Player Discussion Cam Talbot (G)

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
The whole NHL is watching the Senators with these moves and shaking their heads in amazement. Free agents are definitely taking notice.
I know GMs do what is best for thier teams, but is there a point where they don't pick up the phone?

"Dorion on line 1"
"Not here"

I'm flabbergasted right now.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
I will never forget the rage on that Zibby goal.

Obligatory.

d64os0d-dd8c42d3-1a03-4d51-b92d-dd485cb51155.gif

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
Lowkey I wasn't very excited for a Forsberg/Gus tandem. This puts that thought at rest. I feel Forsberg will be given the net to start the season and if he ever falters, Talbot is definitely good enough - and hungry enough to steal the net.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I was very high on him but would give you a 42 saves 1 GL win and the game after, 3 GA on 22 SoG L....

could turn into a Bishop trade but that's what we have the most of in our prospect pool

For now, good trade for OTT

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Seems premature to give up Gus for 1 year of Talbot. Hope this one doesn't bite us in the ass.
I guess I have like zero faith in goalie development and outcomes nowadays. It feels like one big crapshoot to me for the most part and is just a more volatile position more than ever.

Reactions: NyQuil

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Talbo is an average goalie so we are better off. If we were trying to tank it would have been as bad as the Anderson trade. Still won't understand the Murray trade though. If I'm Toronto I would be going after Talbot.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Most of us are probably still hurting from Ben Bishop

Bishop established himself as an excellent goalie in the AHL and had good numbers in the NHL when traded.

Lehner backstopped the B-Sens to the Calder Cup at 19, following excellent numbers in the OHL, and had good success in the NHL before being traded.

They were both significantly better and more promising young goalies than Gustavsson when they were traded.

Gustavsson's numbers look bad in comparison to those two guys, and obviously he doesn't have the same size and athleticism as they do.

I'm not worried about giving him up. Losing Sogaard would have concerned me a lot more.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I guess I have like zero faith in goalie development and outcomes nowadays. It feels like one big crapshoot to me for the most part and is just a more volatile position more than ever.
Ya im not gonna throw a fit about it. Goalie development is definitely a crap shoot also not a position I would pay a ton of money for. I like adding Talbot I said yesterday I'd try to add him or Reimer if Dorion was looking for a goalie. I just don't like giving up a young, cheap goalie with some serious upside. It's a tough call but Yolo I'm still pumped to start this season.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Seems premature to give up Gus for 1 year of Talbot. Hope this one doesn't bite us in the ass.
This is making a window to compete. All the moves are. They aren't bad moves. Gambles about certain things..yes. For at least a few years Dorion may have pushed the Sens into a spot to do damage in the playoffs. May have. Top 4 RD added and things get better. What if G signs here, Brown gets us a younger version of himself, get...Deslaurier to replace Watson. I have never been on the "build a roster with players we haven't drafted, signed or traded for yet" players, but this is getting nutz and I won't dismiss anything.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If you look at it like the Sens are investing towards taking that next step. Goal tending can't be the reason why they can't. Takes some risk away .. I understand it and I don't mind it. Sogaard is a really good prospect.
Reidler looks like he could be a solid goalie prospect too.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Excellent move to ensure a platoon rotation in Ottawa, FYOUS in nigh and we still have Levi and Soooogood Soogard! Back to Duh Dorion show in my Sens cave, can’t wait for Giroux on Wednesday!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad