Canes Offer Sheet KK (6.1 for 1 yr) Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habby4Life

First pick overall goes to the Montreal Canadiens
Nov 12, 2008
Take the picks and see what they can do with them. If Necas hits FA July 1, offer sheet him that day.

Tutu to

Jan 19, 2013
Toronto
I’ll honestly be pissed if Bergevin matches the offer. While KK has potential he has been nothing short of mediocre in his time with the Habs. I have serious doubts about him reaching his potential also.

Let Carolina take him for 6M and give us the draft picks. Hopefully they regress this year which is totally possible.

Also, couldn’t have Carolina signed Hamilton, Nedeljkovic and another decent player with that money? Lol

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Absolutely very childish on his part. I could totally understand signing a multi year offer sheet, but a one year deal to troll the team that drafted you especially when you can't go two shifts without falling down.
If I can't go 2 shifts without falling down I definitely take the $6.1 million. Bird in hand is better than 3/4 a bird in the bush.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
I fell off my chair, been laughing my ass off ever since! Amazing troll move by Carolina - I f***ing love it. Now, if Bergevin matches, omfg I will actually cringe hard. Imagine what Suzuki will ask next year lol!

Gotta let go of Kotkaniemi. Go after Pettersson, make it a really interesting off-season! Swing high!

BushFireRecordsRedux

I'm a Dapper Dan man
Sep 10, 2018
How come?

The worst scenario for them is losing a late 1st and a 3rd if they decide not to qualify Kotkaniemi after next season and he walks away on free agency.

On the other hand, if he's a good fit they can either re-negotiate a lower contract, or let him test free agency and still have a good chance of re-signing him, because, contrary to us, the relationship is not soured.

We've invested a 3OA pick on this guy and have to structure the salary cap of our future core in the next two years. The only way it looks good for us is if we take the compensation and then Kotkaniemi turns out to be nothing more than a #3C. But then again, it would mean that we f***ed up another 3OA pick.

Sublime Maestro really has to do some sublime work to make the whole situation look palatable.

The worst case scenario for them is signing their 4th best C to an inflated contract, wasting a 1st and 3rd to do it out of spite in an offseason they let their best DMan walk and replaced him with Tony Deangelo. This should be their contending window with that core and their screwing around with a silly pissing war lol.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I bet MB pulls off a trade and takes the picks. KK isn’t that good, shit he’s barely a 3c.

coastalview

Sep 11, 2018
True
Could have just left out the 20 and kept it professional.

exactly how??? please let me know

kk is habs property as he is a rfa
no other team can tamper by attempting to negotiate with him (or his agent)
another team can only present an offer sheet (on terms they chose)

it is a take it or leave it situation, no back and forth
if there was back and forth, habs have a tampering remedy

kk signed what was presented and likely was overjoyed at the huge dollar amount
and cared nothing about those trivial dollar amounts

Reactions: Lurch

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Habs should pull a Vince McMahon: keep him forever and make him suffer. :nod:

Bergy has to match it period..if he don't other teams will try him again .

KK was drafted in the top 3...these players get big $.....6 million seems like alot...but the guy is 21. ....you gotta pay it , to be honest 6 million is not really an over pay by a whole lot ....If i was Habs, would come out in the morning and match it.....and i gve Carolina a warning will see ya again ....

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

KK was drafted in the top 3...these player get big $.....6 million seems like alot...but the guy is 21. ....you gotta pay it , to be honest 6 million is not really an over pay by a whole lot ....If i was Habs would come out in the morning and match it.....and i gve Carolina a warning will see ya again ....

Esp. since the inflation in the NHL being unbelievable as it is so that 6 mill may not be that bad in a few years if KK plays decently. And contrary to some, I don't think he's a trash player.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

KK was drafted in the top 3...theses players get big $.....6 million seems like alot...but the guy is 21. ....you gotta pay it , to be honest 6 million is not really an over pay by a whole lot ....If i was Habs, would come out in the morning and match it.....and i gve Carolina a warning will see ya again ....

No thanks, they are better off calling thier bluff. 21 means squat, he’s a flawed 30 point c. Masssively overpaid

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Bergevin’s margin to maneuver gets incredibly thin if he accepts to match.
This is masterful from Carolina, I’m all for making Bergevin looking like the incompetent tool he is.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Bergevin’s margin to maneuver gets incredibly thin if he accepts to match.
This is masterful from Carolina, I’m all for making Bergevin looking like the incompetent tool he is.

He can easily match this year, salary cap is no issue with Weber and Byron. The problem becomes the year after if KK doesn’t produce which I don’t think he will.

Take the picks, no 3c is worth 6.1. On this team NS is the real 1c anyway. Use the picks and find a 2c

expy

Nov 2, 2010
He can easily match this year, salary cap is no issue with Weber and Byron. The problem becomes the year after if KK doesn’t produce which I don’t think he will.

Take the picks, no 3c is worth 6.1. On this team NS is the real 1c anyway.
We still need to make the team better, it was worse than last year’s roster even before losing KK.

Match him and you have less to look for new players than you did before.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
This is a no brainer......

Take the picks as KK isn't currently worth half of this dollar amount and has not shown enough to suggest that he will approach that value by the start of the following season.

If MB matches then Carolina very possibly would offer sheet Suzuki next season at which point MB would not be able to tender KK a qualifying offer in order to have enough space to sign Suzuki. We end up losing KK for nothing in this scenario so may as well cut bait now and take the picks.

I am not confident in KK playing well this season anyways as he desperately needs to get stronger and the abbreviated off season will all but ensure that he does not. It doesn't take much imagination to foresee the potential disaster as fans will view him as an overpaid, under achieving traitor and will not hesitate to let him know. I am not suggesting that this is necessarily my perception of him in this incident but if he doesn't produce he will be crucified in Montreal.......worst of all, he would be acutely aware of the burgeoning animosity going in to the season and that pressure alone might be too much for him.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
We still need to make the team better, it was worse than last year’s roster even before losing KK.

Match him and you have less to look for new players than you did before.

They are worse off matching. KK is a 30 point 3c with flaws and is no way worth 6.

MB should take the picks, protect the cap and go get a 2c via trade. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad