Canes Offer Sheet KK (6.1 for 1 yr) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
That's my personal hot take but I don't think he'll take huge steps forwards in Montreal.
However, I can see him becoming a 50pts 60pts scorer in Carolina since he's gonna be (much) better surrounded
Then I get to watch everyone on here whine about how dumb Bergevin is for letting a top center go for nothing.

problem with keyboard warriors is we all get to make tough calls but if those calls turn out wrong it doesn’t harm our knowitall personas moving forward.

this is not a gamble I take. Sign him and now he needs to step up

Reactions: abo9

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I’d shop the picks and then some to see if I can get a real 2nd line center. If not, I’d match the offer and then trade him to Buffalo or other bottom feeder team in a shitty location. What can I say? I’m a petty person.

Reactions: holy

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
I like KK but Habs weren’t low balling him if we’re to believe the numbers. A long term contract for him, as some have suggested? KK has proven squat and most hockey pundits still don’t know what he will amount to.

Bergevin’s blunder wasn’t this summer; his blunder was the draft year, for bringing him at 18. In hindsight, that’s the mistake.

And it gives even more munitions to Timmins, who’s a firm believer in drafting college boys for that specific reason : getting teens to the NHL screws up kids progression AND salary structure.

Bergevin is leaving, I still believe it. This won’t get him fired. He’s done much worse.

Sad that KK will leave but it is what it is. It’s a business and he’s an asset. Nothing more or nothing less. Bergevin needs to use his newly acquired assets and find a centre. KK’s short term production is easily replaceable.

It’s unfortunate, I thought he would become a fixture here in Mtl. A good 2nd line centre. Not a star, but an honest 2nd line centre. Not meant to be. So be it. I’ve seen worse.
Those college kids amount to nothing most of the time.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Trading their future goalie for nothing in Nekjo
Signing a cancer like DeAngelo
Letting Hamilton walk for... DeAngelo
Signing a known choker in Andersen to somehow fix their goalie situation?
Now signing a 30 points center at 6.1m year for... revenge? It helps more the habs than it does for Carolina who already have 3 center.
Agreed, i cant understand the people in here calling the canes geniuses. Its a pretty easy decision if you ask me, take the picks

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I agree, KK` is 2,5mil guy, hell, even 3mil sounds overpayment. And 6mil per year for him is absolute joke. Bergevin is total idiot if he does not take the picks for KK.

Absolutely. Based on comparisons comparables, he's at best a 2 years 3M guy, and that's money given to guys who were trending better at the time (Roope Hintz, Dylan Strome)

most other prospects with his number of gp and pts got a 1 year 900 000 show me contract

Reactions: FinnHab

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Habs aint no better didnt fix any of our needs about to lose a 3oa because he was badly managed once again.
Habs did address the loss of Tatar. That’s about it. Perreault will be useful. The rest, meh.
I agree about Carolina. But I could give a f*** about this welfare franchise. Really.
Now, Bergevin WILL FINALLY have to bite the bullet and trade some assets in order to get talent. The stop gaps aren’t in order here.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I’d shop the picks and then some to see if I can get a real 2nd line center. If not, I’d match the offer and then trade him to Buffalo or other bottom feeder team in a shitty location. What can I say? I’m a petty person.
Said here before : can’t trade him for a complete calendar year.

Reactions: sandviper

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Then I get to watch everyone on here whine about how dumb Bergevin is for letting a top center go for nothing.

problem with keyboard warriors is we all get to make tough calls but if those calls turn out wrong it doesn’t harm our knowitall personas moving forward.

this is not a gamble I take. Sign him and now he needs to step up

yeah, signing him is the right move to make for MB absolutely

Though for Kk personally I'd rather we walk so he can have a chance to blossom somewhere else at still a young age

Reactions: sandviper

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Bettman should step in... The Hurricanes have a right to do this, but it's the way they are doing it that is making the NHL looks like an bush league... there is a lot of reputational damage being done that is bad for all teams...
This started because Bergevin touched the third rail with HIS OS last year. It doesn't happen often because its not well respected. MB is low balling KK and the canes could use him to leverage contract on their own team, if only for a year. This all starts with MB, his ego, and his terrible negotiating skills. Is anderson worth more than toffi? He got 24 points last season vs toffis 44. Andy is a 40-50 point guy making 5.5 million for 7 years! Now do we think KK can at least match anderson? Because if we do then he is worth 6 million, at least for a season to better gauge his potential.

Canes are smart. They see KKs value, tried to trade (MB probably asked for Aho and their 1st in return) and in the end are just repaying the favour of what the habs tried to do last season. KKs part? He was getting benched for no reason(and not the only one) not getting opportunities, not getting good development. When you get benched in the finals after being instrumental in the previous rounds, you see the dum dum couch extended, you get lowballed to basically a QO and nothing more(mostly because of poor play time from coach and the GM putting him in charge of young assets, then giving him a multiyear contract) YEAH you leave for the big money. Loyalty doesn't mean squat when the habs never showed you any. If PD doesn't leave for a "more offensive" role KK goes back to be 3rd line center and we all know it.

Hey we have a two way center with 30 points, has a few seasons of experience but hasn't grown into his body yet, better on the draw than suzuki, who JUST turned 21, is he worth 6? No , but he knows he is getting mismanaged if he stays a hab. Of course you take the money and the middle finger signing bonus. He doesn't owe the habs a thing. They played him because the habs had no choice until the great signing of erik over the hill staal. Staal looked every minute of his age and was terribad regular season.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
This started because Bergevin touched the third rail with HIS OS last year. It doesn't happen often because its not well respected. MB is low balling KK and the canes could use him to leverage contract on their own team, if only for a year. This all starts with MB, his ego, and his terrible negotiating skills. Is anderson worth more than toffi? He got 24 points last season vs toffis 44. Andy is a 40-50 point guy making 5.5 million for 7 years! Now do we think KK can at least match anderson? Because if we do then he is worth 6 million, at least for a season to better gauge his potential.

Canes are smart. They see KKs value, tried to trade (MB probably asked for Aho and their 1st in return) and in the end are just repaying the favour of what the habs tried to do last season. KKs part? He was getting benched for no reason(and not the only one) not getting opportunities, not getting good development. When you get benched in the finals after being instrumental in the previous rounds, you see the dum dum couch extended, you get lowballed to basically a QO and nothing more(mostly because of poor play time from coach and the GM putting him in charge of young assets, then giving him a multiyear contract) YEAH you leave for the big money. Loyalty doesn't mean squat when the habs never showed you any. If PD doesn't leave for a "more offensive" role KK goes back to be 3rd line center and we all know it.

Hey we have a two way center with 30 points, has a few seasons of experience but hasn't grown into his body yet, better on the draw than suzuki, who JUST turned 21, is he worth 6? No , but he knows he is getting mismanaged if he stays a hab. Of course you take the money and the middle finger signing bonus. He doesn't owe the habs a thing. They played him because the habs had no choice until the great signing of erik over the hill staal. Staal looked every minute of his age and was terribad regular season.

Disagree. If reported numbers are true, MB did not lowball him. How is 2.5 a lowball offer? Kid proved squat.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Oh! For KK agree!! THAT is the blunder. Not this summer.

KK was so badly mismanaged he looked better in his first 30 games as a rookie then at the end of last year...

Every year he comes to camp looking like he's taken a step forward only to take two steps back during the season.

We absolutely suck at developing you players and we're lucky that Suzuki and Caufield got a couple years of development outside our system before they made the jump

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Next year.

If Montreal chooses to keep him, it’s 1 year at $6.1… period.

However, this now sets a precedent… given how Suzuki and Caufield even have surpassed KK, $6m is the benchmark.
It’s looking unlikely that KK would sign a long term deal in Montreal for less than 6 next season.

So, Montreal should only match if they believe that somehow, miraculously, he becomes a 6M player next season.

They can’t afford to keep rolling QO’s his way given his flaws. Skating, slow release, consistency issues.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
KK was so badly mismanaged he looked better in his first 30 games as a rookie then at the end of last year...

Every year he comes to camp looking like he's taken a step forward only to take two steps back during the season.

We absolutely suck at developing you players and we're lucky that Suzuki and Caufield got a couple years of development outside our system before they made the jump
Et voilà! Both developed elsewhere!

No, for sure this management team needs to go (no doubt). I think the fact that MB has not been extended is telling.

But in today’s KK case, you run with the picks and use your assets in order to replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad