end... didn't check any clauses) and/or Staal.

For KK, he just got a reminder that life can be short and you never know about tomorrow. One concussion and his career can be over. That 6M will make sure he doesn't have to work for a day and still live a good life. 2M, with a good investment plans, maybe, but there's a difference. Plus he maybe gets to go into Brindamour's coaching that is known to be good for young players. Maybe their gameplan suits him better too? I don't know.

If MTL matches, KK can be sure they're invested in him.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
KK skating style will not allow him to succeed in the NHL. Same with his release. It’s not changing it’s his hockey DNA. Take the picks

Reactions: FinnHab and Maliki2

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Burningbin got played for being a cocky SOB last year to the canes and actually helping them. But the threat was real. Hilarious people are calling KK a traitor and every name under the sun, but in reality this is not the first player from the habs that left this organization in a strange fashion. Not even the first player this season. We don't have perry, we don't have staal, we don't have danault. We can go back to the radulov/markov year. This guy hates to do an honest deal. Either he low bridges you like subban while over paying for other peoples vets, or he doesn't even bother to give a respectable contract, or even answer the phone at all. As markov mentioned in his interview.

Total clown GM. This erases all the good will he could have earned from last season as he got played by KK and Danault this year. Want to coddle danault, and bench your rookies...welp there is a price to pay, if you make PD your goto center and then don't pay him, there is a price to pay...hilarious.

My hope is Molson finally smartens up and fires the moron he has let run this team for a decade.
Most of us have said, for years.......MB is in over his head....and now this...he should just walk away, he seems to have checked out, and has never been accused of being a smart GM.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Meanwhile in Bergevin's office...

7IiG.gif

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Whiners and losers would want to leave……a winner will tell himself he’s got to be better if he wants to stay in the lineup and double his efforts.
This..........belongs in the JD thread right?
lol
KK should not have been taken out, there were others, who easily could have sat, instead of the kid that scored the OT winner, that helped seal the series vs the Leafs.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
In this case only cause they found a spiteful interfering owner . And history has shown interfering owners send their teams to the bottom of their leagues
Explains why we haven't placed better than lower half in half a decade(the one year we did we told Markov and Radulov to leave while trading another russian for a head case).

Reactions: EXPOS123

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Perhaps they like him but the decisions they made this off-season were awful and 1 of the worst team overall. He would be better surrounded in Carolina overall but they made such dumb moves...

Bergevin painted himself in a corner when he traded for Staal.
Kk healthy scratch.

He did the same with Romanov and Caufield.

Bergevin is completely lost and he needs to be fired already
What moves didn’t you like?

Giddens

Feb 18, 2007
Bettman should step in... The Hurricanes have a right to do this, but it's the way they are doing it that is making the NHL looks like an bush league... there is a lot of reputational damage being done that is bad for all teams...

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
What if Kotkaniemi becomes the 50-60 point center he can be? How many of you emotional takes will eat crow? This is a gamble you can’t get caught with your pants down on. We have needed centres for 25 years. Your going to let a young one with potential walk for late 1st and late 3rd?

because we have graduated so many 1st round picks into good players we should definitely rely on the draft and development of another late 1st to be our return…

we have gone through years of growth pains with this player and when he is on the cusp of breaking out you let him walk for essentially nothing?

Sober up folks before you lay your hot takes on the internet.

well played by Canes

That's my personal hot take but I don't think he'll take huge steps forwards in Montreal.
However, I can see him becoming a 50pts 60pts scorer in Carolina since he's gonna be (much) better surrounded

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
As much as I love KK (have 30 some figurines of him pre covid unopened) loll

I still would let him walk..

Now.. 2 1st picks in a deep draft apparently up to what? 10-15 first players are suppose to be very good picks from what I ear?

Few possibilities here..

Canes can have a bad year.. Average goalies.. Maybe one of their stars gets injured? Who knows.. At best we what? Get a lottery pick? At worse we get the 20th pick? No way Canes go to the finals and not even third round..

That being said.. You can always trade your 2 first to move up in the first 10 ranked? All depends on where we fall and were Canes fall but still.. Alot of possibilities that can actually turn out great for us..

You don't mess with the salary structure.. And you don't need Weber's money to pay KK.. That's an other thing.. And than next year around your stuck with the same problem..

Don't know but if I'm Berg.. he walks that's it!
I agree, people keep saying it’s a late 1st but that’s far from a sure thing. The Metro division is going to be extremely tough, they lost Hamilton and both their new goalies were injured last year.

That 1st rounder is unprotected as well…

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
What moves didn’t you like?
Trading their future goalie for nothing in Nekjo
Signing a cancer like DeAngelo
Letting Hamilton walk for... DeAngelo
Signing a known choker in Andersen to somehow fix their goalie situation?
Now signing a 30 points center at 6.1m year for... revenge? It helps more the habs than it does for Carolina who already have 3 center.

Reactions: Peter Puck

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Bettman should step in... The Hurricanes have a right to do this, but it's the way they are doing it that is making the NHL looks like an bush league... there is a lot of reputational damage being done that is bad for all teams...
200.gif

Nope, it's just making Bergevin look like a clown, like he is.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I like KK but Habs weren’t low balling him if we’re to believe the numbers. A long term contract for him, as some have suggested? KK has proven squat and most hockey pundits still don’t know what he will amount to.

Bergevin’s blunder wasn’t this summer; his blunder was the draft year, for bringing him at 18. In hindsight, that’s the mistake.

And it gives even more munitions to Timmins, who’s a firm believer in drafting college boys for that specific reason : getting teens to the NHL screws up kids progression AND salary structure.

Bergevin is leaving, I still believe it. This won’t get him fired. He’s done much worse.

Sad that KK will leave but it is what it is. It’s a business and he’s an asset. Nothing more or nothing less. Bergevin needs to use his newly acquired assets and find a centre. KK’s short term production is easily replaceable.

It’s unfortunate, I thought he would become a fixture here in Mtl. A good 2nd line centre. Not a star, but an honest 2nd line centre. Not meant to be. So be it. I’ve seen worse.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Trading their future goalie for nothing in Nekjo
Signing a cancer like DeAngelo
Letting Hamilton walk for... DeAngelo
Signing a known choker in Andersen to somehow fix their goalie situation?
Now signing a 30 points center at 6.1m year for... revenge? It helps more the habs than it does for Carolina who already have 3 center.
Oh! Carolina! My bad. I thought you meant Mtl. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad