Canes Offer Sheet KK (6.1 for 1 yr) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
At some point KK will want some security too tho, yeah his QO is $6.1MM next year but either he earns it and you can offer him a longer term deal around that number or if he doesn’t then you can offer him a longer term deal at a lower number.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
At some point KK will want some security too tho, yeah his QO is $6.1MM next year but either he earns it and you can offer him a longer term deal around that number or if he doesn’t then you can offer him a longer term deal at a lower number.

SEEms to me he will force his QO or test FA. Let him go, no chance he will be a 6 mil C. He will get crucified next year by the fans if he has a similar year as last.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
SEEms to me he will force his QO or test FA. Let him go, no chance he will be a 6 mil C. He will get crucified next year by the fans if he has a similar year as last.

The Canes will use him as a LW
Probably with Trocheck
There is no need to rush a young C... look at how they are developing Necas

habs_24x

Sep 12, 2002
montreal
Visit site
Bergevin has got a week to make a trade using the 1st and 3rd and anything else he sees fit to use for a replacement center. If he can't do it simply match and move on with life. I wouldn't expect a decision til the 7th day or if a trade was concluded.

Reactions: Garbox

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

We’re likely not going to be competitive for a few years anyways. Hopefully we can take Aho off their hands with that contract we gifted him that takes him straight to free agency. If they want to play games, we can too as well.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
The fact that JK signed that offer sheet with 20$ signing bonus puzzles me. I mean, does the player have any say in that? Cause if JK was just fine with it, it kind of seems like he's giving the finger to Habs front office.

What's the perception of this among you guys? Even if you'd be ready to match that number, does it worry anyone here that JK might be too displeased with Habs management?
My perception is that the relationship has soured. He could have taken the money without participating in a troll campaign.

That's actually the strongest argument for not matching, because he's not worth the money and we can't reasonably expect to re-sign him at lower amount after not qualifying him next year. He clearly prefers to be somewhere else.

From the business side of things, Kotkaniemi did nothing wrong. That said, sport is not all business. It's ultimately financed by the fans, who are not in it for monetary gain. So, from the point of view of this fan at least, Kotkaniemi can go f*** himself.

Now, a separate matter is the GM who presided over all of this mess of selecting, developing and negotiating with him, as well as allowing the relationship with Danault to go south in order to accommodate Kotkaniemi. Bergevin needs some miracle work very soon to regain my trust.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metallo and 1909

Jul 6, 2016
KK 20 points 56 games. 6.1 mil
AG 21 points 40 games. 1 mil
Dvorak 31 pts 56 games 4.4 mil

As much as it kills me, I’d take Ag at 1 mil over kk at 6 everyday of the week.
AG us not a center. He is not even a NHL caliber player.

Jul 6, 2016
I guess we will see how he does in Carolina playing beside Trocheck.. I hope you know how good Trocheck is

Trotchek contract is over after this season. They gonna trade him to bolster their D. Ottawa is a good partner, even Seattle.

Jul 6, 2016
Here's the thing, y'all.

If CAR doesn't make this offer, then JK is stuck with a $2.5m bridge deal, or a low QO, or arbitration, and he's stuck for 3 years. He's cost controlled by MTL.

JK has nothing to lose. He knows he's not worth 6.1, but that doesn't matter, because the 6.1 is just the mechanism to force MTL's hand.

Even if MTL says no, and they should, then CAR pays 6.1 for one year when they've got the cap space to do it, and then at the end of the 21-22 season, CAR says "ok, like we agreed, we're not making you a QO of 6.1, so let's figure out what you're really worth, and if you don't agree you can go UFA and no hard feelings." Thus getting exclusive negotiating rights for his *actual* value, and likely some goodwill for freeing him from the MTL org.

Worst case for JK, he's a UFA at 22, almost certainly making more than he would have been making with MTL.

This 1 year offer sheet was nasty genius. The fact that it was revenge is just the cherry on top.

Maybe y'all should have played that kid more than 13 minutes a game.

He was playing more than 13 minutes.

SpitfireG

Sep 29, 2013
Lose/lose offer sheet for all sides Canes, Habs and particulary for KK for long term, no matter match canadiens or not.

Canes don't care at all about young player, his mental state and presion with expectation that KK should meet even season don't start. Burned option to natural bridge contract, so resigning players and locker room atmosphere are rising issues for canes.

Carolina GM did the dumbest cheap vengeance emotional move together with frustration of losing Hamilton and Nedelijkovic, paying more for Anderson. No logic, let them go and put 6.1 M + for years for KK (in ideal scenario).

With other scenario, give 1st and 3rd for possible 1 year loan or (bottom 6) no sense. The dillema will for coaching with KK, to put him to score point to approve deal or keep buttom 6, and then try to resign without QO (about 3-4M). It cost you 2 picks.
Canes funs don't deserve it.

Canes idea also was looking for create finnish banda with Aho, Terrovainen adding KK. Aho and KK are close friends, but it's not a criteria to building team.

They make nice PR for the league is good, but violate corporate ethics between GM it's not. Owner Canes should start to look for the new GM.

Canes up Habs chance to be on bottom the league for couple season in the real battle teams in rebuilding mode for Wright, Michkov, Savard & Co.

Habs take picks and run. Invest it wisely on further MTL draft.

So, Canes without playoff this season, Habs in bottom 3 of the league.
Both GM are in cold water.
KK season will amful

Last edited:

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Trotchek contract is over after this season. They gonna trade him to bolster their D. Ottawa is a good partner, even Seattle.

They will let Trocheck walk like Hamilton
Going for a cup need him this year

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
While I love the pettiness angle and CAR seems to "win" either way, considering they don't seem to mind paying way too much for 1 year of Kotkaniemi (and assuming the 1st doesn't turn into some monster player), I actually think this will turn into harm for the organisation in the longer run. The owner/management is notoriously stingy, they reportedly made insulting offers to Aho, Teräväinen is signed at 5.4 AAV, other players have taken deals at below market value. And good for the organisation for being smart with the finances, but what exactly is the motivation for the players having good will in the future, when they see them throwing money for the lols but not not respecting their talents with market value contracts? What is the motivation for taking sweet heart deals? And should Kotkaniemi join the team, there is bound to be some hard feelings in the locker room for a bottom 6 player making more than the top guys.

Edit:Sorry, meant to post this in the main board thread.
Yeah and try using paragraphs. Your post is impoossble to read

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangers ftw

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Canes have
Aho
Trocheck
Staal

down the middle

it’s either Trocheck or he gets to learn defence on Staals wing.
Both are great spots to be in

Great, he can get his 6 mil and put up his 30/40pts. KK is nothing special, drafted way to high and lots of flaws in his game.

Take the picks, save the cap space, he isn’t worth 6 no matter how hard one wants to believe it.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Great, he can get his 6 mil and put up his 30/40pts. KK is nothing special, drafted way to high and lots of flaws in his game.

Take the picks, save the cap space, he isn’t worth 6 no matter how hard one wants to believe it.

That’s what Hawk fans said about
Teravainen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad